[ROM][7.1.2_r24][UNOFFICIAL][grouper] LineageOS 14.1 for Nexus 7 2012

Search This thread

Pich018

Feb 18, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
My N7 is running lineage-14.1-20181209-UNOFFICIAL-aaopt-grouper with addonsu-16.0-arm-signed installed.

Today I installed and tried to use Greenify, but the app complains something to the effect that "root access permission may not be granted ...".

Has any one run into this issue with Greenify or some other app, and has found a solution?

TIA.
Have you actived root in developer mode's option ?

uphall

May 1, 2011
Connect to PC.

It's a PITA is it not. I had the same problem but found a workaround.

Change the connection mode to PTP.
In windows 10 you should see the Nexus 7 in the drives section (I set mine to open automatically). When opened you will be presented with a DCIM and Pictures folders..
Copy your files to inside the Pictures folder.
On your device, using your file explorer, navigate to the Pictures folder and the copied file should be there.
Copy it to it's final destination and delete the original file in the Pictures folder.

Hope this helps.

I flashed my N7 with LN14.1 build 20180625-UNOFFICIAL, everything seems to work fine, except I am not able to get the N7 to connect to my Win10 PC over USB as an MTP device, or for ADB access (although ADB over WiFi works fine).

Any suggestion is appreciated.

TIA.

Reactions: digixmax
My N7 is running lineage-14.1-20181209-UNOFFICIAL-aaopt-grouper with addonsu-16.0-arm-signed installed.

Today I installed and tried to use Greenify, but the app complains something to the effect that "root access permission may not be granted ...".

Has any one run into this issue with Greenify or some other app, and has found a solution?

TIA.
I've moved to the AOSP ROM for my Nexus 7 a few months ago, but I had it working very well before with this Lineageos 14.1 ROM + the addonsu-14.1 version that I got on this page https://download.lineageos.org/extras. I've no clue why you mixed 14.1 and 16 together, perhaps that's the " root" of the problem you have ;)

Reactions: digixmax

Iryon

Apr 10, 2011
Cagliari
Hi guys, I’ve had the 14.1-20170122-UNOFFICIAL-aaopt-grouper on my N7 for quite some time and it slowed down again. Also have problems with the wifi signal being lost from time to time.
What recent version and which tweaks do you suggest me to try before considering to downgrade to KK stock which is now a very old android version?

dizzymon

Apr 26, 2017
charging problem

I noticed when I ran 4.4.4 kitkat it charge fine but when I switched to Lineagle 14.1 Nougat I had to reboot it to get it to charge. Anyone else have this issue?

street_dog

Oct 9, 2011
I noticed when I ran 4.4.4 kitkat it charge fine but when I switched to Lineagle 14.1 Nougat I had to reboot it to get it to charge. Anyone else have this issue?

had it on another rom and also lost wifi. downgraded and it disappeared, upgraded again and it haven't appeared yet...

so maybe a factory reset would work?

dizzymon

Apr 26, 2017
I'll give it a shot and post back. I haven't used it much other than let my kids play with it. Use it to do some light video streaming but other then that these things are too slow. My HP Touchpad is even slower.

dizzymon

Apr 26, 2017
No Dice. I've decided to go back to slimkat which ran fine most of time but nougat just won't charge without a reboot.

I'll give it a shot and post back. I haven't used it much other than let my kids play with it. Use it to do some light video streaming but other then that these things are too slow. My HP Touchpad is even slower.

philip5660

Mar 11, 2011
I have one of these tablets knocking around - it accidentally got upgraded to latest official rom so is rubbish now.

Is this particular ROM still considered good? I just want lightweight - bit of you tubing, browsing etc is all that is required.........

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][7.1.2_r8][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 for Nexus 7 2012 (grouper)

*** Disclamer

By downloading and installing this ROM you agree that you do so at
    your own risk, and that you understand that it probably voids your
    warranty. (But does anyone still have an active warranty on this 2012
    device?)

Introduction

@AndDiSa's AOSP 7 builds look pretty nice, but I needed something that seamlessly upgrades from CM13. @GtrCraft who provided our CM13 builds has moved on to other devices, so we need a new CM maintainer. I may not be the right person for that job... but I can at least share the build I made for myself. Perhaps someone will be motivated to join the fun or even take over.

[Images on screenshots tab.]

Installation instructions

• Back up your data and previous ROM with TWRP 3.0.2 or 3.1.0.
    • Download from link below.
    • Wipe system, cache, dalvik.
    • Also wipe data unless you are coming from CM13.
    • Install the ROM.
    • Optionally add opengapps-pico.
      With default settings it will give an error about insufficient space. To avoid that, first copy this gapps-config-grouper.txt file, perhaps edit it to your taste (instructions here), then copy to the device in the same directory as the opengapps zip. The opengapps updater-script will look for it there when you install opengapps.​
    • Reboot.
      WAIT for system to settle before you decide it is slow. Some of the app optimization which used to happen during initial boot now seems to happen in the background. When it's finished, responsiveness will improve.​
    • If you use ext4, run fstrim.
      There are ways to automate this, but I just run this app after each ROM upgrade, plus roughly once a week, after large batches of app updates from Play Store, or whenever my tablet starts to feel sluggish.​

Download
    lineage-14.1-20171122-UNOFFICIAL-aaopt-grouper.zip (AndroidFileHost)

Credits / Thanks
    • Google / AOSP
    • CyanogenMod LineageOS
    • @AndDiSa for AOSP 7.1 -- I use his kernel tree directly, and many of his device tree mods
    • @GtrCraft for the CM13 tree upon which mine is based

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 for Nexus 7, ROM for the Nexus 7

Contributors
    aaopt, AndDiSa,GtrCraft
    Source Code: https://github.com/aperomsik/lineageos_android_device_asus_grouper/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-01-02
    Last Updated 2017-12-19
    Changelog

Nearly all builds include LineageOS sync -- only mentioned specifically when it was the main point of the build.

• (TESTING)20181209 (AndroidFileHost)
      @AndDiSa's kernel and device tweaks since my last build and LineageOS sync.
    • (TESTING)20181104 (AndroidFileHost)
      @AndDiSa's kernel and device tweaks since my last build and LineageOS sync.
    • (TESTING)20180708 (AndroidFileHost)
      Added @AndDiSa's kernel and device tweaks since my last build and LineageOS sync with June patches.
    • (TESTING)20180121 (AndroidFileHost)
      @AndDiSa's January performance tweaks. LineageOS sync with January patches.
    older entries:

• 20171122 (AndroidFileHost)
      LineageOS sync with November patches.
    • (TESTING) 20171112 (AndroidFileHost)
      @AndDiSa's latest kernel and device tweaks.
    • (TESTING) 20171020 (AndroidFileHost)
      LineageOS sync including October patches and KRAKN fix.
      Kernel updates and latest device performance tweaks from @AndDiSa .
    • (TESTING) 20170811 (AndroidFileHost)
      LineageOS sync including August patches.
    • 20170717 (AndroidFileHost)
      LineageOS sync brings us to 7.1.2r24 ; perf tweak from @AndDiSa
    • 20170702 (AndroidFileHost)
      LineageOS sync
    • 20170609 (AndroidFileHost)
      LineageOS sync including June patches; Following @AndDiSa's lead to intelliactive governor, for hopefully improved battery life with minimal performance impact.
    • 20170507 (AndroidFileHost)
      Following @AndDiSa's lead to pick up a better fix for RenderThread issues from UnlegacyAndroid.
    • 20170503 (AndroidFileHost)
      LineageOS sync brings us to 7.1.2_r8
    • 20170423 (AndroidFileHost)
      LineageOS sync brings us to 7.1.2_r2
      Updated with @AndDiSa's kernel and device tree updates, including the RenderThread app crash fix he got from @Ziyann.
    • 20170315 (XDA)
      Updated with @AndDiSa's kernel and device tree updates.
    • 20170308 (AndroidFileHost)
      LineageOS sync includes March security patches. For unknown reasons this build seems to be somewhat crashy.
    • 20170226 (AndroidFileHost)
      LineageOS sync includes Feb security patches
    • 20170212 (AndroidFileHost)
      AndDiSa's kernel updates
    • 20170129 (AndroidFileHost)
      AndDiSa's kernel updates
    • 20170122 (AndroidFileHost)
      LineageOS sync, including boot animation and settings updates and various other fixes here and there.
    • 20170108 (AndroidFileHost)
      Switch to Snap camera, at least for now.
    • 20170101 (AndroidFileHost)
      First LineageOS 14.1 build for grouper.
    • Unofficial CM 14.1 (XDA)
      Previous history in my CM 14.1 thread.

More detailed history: my device tree, AndDiSa's kernel, LineageOS .
    What about WiFi patch for KRACK WPA2 security vulnerabilities?
    Wanted new release with all security patches.
    Building. Just added to changelog:
    • (TESTING) 20171020 (AndroidFileHost)
      LineageOS sync including October patches and KRAKN fix.
      Kernel updates and latest device performance tweaks from @AndDiSa .
    Not much testing yet, but so far this build feels faster to me. Also seems like Wifi is behaving better. What do you think?
    • (TESTING)20180121 (AndroidFileHost)
      @AndDiSa's January performance tweaks. LineageOS sync with January patches.
    Try this at home

(a.k.a. Build instructions)

There are plenty of guides to building CM. Those guides are still relevant with the possible exceptions of their URLs. Assuming you have read enough such guides to have the general idea of how to build a ROM from source, here is one way you can set up your source tree to mimic mine.

In a clean directory, perhaps ~/android/lineageos-14.1/ :

Code:
    repo init -u git://github.com/LineageOS/android.git -b cm-14.1
    git clone https://github.com/aperomsik/lineageos_local_manifests.git .repo/local_manifests -b cm-14.1
    repo sync -c 
    . build/envsetup.sh
    brunch grouper