[ROM] [7.1.2] [grouper] [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 [2021/03/13]

Search This thread

cerocepe

Feb 2, 2021
Thank you very much @ud4 best rom i tried since years. I works all very well but i have a doubt. There is a way to activate voice match for talk with assistant? In google config appears like bloqued in grey and i can't toggle it on. I wonder if i can use it as a google nest assistant. Thank you!

Reactions: The0ne988

nCoV

Feb 8, 2021
Great ROM, thanks. I have only one question (except non-installing gapps of any version, pico or beangapps posted here). Is it possible to overclock CPU and GPU? Does kernel support it? Or if not, than what kernel should I get to do it?

HunterZ0

Jul 4, 2012
I've been out of the loop for a while... What selections do I need to make to get the correct gapps for this device+ROM?

1616465730160.png

Edit: This site says to use ARM 7.1 pico. Please let me know if this is incorrect: https://medium.com/@jacob.swanson.n/flashing-lineageos-14-1-to-a-nexus-7-2012-8eac9503b585

user602

May 8, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Nexus 7
I've been out of the loop for a while... What selections do I need to make to get the correct gapps for this device+ROM?

View attachment 5257451

Edit: This site says to use ARM 7.1 pico. Please let me know if this is incorrect: https://medium.com/@jacob.swanson.n/flashing-lineageos-14-1-to-a-nexus-7-2012-8eac9503b585
That is correct (but you will need a config file as stated in OP). You can also use BeansGapps linked in the OP, without needing a config file.

Reactions: HunterZ0

HunterZ0

Jul 4, 2012
That is correct (but you will need a config file as stated in OP). You can also use BeansGapps linked in the OP, without needing a config file.
The provided gapps-config is useless with this system ROM - it says I'm over 40MB short on system storage. I'll try the beans thing tomorrow.

endymion00

Mar 24, 2021
Hey @ud4,

It is a great ROM. Thank you very much!

I just also wanted to tell you that I found 2 issues:

-Camera app is partially broken:

* In camera mode: after a photo is taken the photo preview remains on screen so you can't see what the camera is seeing anymore (only solution is to change the mode and selecting again "camera mode".
* In video mode after a video is recorded, the thumbnail of the video is showing incorrect colors (the lower zone is created using a green color).
* When selecting landscape mode the image is flipped upside down.
* Filter effects do not work (when selected nothing happens)

Workaround: install a third party camera (but some have a bit slow startup)

-Screen is turned off when using youtube:

* When using youtube sometimes the screen goes black but video keeps playing (so you must to press on/off button in order to see the screen again -and the video stops at that moment-). It does not happen all the time so it is not critical

As a side note and maybe related to this: after installing the ROM I got 2 times error report notifications which appeared just after the screen turn off issue (but have not seen them anymore although the screen is being turned off from time to time).

Update 1:

ROM tested: lineage-14.1-20210111-UNOFFICIAL-grouper.zip

Update 2:

Camera issues still present using ROM lineage-14.1-20210313-UNOFFICIAL-grouper.zip

Update 3:

Got 2 error reports when using the lasted ROM (20210313).
The tablet was running youtube and the screen turned off or blocked (not sure) After unblocking the tablet showed new notifications about error reports.
Again this does not happen frequently (maybe it happens one time some time later after installing a new ROM?)

Last edited:

endymion00

Mar 24, 2021
Based on usage after 2 weeks on a daily basis here are my recommendations.
I hope you find this helpful.

-If search bar is needed: "Google" app is too slow. Google Go works better but it is still a bit slow in showing websites after tapping links. Maybe not usable, too much time waiting when opening links.
Google Go seems to have a decent performance .

-Browser: default browser in ROM is a bit slow.
After testing several browsers I think the best performant is Opera and also Firefox Focus (for private browsing).
Opera Lite didn't work, it crashed.

Other browsers tested: Brave, Firefox, Chrome.

ROM tested: lineage-14.1-20210111-UNOFFICIAL-grouper.zip
lineage-14.1-20210313-UNOFFICIAL-grouper

Updated:

Added/Fixed new info about lastest ROM (20210313)

Last edited:

federico72

Jun 2, 2010
Porto Alegre
A kernel with overclock enabled will help for sure, mine is still sluggish even with this rom but I must admit is way better than the stock one... Thanks and kudos @ud4 !!!
The only rom that was performing well enough for me was the 4.4.4.

Glimmerman911

Apr 11, 2021
This is my first ROM, so far so good thank you!

How do I install apps not in the Google Play Store, such as Netflix and Microsoft Teams?

jhoshua36

Jul 18, 2018
Hello every one, I put this rom in my nexus 7 without gaaps and it works very good, the only problem was that the gps dont work, then I wipe all and put the same rom with gaaps, and the gps works, but is more slow, ¿there is a fix that solve that or I have to use gaaps?, thanks every one

D

Deleted member 11373495

Hello every one, I put this rom in my nexus 7 without gaaps and it works very good, the only problem was that the gps dont work, then I wipe all and put the same rom with gaaps, and the gps works, but is more slow, ¿there is a fix that solve that or I have to use gaaps?, thanks every one
BeanGapps

jhoshua36

Jul 18, 2018
Thank you for the comment, that was the gaaps posted here that I installed, and with that versión my nexus turn slow in comparasion without it, without beangaaps my nexus is more fast, and can open two apps like spotify and Google maps without lags (i use it in my car) but the gps dont work (it cant find my location), and with beangaaps the gps works, but it turn laggy, thank you very much

D

Deleted member 11373495

Thank you for the comment, that was the gaaps posted here that I installed, and with that versión my nexus turn slow in comparasion without it, without beangaaps my nexus is more fast, and can open two apps like spotify and Google maps without lags (i use it in my car) but the gps dont work (it cant find my location), and with beangaaps the gps works, but it turn laggy, thank you very much
There was A-gapps which is a small package but is long ago deprecated.
If you can find those, you can try them.

endymion00

Mar 24, 2021
@ud4, I researched about the error I got (error reports were generated) and it seems that webview implementation is buggy.
I think the problem happens randomly when using youtube. In the logs I found the following message: "WARNING: tile memory limits exceeded, some content may not draw".

The solution is to not use the webview implementation that comes in the ROM.
I performed the following procedure and it seems that solves the issue.

1. Download Google Chrome (as I read it includes a webview implementation since recent versions) or download Android System Webview in the app store.
2. Head to developer settings and change Webview implementation from "AOSP Webview" to the new implementation name (name could be "Google WebView" or other).

Top Liked Posts