The purpose of this rom is to provide a rom not so far of the AOSP with some cool features (nAOSP means "near AOSP").
It is fork of nAOSProm for Xperia S.
nAOSProm is stable, works very smoothly, works well with layers, xposed...
It has integrated Superuser app so superSU is not necessary, but it works well also if you flash it.
There are no FCs with Setup Wizard and Google Play services, when clean flashed together with gapps.
- AOSP android-6.0.1_r79 - February security patch
- AOSP android-6.0.1_r74 - November security patch
- f2fs: added f2fs check to fstab
- AOSP android-6.0.1_r70 - October security patch
- Fixed sound on system start
- AOSP android-6.0.1_r66 - September security patch
- AOSP android-6.0.1_r61 - August security patch
- Superuser replaced with new Superuser with AppOps
- su: Support for multiuser and the new Superuser
- Ui: Battery styles (see Settings/nAOSProm/More)
- Ui: Optimizing application displays the application name
- Ui: Correct handling of NavBar menu button in old apps
- Settings: Display safe entries into nAOSP section (depends on current user, root access ...)
- Boot: check f2fs not run anymore - faster boot in the case of f2fs data and cache
- Geolocation: fixed location provider
- PerformanceControl: changed to drawer view ui
- AOSP android-6.0.1_r52 - July security patch
- Themes: Full support of Layers 4.0
- SystemUI: Added battery percentage text to status bar
You can configure it from Settings/nAOSProm/More.../Battery Percentage
- AOSP android-6.0.1_r46 - June security patch
- Added Immersive Mode Quick Settings tile (hide NavBar and/or Status bar)
You can add/remove tile from Settings/System UI Tuner/Quick Settings
- AOSP android-6.0.1_r43 - May security patches
- Added nAOSP "More" settings:
Others: Quick Settings Expand and Status Bar DT2S switches
- Animations speed up
- AOSP android-6.0.1_r24
- Switched to daniel_hk kernel
- Performance improvements
- Added PerformanceControl app
- Added Caffeine Quick Settings tile
- AOSP android-6.0.1_r22
- Added ViPER4Android
- Added adb over wifi quick tile
- AOSP android-6.0.1_r16
- OTA: support with ROM Updater (see Settings/About phone/Updates)
- OTA: Layers: OTA will preserve theme files when flashing a new ROM version (updating)
- F2FS support
- Superuser integration
- Browser, Music and Gallery2: AOSP version replaced by CyanogenMod version
- Power Key: Include Reboot menu (Normal, Soft, Recovery and Bootloader)
- Quick Setting: Can be pull down directly with one finger on the 1/3 right of the Status bar
- Recent Applications : Close all applications button on the right bottom
- Double Tap to Sleep on the status bar
- Settings: nAOSProm section that permit you to configure the ROM, to start Layers Manager, Superuser and SuperSU if available.
- No FCs for Setup Wizard and Google Play Services on initial boot
Rooted Nexus 7, TWRP 22.214.171.124 - 3.0+
nAOSProm can be dirty flashed over other AOSP-6.0 based roms (not from CM based). I recommend clean flash if you come from other roms.
- Backup everything
- Reboot into recovery
- Convert data / cache to F2FS
- Backup /sdcard - adb pull /sdcard/ sdcard/
- Change data to F2FS - in twrp go to Wipe, advanced wipe, select Data,
Repair or Change File System, Change File System, F2FS
- Change cache to F2FS - same as for data
- restore sdcard data - adb push sdcard /sdcard/
- Wipe everything except sdcard
- Unmount /system
- Flash nAOSProm
- Flash gapps - I recommend open gapps
- Reboot into recovery
- Flash nAOSProm
- Flash gapps - I recommend open gapps - nano
- Wipe cash & dalvik
Upgrading from previous nAOSP versions
This ROM has OTA update feature - it periodically (once a week by default) checks for new versions and offers to download and install them. You can check for new version manually in Settings/About phone/Updates.
Before doing update you should set post update settings - other zip files (gapps, xposed) that should be flashed after rom update. Once you set post update you can use it for future updates, or you can set updated zips before every update. You can also add custom open recovery script commands. If you want to automatically reboot after upgrade you can enter reboot command into Post Update / Aditional script.
When flashing nAOSProm layers are preserved, so you don't need to worry about that upgrading.
You can also manually upgrade nAOSProm in twrp by dirty flashing.
b11 - 2017/03/12
- Nexus 7 (2012) WIFI: nAOSProm-6.0-grouper-b11.zip
- Nexus 7 (2012) WIFI+3G: nAOSProm-6.0-tilapia-b11.zip
b10 - 2016/11/14
- Nexus 7 (2012) WIFI: nAOSProm-6.0-grouper-b10.zip
- Nexus 7 (2012) WIFI+3G: nAOSProm-6.0-tilapia-b10.zip
- Nexus 7 (2012) WIFI: nAOSProm-6.0-grouper-b09.zip
- Nexus 7 (2012) WIFI+3G: nAOSProm-6.0-tilapia-b09.zip
- @mickybart - for creating original nAOSP rom
- @dmitrygr - for porting android 6 to Nexus 7 2012
- @daniel_hk - for stable kernel with f2fs support and Performance Control app
- Cyanogenmod Team
- ViPER4Android Team
- Android Community