By millosr, Senior Member on 23rd September 2016, 01:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th September 2016, 11:10 PM |#21  
Flag Tilburg
Thanks Meter: 186

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frov

Hmmm, I now see that I flashed the wrong / old Dirty Unicorns ROM by Daniel_HK: in this other thread and post he refers to having fixed the Video problems:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...icial-t3467615
He says in the changelog: Find a way to fix the hwcomposer for video/audio playback, need to review later
And refers to having fixed it in this post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=27
So I guess (I do not have access to my N7 right now) I flashed his 20160917 ROM whereas I should try this one: aosp_grouper-ota-eng.20160923.zip
So I reckon that insight in howto fix video can be found there.

Again reply to myself: I now flashed the newer ROM by Daniel_HK (Sept23 version), as I pointed out above, and now video works
BTW, flashing that ROM was a fight to get Gapps to work, but in the end that ran and I could test the video apps I pointed out before in this thread. All work: kodi / nos / horizon go.
So now looking forward to nAOSP to include this video fix
1st October 2016, 05:31 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Not Working for Tilapia - Installation from TWRP stops
1st October 2016, 10:13 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 807

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymcqueen

Not Working for Tilapia - Installation from TWRP stops

For me it is working on tilapia.
Which version of TWRP you have? Is it twrp for tilapia? Grouper twrp can be also installed on tilapia and you can only flash grouper roms then.
What are you getting in the log when you try to install it?
1st October 2016, 10:38 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi. I used that twrp Version:
twrp-3.0.2-0-tilapia.img 9.3M 2016-04-05 04:44:11 EDT
Installation of ROM stops and tells that i tried to install a grouper Version.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

E3004: this package is for grouper devices. This is a tilapia.

But i used tilapia b01.zip
3rd October 2016, 12:46 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Belgrade

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymcqueen

Hi. I used that twrp Version:
twrp-3.0.2-0-tilapia.img 9.3M 2016-04-05 04:44:11 EDT
Installation of ROM stops and tells that i tried to install a grouper Version.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

E3004: this package is for grouper devices. This is a tilapia.

But i used tilapia b01.zip

It's impossible.
Download zip file again and check md5sum.
3rd October 2016, 07:59 PM |#26  
Flag Sanford, FL
Thanks Meter: 64

More
So far so good, running on F2FS as well. Do I need to install ParrotMod on this or should it already be tuned enough as is?
3rd October 2016, 09:50 PM |#27  
Flag Tilburg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerbey

So far so good, running on F2FS as well. Do I need to install ParrotMod on this or should it already be tuned enough as is?

I would say that adding parrotmod is not a bad idea. I asked the same question in the thread for nAOSP Android 6 and there the answer was that those optimizations were not included.
So back then (few weeks back) I just flashed parrotmod in TWRP over the installed nAOSP_Nexus7_Grouper (b07 I reckon) and that worked fine.
The ultimate answer needs to come from @millosr, of course.
The Following User Says Thank You to frov For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frov Ad-Free
4th October 2016, 03:51 PM |#28  
Flag Sanford, FL
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frov

I would say that adding parrotmod is not a bad idea. I asked the same question in the thread for nAOSP Android 6 and there the answer was that those optimizations were not included.
So back then (few weeks back) I just flashed parrotmod in TWRP over the installed nAOSP_Nexus7_Grouper (b07 I reckon) and that worked fine.
The ultimate answer needs to come from @millosr, of course.

Ontzettend bedankt! I put it on there and got the usual speed boost I get with my 6.0.1 images.
The Following User Says Thank You to zerbey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zerbey Ad-Free
5th October 2016, 02:22 AM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Belgrade

Donate to Me
More
b02 released
Changes:
  • AOSP android-7.0.0_r11 - October security patch (*)
  • Video: fixed hw decoding (thanks @daniel_hk)
  • Selinux: switched to Enforcing
  • Stability: fixed reboots when playing media
  • Ui: fixed widget placing on home screen
  • Ui: fixed gaps in recent list
  • Apps: added PerformanceControl (thanks daniel_hk)

AOSP android-7.0.0-r11
Google release yesterday new code on its aosp repositories and latest tag on nougat-release branch was android-7.0.0-r11.
We have merged that tag with nAOSP forked projects and build using it. Today google removed tags r8-r11, so the latest tag on nougat release is android-7.0.0-r7. They also created new branch naosp-bugfix-release with tags r12-r14. Since I have already merge/build/test b02 with r11, I'm releasing it with that tag. I have compared r7 and r11 and there are no difference except in build (build number) and packages/apps/CellBroadcastReceiver (r11 contains fix for japanese emergency messages).

Video playing
Now video works in every application thanks to daniel_hk fix. Problem with previous version was Media Framework Hardening which introduces constraints that are not satisfied with N7 old codec implementations. Luckily there is a way to by pass those constraints.
Video playing works very smooth. There are no more reboots from internal Video Player and other media apps.

Selinux, Stability
New version uses selinux enforcing, and it's much more stable that b01. I didn't experienced any FCs or reboots.

Download:
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to millosr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift millosr Ad-Free
5th October 2016, 04:22 AM |#30  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by millosr

Changes:

Download:

Great work. My system is very stable, and alot faster than 6.0.

For now I am re flashing gapps along with the update, but must we still do this in order to obtain the currently installed apps, or can we just update the rom.

Also.. Is there a wat to access any sort of shortcut to the stock installed superuser app. Or do I only get to use the app ops.
5th October 2016, 07:29 AM |#31  
Flag Tilburg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noleng

For now I am re flashing gapps along with the update, but must we still do this in order to obtain the currently installed apps, or can we just update the rom. Also.. Is there a way to access any sort of shortcut to the stock installed superuser app. Or do I only get to use the app ops.

I use Titanium Backup to restore all my additional apps after clean flash.
The superuser setting is just another 'app permission': Settings --> Apps --> Yourapp --> Permissions.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
7.0, grouper, nexus 7, nougat, tilapia

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)