This is a community port of SailfishOS for the Nexus 7.
It features a gesture-based user interface with a unique design and ease-of-use in mind.
For more information about SailfishOS please head over to sailfishos.org.
This is not an Android ROM, this is a different operating system called Linux, running the GNU C library (glibc).
It only uses parts of Android for hardware enabling (drivers).
Jolla sailor sledges, alterego, jusa, the HADK team, the Mer Project, the Nemo Project and all the fine people over at #sailfishos-porters @ irc.freenode.net
This release is based on SailfishOS 126.96.36.199 (Tahkalampi).
The Nexus 7 port is considered to be of alpha quality.
Though depending on your usage it might be stable enough for daily use.
Download & installation instructions:
HW Support status:
(Look for the Nexus 7 WiFi 2012 (grouper) row): https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris
Bug reports, if internet search refuses to help:
- First search XDA for keywords. Things like libsailfishapp have already been worked out by this amazing community
- Software-related bugs (Sailfish OS): first search http://together.jolla.com . Tag your questions with "community-build"
- Alpha issues which should eventually be moved here. Volunteers welcome
- Hardware-related problems: at the Nemo Project Bugzilla under Hybris-ing component
- Please do not contact Jolla Care or Jolla Developer Care, as this is not the Jolla phone
- The Jolla Store currently does not work. An alternative store has been bundled into this release: Warehouse for OpenRepos
- OTA Updates do not work
- The camera does not work
- Android app support is not available (unlike in Jolla phone): please ask about the status for open-source Dalvik runtime framework on #sailfishos-porters on irc.freenode.net and also check this XDA Thread
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.10
Alpha1 - 25 August
- Initial release
Last Updated 2014-08-25