[ROM][7.1.2_r23][Grouper|Tilapia][16July2017]Slim7 build 1.2 - UNOFFICIAL

Search This thread
Dec 23, 2015
I realize you have tried a lot of "one-click" fixes but have you tried the Nexus Root Toolkit...http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/? I know you mentioned your tablet is basically not showing up through adb and I imagine this will not work either, but it's something you could try.
actually that was the first thing I tried and your right no adb.... basically I need a no pc... no root...... no recovery way I know I majorly screwed up only some one that actually knows how to code can probably help using an exploit or something I have my bootloader unlocked custom rom ...custom kernel and selinux is enforcing

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
hi guys im kind of stuck in a very weird problem.... I installed this rom a while back along with its kernel and some how my recovery is reverted to stock and i don't have root and I cant see my self in the adb how do I get root soo I can fix this issue I tried all one click solutions and failed help me please really love my grouper
Have you checked on another device if your adb/fastboot environment is indeed working? ("adb devices" returns the device ID?) Maybe your computer setup is messed and in a non working state... A reinstall of i.e. "minimal adb and fastboot" could maybe help

Edit:
Also, did you try to boot to the bootloader (power & volume down, I think)? You could just flash the factory image from Google manually, a toolkit isn't necessary... Then start from scratch...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Labs

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2015
Have you checked on another device if your adb/fastboot environment is indeed working? ("adb devices" returns the device ID?) Maybe your computer setup is messed and in a non working state... A reinstall of i.e. "minimal adb and fastboot" could maybe help

Edit:
Also, did you try to boot to the bootloader (power & volume down, I think)? You could just flash the factory image from Google manually, a toolkit isn't necessary... Then start from scratch...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Labs

I did try with my galaxy s5 they all work.. the problem with the nexus is that It doesn't even detect on any pc no unrecognized device error or any usb plugged in notification of any kind the tablet just starts to charge I tried the bootloader and within the rom and I also ruled out faulty wire or port they work with otg it was all fine just did the stupid mess up of having stock recovery

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
I did try with my galaxy s5 they all work.. the problem with the nexus is that It doesn't even detect on any pc no unrecognized device error or any usb plugged in notification of any kind the tablet just starts to charge I tried the bootloader and within the rom and I also ruled out faulty wire or port they work with otg it was all fine just did the stupid mess up of having stock recovery
Checkin through the thread for possible solution for your strange situation I found this:
https://xdaforums.com/nexus-7/development/rom-slim6-alpha-0-6-unofficial-t3425537/post68519717
Is there still super user inbuilt? In case it is just activate it and flash TWRP by the App (on Playstore), this would be super easy but I seriously doubt you missed this option all the time while looking for solutions...

Edit: what still is something which needs explaining is how can the recovery revert to stock in first place? You didn't even flash the factory image but only a custom ROM, right? This absolutely shouldn't happen and may point to further, more severe issues, like something about the hardware which could also be related to your issue with not being able to establish a connection to a computer, pure speculation but what you described is hyper weird...

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2015
Checkin through the thread for possible solution for your strange situation I found this:
https://xdaforums.com/nexus-7/development/rom-slim6-alpha-0-6-unofficial-t3425537/post68519717
Is there still super user inbuilt? In case it is just activate it and flash TWRP by the App (on Playstore), this would be super easy but I seriously doubt you missed this option all the time while looking for solutions...

Edit: what still is something which needs explaining is how can the recovery revert to stock in first place? You didn't even flash the factory image but only a custom ROM, right? This absolutely shouldn't happen and may point to further, more severe issues, like something about the hardware which could also be related to your issue with not being able to establish a connection to a computer, pure speculation but what you described is hyper weird...

if the rom has su builtin shouldn't I just get root by installing any super su apk .. I used nrt toolkit it had a bad habit of just installing the rom by installing recovery temporarily and reverting to stock after its done whole thing automated that was my bad I was too lazy to install the rom my self thru the recovery..... isn't there any way I could take advantage having a custom kernel and unlocked bootloader to get twrp

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
if the rom has su builtin shouldn't I just get root by installing any super su apk .. I used nrt toolkit it had a bad habit of just installing the rom by installing recovery temporarily and reverting to stock after its done whole thing automated that was my bad I was too lazy to install the rom my self thru the recovery..... isn't there any way I could take advantage having a custom kernel and unlocked bootloader to get twrp
Yeah, that's why I never recommend toolkits, it makes people lazy, they learn zero and get their device's into trouble... and end up with situations like this

No, you can't simply install any superuser app, they all use different su binaries and won't match each other... I'd check developer settings for an "root or super user entry", if there you should activate it for apps and adb...

Thing is that you either need a working adb/fastboot environment or root privileges to flash a custom recovery, being bootloader unlocked with custom kernel alone won't help unless you find a kind of script that exploits a certain weakness (dirty cow is a good example) to gain at least temporarily root privileges...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Labs

Reactions: FreakyBalooshi
Dec 23, 2015
Thing is that you either need a working adb/fastboot environment or root privileges to flash a custom recovery, being bootloader unlocked with custom kernel alone won't help unless you find a kind of script that exploits a certain weakness (dirty cow is a good example) to gain at least temporarily root privileges...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Labs
that's exacty what I need ..any idea where I could start to find such scripts temp root is all I need to flash twrp recovery then im done

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
that's exacty what I need ..any idea where I could start to find such scripts temp root is all I need to flash twrp recovery then im done
Yeah but this solution doesn't exist to my knowledge, your custom ROM and Kernel maker did a good job obviously, as those "one click root" solution you said you tried already are doing exactly that, scanning for exploits and weaknesses, if they can't provide root privileges this means that they couldn't find an exploit...

Did you check weather inbuilt root is still an option? Is it there?

Reactions: FreakyBalooshi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is an unofficial build of Slim6 and Slim7 for Neuxs 7 (2012).
    **Click the above logo to visit the official SlimRoms site
    Release notes:
    2017/07/16
    The latest Slim7 Build 1.2 Android-7.1.2_r23 (NHG47O) is out but AFH is under maintenance. Will upload later...

2017/06/16
    The latest Slim7 Build 0.27 Android-7.1.2_r17 (NJH47B) is out now.

History
    2017/05/19
    The latest Slim7 Build 0.24 Android-7.1.2_r8 (N2G47O) is out now.

2017/05/7
    Have some time to update the Slim this weekend. The latest Slim7 Build 0.22 Android-7.1.2_r8 (N2G47O) is out now.

2017/03/11
    The latest Slim7 Build 0.15 Android-7.1.1_r26 (NOF27C) is out now. After finished the development of MediaTek, I have some time to take a look at the PerformanceControl app. The apply at boot feature is fixed. Settings are preserved after reboot now. Cheers! :D

2017/02/17
    The latest Slim7 Build 0.12 Android-7.1.1_r21 (NOF26W) is out now. I have tested a bit longer this time. The SlimLauncher (modified from Launcher 3) behaves the same as Carbon. It was not prepared to run in landscape (was for a phone) so the app drawer button is not handled properly in landscape. See if there will be a fix in the next build. ;)

2017/01/21
    This is the build I promised. I have tested for a while. It is slim as before and approaching complete.
    The Slim7 Build 0.8 Android-7.1.1_r9 (N6F26Q) is out now. Cheers! ;)

2016/11/19
    Build 1.12 Android 6.0.1_r74 (MOB31K) is out now. ;)

2016/10/7
    Build 1.6 Android 6.0.1_r66 (MOB31E) is out now. ;)

2016/9/17
    Build 1.3 Android 6.0.1_r66 (MOB31E) is out now. ;)

2016/9/3
    Weekly Build 1.1 (Android 6.0.1_r61) is out now. ;)

2016/8/27
    Build 1.0 (Android 6.0.1_r61) is out now. ;)

2016/8/20
    Alpha 0.10 (Android 6.0.1_r61) is out now. Cheers! :D

2016/8/13
    Alpha 0.9 (Android 6.0.1_r61) is out now. Performance Control is upgraded to 2.1.6 with drawer view UI. Cheers! :D

2016/8/6
    Alpha 0.8 (Android 6.0.1_r61) is out now. Some reports that the last build didn't stable. The voltage tables are reverted.

2016/7/31
    Try to keep up with the official weekly. Alpha 0.7 is out now.
    In this build, the customizations of UI are included. The kernel default voltages of CPU and GPU are adjusted to reduce the power consumption. Hoping it would work for most of the devices. Cheers! ;)

2016/7/25
    This is the latest Slim6 Alpha 0.6. I have built SlimRoms since JB. It is known to be the slimmest and provide all the necessary features. I have included the tweaks which I have been making for Omni6 and DC-kernel. After testing it for a few days, I decided to share it. It is quite stable and responsive. It would be my new daily driver now. Cheers! :D

Change log: :victory:
    Code:
    Official [URL="https://slimroms.org/"]Change log[/URL]
    [COLOR="Blue"]2017/07/16[/COLOR]
      - Slim7 Build 1.2, AOSP 7.1.2_r23 (NHG47O)
      - fix a bug in PerformanceControl
    [COLOR="Blue"]2017/06/16[/COLOR]
      - Slim7 Build 0.27, AOSP 7.1.2_r17 (NJH47B)
    [COLOR="Blue"]2017/05/19[/COLOR]
      - Slim7 Build 0.24, AOSP 7.1.2_r8 (N2G47O)
      - fix a bug in Wifi scan
    [COLOR="Blue"]2017/05/7[/COLOR]
      - Slim7 Build 0.22, AOSP 7.1.2_r8 (N2G47O)
    [COLOR="Blue"]2017/03/11[/COLOR]
      - Slim7 Build 0.15, AOSP 7.1.1_r26 (NOF27C) beta
      - Fix the apply at boot in PerformanceControl.
    [COLOR="Blue"]2017/02/17[/COLOR]
      - Slim7 Build 0.12, AOSP 7.1.1_r21 (NOF26W) beta
    [COLOR="Blue"]2017/01/21[/COLOR]
      - Slim7 Build 0.8, AOSP 7.1.1_r9 (N6F26Q) alpha
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/11/19[/COLOR]
      - Slim6 Build 1.12, AOSP 6.0.1_r74 (MOB31K)
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/10/7[/COLOR]
      - Slim6 Build 1.6, AOSP 6.0.1_r66 (MOB31E)
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/9/17[/COLOR]
      - Slim6 Build 1.3, AOSP 6.0.1_r66 (MOB31E)
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/9/3[/COLOR]
      - Slim6 Build 1.1, AOSP 6.0.1_r61 (MOB30Z)
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/8/27[/COLOR]
      - Slim6 Build 1.0, AOSP 6.0.1_r61 (MOB30Z)
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/8/20[/COLOR]
      - Slim6 Alpha 0.10, AOSP 6.0.1_r61 (MOB30Z)
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/8/13[/COLOR]
      - Slim6 Alpha 0.9, AOSP 6.0.1_r61 (MOB30Z)
      - Performance Contorl: 2.1.6 with Drawer view UI
      - Performance Contorl: better support with the built-in root access
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/8/6[/COLOR]
      - Slim6 Alpha 0.8, AOSP 6.0.1_r61 (MOB30Z)
      - Revert the voltage values in the Kernel. Some device might not working...
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/7/31[/COLOR]
      - Slim6 Alpha 0.7, AOSP 6.0.1_r52 (MOB30R)
      - A new set of voltage values in the Kernel to reduce power consumption.
      - Personalisation of UI
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/7/25[/COLOR]
      - Slim6 Alpha 0.6, AOSP 6.0.1_r52 (MOB30R)
      - equipped with the DC-kerenel
      - All tweaks from my Omni6
    Know issues: :(
     1. Picture taken by built-in Camera limited to preview quality. (Can't connect to the buffer of Camera HAL blob)
     2. Please report

Screenshots: :cowboy:
    Screenshot_20160725-171639.png Screenshot_20160725-171948.png

Downloads: :highfive:
     Host: AFH Slim6 AFH Slim7 mirror: 百度网盘

Gapps: ** We have a 650M system partition but SlimRoms can accept nano or pico Gapps.
    All those with nano and pico Gapps are recommended. (eg. OpenGapps)

** latest TWRP is recommended.
    Slim6 has root access. You may also flash the latest systemless SuperSU(2.6x or above) from @Chainfire in recovery.

Source: :cool:
     kernel & device trees on Github

Credits: :good:
     ** The SlimRoms team.
     ** Dmitry Grinbeg for his work making our life easier.
     ** All those who donate and/or help the developers. Giving us the resources and reason to carry on.

Donations: :angel:

show.htm

Slim6 Build 1.6 Android 6.0.1_r66 (MOB31E) is out now. :)
    In this build, USB and Bluetooth tethering is enabled.

As N is getting stable now, I have tried the Slim7 build. There would one or two more updates for Slim6.
    After that I might continue the release of Slim7 in the same thread here. Cheers! ;)
    The latest Slim7 Build 0.15 Android-7.1.1_r26 (NOF27C) is out.
    The apply at boot feature in Performance Control is fixed. Settings are preserved after reboot now. Cheers! :D
    Slim6 Build 1.3 Android 6.0.1_r66 (MOB31E) is out now. ;)
    The latest Slim7 build-0.12 Android-7.1.1_r21 (NOF26W) is out. :D

The Launcher has the same behaviour as Carbon. The App drawer button is misplaced and can't be active. See if there will be a fix in the next build...