FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Custom ROMS recommendation

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By bogmaster98, Junior Member on 19th September 2016, 07:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So i have the official 5.1 android and for 2 years i haven't changed from the official builds so i'm not familiar with custom Roms on nexus 7. Because the 5.1 is soooooo slow and the battery is very poor i want to ask you guys what custom rom should i install on my device and also what can i do about my battery. I don't want the newest OS, i want stability and performance (not for gaming, just usual stuff), and with a good battery life that would be great.
P.S: if you know a good ROM please send me a link .
The Following User Says Thank You to bogmaster98 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bogmaster98 Ad-Free

19th September 2016, 08:44 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 637

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogmaster98

So i have the official 5.1 android and for 2 years i haven't changed from the official builds so i'm not familiar with custom Roms on nexus 7. Because the 5.1 is soooooo slow and the battery is very poor i want to ask you guys what custom rom should i install on my device and also what can i do about my battery. I don't want the newest OS, i want stability and performance (not for gaming, just usual stuff), and with a good battery life that would be great.
P.S: if you know a good ROM please send me a link .

My choice is Pure Nexus plus Parrot mod and fstrim. It has made my Nexus 7 into my daily driver again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to wtherrell For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wtherrell Ad-Free
19th September 2016, 10:05 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Can you give me link please?
20th September 2016, 11:08 AM |#4  
Flag Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 635

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogmaster98

Can you give me link please?

thread to pure nexus

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...ayers-t3243943

thread to parrot mod

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...c-fix-t3300416
20th September 2016, 11:50 AM |#5  
Flag England
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Pure Nexus had trouble viewing internal storage through some apps, so I ditched it.

CyanogenMod 11 + Nexus Security Fixes [2016-08-05] with Parrotmod is great, definitely bought my device back to life. It's KitKat but marginally faster than Marshmallow in Pure Nexus.
The Following User Says Thank You to Salty Wagyu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Salty Wagyu Ad-Free
24th September 2016, 05:35 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Yeah ParrotMod changed everything for this aging device and brought it back to life.
28th September 2016, 11:27 PM |#7  

More
before jumping on custom rom, if you havent done that yet OP, i would recommend to try one more thing, that worked for me.
i got LP tablet, and wanted improve speed and all that,so I rooted, installed TWRP, so I could install Franco kernel and Parrot mod.
i followed most of recommendations from Nexus7tuningGuide, that you can find on Xda, and now it works fantastic!!!!
comparing to recommended cm11 (that i use on different tablet) it beats hands down! (tests run on Antutu benchmark)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)