Post Reply Email Thread
14th February 2015, 03:23 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeetch79

Thought you would say that! .

This will preserve your app and data settings.
If you had custom recovery installed just reboot into fastboot and flash the recovery of your choice. example: fastboot flash recovery ,recovery image name>
If you want to reroot, download a superuser zip file to your device, reboot back into your custom recovery and then install the SuperUser zip of your choice (i.e. chainfire's SuperSu)

Hopefully this is straightforward and self explanatory

This is quite late but thank you very much! I tried the method you quoted and it almost worked perfectly. I was stuck in a boot loop so I flashed the previous bootloader and cleared cache partition and after that everything worked

19th February 2015, 02:27 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Another boot loop
I also got stuck in a boot loop. While I tried the previous posters solution, it didn't work. I ultimately solved it with

Code:
fastboot format cache
Apparently erase cache wasn't sufficient enough in my case.
9th March 2015, 10:51 PM |#23  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:

Yeah forgot to mention the above. if you are stuck in a boot loop: shut down. reboot to recovery. wipe cache and dalvic. Reboot. Profit.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Good tuto, but you forgot one step to flash cache, which will solve the pb stuckin bootloop
fastboot flash cache cache.img
12th March 2015, 03:04 AM |#24  
Flag Staatsburg
Thanks Meter: 42

More
will this process allow me to go from 5.0 to 5.1 on my nexus 7?

hoping to avoid a full wipe if possible.

Will I need to re-root and re-flash twrp?

thx!
17th April 2015, 01:05 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I was wondering that as well, if it worked from the 5.02 to 5.1...???
19th April 2015, 07:20 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Anyone has a link for stock recovery for nexus 7 so I can continue update to zLp
25th April 2015, 09:50 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
So sorry to extend the life of this thread, but I'm only just now getting around to thinking about updating to 5.1 from 5.0.2, and I was planning on using the method described by Skeetch79, but then I saw this:

Quote:

[...snip...]
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-grouper-4.23.img <hit enter>
fastboot reboot-bootloader <hit enter>
[...snip...]

It made me wonder: Since the bootloaders are the same between 5.0.2 and 5.1, do I really need to flash the bootloader and reboot-bootloader?

many thanks,
john
28th April 2015, 09:33 PM |#28  

More
Is this what your looking for?
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
28th April 2015, 09:52 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Britain__

Is this what your looking for?
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Thanks for your reply, but, really, I don't know how I could've made my question clearer: I was responding to the quoted text asking specifically if, among all of the steps described in the post I replied to, I really needed to re-flash the bootloader (and afterwards do the reboot-bootloader step) since that image is the same for both stock ROMs in question, 5.0.2 and 5.1.

No one else attempted to answer, so I'll use this as an opportunity to say that, no, one doesn't have to re-flash the bootloader. It's entirely superfluous. I did all of the steps outlined other than the bootloader related ones that I quoted, and I'm now up and running just fine on 5.1 on my 2012 N7. I also didn't lose my userdata, which was exactly what I was trying to accomplish.

john
2nd June 2015, 12:11 AM |#30  
NJ
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harnish

I also got stuck in a boot loop. While I tried the previous posters solution, it didn't work. I ultimately solved it with

Code:
fastboot format cache
Apparently erase cache wasn't sufficient enough in my case.

I followed the instructions but got stuck in bootloop. TWRP couldn't mount cache so I couldn't format it. I tried flashing cache.img from the factory file and that worked for me. I don't know why Skeetch didn't include "fastboot flash cache cache.img" in the instructions but it should be done if you are erasing cache
7th October 2015, 04:54 PM |#31  

More
Hi,

Does anyone know if this is valid for Android 6?

It has been working like a charm so far, so If it worked would be so great!

Thank You.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)