[Q&A] [ROM][4.4.4] [STABLE & WEEKLIES] Official SlimKat (grouper)

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [ROM][4.4.4] [STABLE & WEEKLIES] Official SlimKat (grouper)

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROM][4.4.4] [STABLE & WEEKLIES] Official SlimKat (grouper) . If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

Vesanius

Feb 24, 2015
St. Gallen
Encryption under SlimKat (4.4.4) not working

Hey guys.

I've freshly installed SlimKat on my Nexus 7 (2012), it works very well. But if I want to encrypt my device, the encryption android shows up (not moving at all) for about five to ten seconds. Then, the device shuts down without any warning and reboots to the lockscreen. How can i fix this?

Greetings, Vesanius

Vesanius

Feb 24, 2015
St. Gallen
Hello - me again :)

I finally figured out to solve the problem. The issue was provocated by Orbot runnning in the background. But now, I'm having another issue. I'd really like to create a backup with CWM-Recovery, but as the storage is now encrypted, it can't be mounted to write the backup. Is there a alternative to create a full backup as there is no SD-slot, maybe by using a windows-pc?

Greetings Vesanius

Vispen74

Feb 17, 2008
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 7T Pro
Hi!
Anyone got the C More play app or TV4 play working with Slimkat? I only get a message that I am using a rooted unit what ever i try to do hide root.

Last edited: