Is it possible to rescue my device? (Nexus 7 2012)

Search This thread

chrisl123

Dec 24, 2017
Hey everyone! I've been lurking for a bit, but first-time poster - hopefully this is in the right section!

I have a Nexus 7 (2012) that has no OS and hangs on the bootup splash screen. Unfortunately, the micro-USB port was broken at some point in its life, and the replacement port also doesn't work - when it's plugged in, Windows doesn't recognise it (device descriptor request failed).

So, is there any way for me to rescue this Nexus? I can't sideload any files onto it, and its storage is clean other than a factory image which can only be flashed with fastboot :crying:
I would appreciate it if anyone had any advice on this issue.

(The recovery on it is TWRP 3.0.2-0, if that helps.)

Thanks in advance, and happy holidays to everyone!

Hey everyone! I've been lurking for a bit, but first-time poster - hopefully this is in the right section! I have a Nexus 7 (2012) that has no OS and hangs on the bootup splash screen. Unfortunately, the micro-USB port was broken at some point in its life, and the replacement port also doesn't work - when it's plugged in, Windows doesn't recognise it (device descriptor request failed)...
I don't have this device but, your best bet is to post this question within the following thread.

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2051789

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT VIA PM UNLESS ASKED/REQUESTED BY MYSELF.
PLEASE KEEP IT IN THE THREADS WHERE EVERYONE CAN SHARE