FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[UNIVERSAL] ParrotMod - SPEED UP the 2012 Nexus 7! FULL FLASH STORAGE SPEED FIX!

831 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,214

By parrotgeek1, Senior Member on 24th January 2016, 06:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th January 2016, 03:08 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 8

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotgeek1

what? do you mean delete more preloaded google apps? If so, I'm maybe thinking about replacing Play Music with Eleven or Shuttle, and add motorola camera and gallery instead of google photos, and CM12.1 browser & also viper4android

yes real AOSP with nothing accept play service and play store so if i want play music, i download play music or else i can download power amp. i can cownload google camera or maybe just camera 360.
BTW the slow charging still not fix on my nexus. over night charging only from 18% until 80% (more than 10 hours)

thank you for your effort. i will try to do wipe (factory reset) maybe will comeout differently)
The Following User Says Thank You to Ice Zodiac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ice Zodiac Ad-Free

27th January 2016, 06:45 AM |#12  
Flag Düsseldorf
Thanks Meter: 7,812

More
Info 2 Added to INDEX
This mod has been added to this [INDEX] thread:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trafalgar Square For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Trafalgar Square Ad-Free
27th January 2016, 04:52 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Zodiac

BTW the slow charging still not fix on my nexus. over night charging only from 18% until 80% (more than 10 hours)

thank you for your effort. i will try to do wipe (factory reset) maybe will comeout differently)

i couldn't fix it either, it happens to me too
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parrotgeek1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift parrotgeek1 Ad-Free
28th January 2016, 07:35 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Quote:

Try to rapitly insert and erase the charger few times. That works for me.
28th January 2016, 08:42 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Just a question, it is a mod I can use with any rom ?
I am on Orion rom.

thanks.
28th January 2016, 11:38 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcovanbasten

Just a question, it is a mod I can use with any rom ?
I am on Orion rom.

thanks.

Yes, if you open the zip and delete the contents of /system/priv-app and /system/app. Also delete any thing in the updater script that has delete(...) or delete_recursive, and the line in the patch prop.sh that has lmy47v in it. Then rezip

if you use it on marshmallow it will bootloop unless you delete libstagefright_wfd and libMira4U. But then miracast won't work

If your rom has stagefright fixed delete libstagefright_EVERYTHING-BUT-wfd.so and libutils and libcutils

I'm going to make a universal version later, sorry

EDIT: you have to flash SuperSU even if your rom includes built in su
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to parrotgeek1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift parrotgeek1 Ad-Free
29th January 2016, 11:26 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Zodiac

yes real AOSP with nothing accept play service and play store so if i want play music, i download play music or else i can download power amp. i can cownload google camera or maybe just camera 360.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oajj

Try to rapitly insert and erase the charger few times. That works for me.

Sorry for OT. I know this issue and I know how to resolve it. It's a problem with the flat cable of the micro USB port. With a little tear down you can resolve the problem. Take off the back cover, screw the speakers and USB board, detach flat cable and put a piece of transparent tape above it in order to make more pressure on pins. Reassemble all the components and take a look if the problem still here
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AndrewFX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndrewFX Ad-Free
30th January 2016, 03:56 PM |#18  
Flag Scotland
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Interesting.

Cam I flash this over my already rooted device from or will I need to start from scratch again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
30th January 2016, 10:58 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayburnout

Interesting.

Cam I flash this over my already rooted device from or will I need to start from scratch again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You can flash it if you're on rooted stock lmy47v
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parrotgeek1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift parrotgeek1 Ad-Free
31st January 2016, 02:04 PM |#20  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 113

More
can i flash this on
this 5.1.1 rom?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2931064
Re: [ROM][F2FS/EXT4][AOSP][BSZAospLp v1.9.5][5.1.1_r30 LMY48Z][SuperSU|BusyBox][16/1/7]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
31st January 2016, 08:27 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeelraj

can i flash this on
this 5.1.1 rom?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2931064
Re: [ROM][F2FS/EXT4][AOSP][BSZAospLp v1.9.5][5.1.1_r30 LMY48Z][SuperSU|BusyBox][16/1/7]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yes! That's what I based the mod on! But follow my instructions to edit the zip from a few posts up
The Following User Says Thank You to parrotgeek1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift parrotgeek1 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
f2fs, lag, nexus 7, rom, speed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)