dbrand Nexus 9

Search This thread

ayoraider07

Mar 17, 2007
Just got the titanium back, fits great, and looks awesome.

20150516_203606.jpg

20150516_203451.jpg

Last edited:

TheEmpyre

Sep 23, 2012
Just stumbled upon this thread. Their stuff is way cool. Just got one for my nexus 6 to try it out. High chance I'm gonna coat all my electronics in this stuff.

theickleone

Apr 6, 2009
London
I have recently got my Nexus 9 skin but unfortunately I have a 1mm at the bottom of the skin, does anyone have the same?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1432211169895.jpg
    1432211169895.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 966
  • 1432211186905.jpg
    1432211186905.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 955
  • 1432211195828.jpg
    1432211195828.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 970
  • 1432211204785.jpg
    1432211204785.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 946

theickleone

Apr 6, 2009
London
The cutout for the camera and flash LED is very precise, so if it was misaligned it simply wouldn't fit.

The top edge is perfect, but agreed the nexus cutout is not centred as the cutouts do not meet the underlying logo.

The gap at the bottom of the device is constant as I have measured this. I am trying to get in touch with customer support with no luck so far.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

Dbrand customer services has finally got in touch with me, after sending them photos they admitted that the skin that was sent to me was a mis-cut. Another skin will be sent out to me with no charge, I will update again with photos when the new skin comes in.

Last edited:

Moomoomania

Sep 27, 2013
I opted in for the mahogany texture and to be honest, it was such a pain lining up the nexus logo as well as the camera and flash. If I had lined up the camera and flash, the nexus logo would be off centered completely so I had to choose. I of course chose to have the nexus logo more on-centered as I did not order the nexus logo decals to cover up my mistakes.

NOTE TO ANYONE ELSE WHO IS ABOUT TO GET A SKIN FROM DBRAND: probably best to get the Nexus logo (the $1.00) incase if your skin is slightly off-the-mark like mine. You'll thank me in advanced :)!

IMAG0299.jpg
IMAG0300.jpg

Reactions: armaki

Hendrycks

Oct 25, 2014
I opted in for the mahogany texture and to be honest, it was such a pain lining up the nexus logo as well as the camera and flash. If I had lined up the camera and flash, the nexus logo would be off centered completely so I had to choose. I of course chose to have the nexus logo more on-centered as I did not order the nexus logo decals to cover up my mistakes.

NOTE TO ANYONE ELSE WHO IS ABOUT TO GET A SKIN FROM DBRAND: probably best to get the Nexus logo (the $1.00) incase if your skin is slightly off-the-mark like mine. You'll thank me in advanced :)!

View attachment 3345314
View attachment 3345315

With the dbrand's I've done I've always had to stretch the skin quite a bit for a perfect fit. They say to heat it up once it's applied to smooth down the "sharp" edges but I actually would heat mine up to allow me to stretch it and it has worked perfectly on my S6 Edge and Nexus 9!

Moomoomania

Sep 27, 2013
With the dbrand's I've done I've always had to stretch the skin quite a bit for a perfect fit. They say to heat it up once it's applied to smooth down the "sharp" edges but I actually would heat mine up to allow me to stretch it and it has worked perfectly on my S6 Edge and Nexus 9!

GAHH I should have thought of this... I found my skin to be quite hard to stretch and with just one person holding it down (just me), it was quite difficult to do it altogether.

jhom52

Apr 5, 2011
Dallas, TX
Just applied the Black metal dbrand skin to the back of my N9. Looks great, feel great, and most importantly it hides the fingerprint magnet of the native N9 back. I have one on my N7 and it has lasted for two years without any problems. I don't care for a case around my tablets. The dbrand skin along with a good screen protector are great Nexus accessories.

GibsonSGJ

Jan 20, 2015
Decided to pick up a white carbon skin for my N9. Everything lined up nicely. The skin is textured so that you can feel the carbon fiber weave. It plays nice with the magic cover and sleeve I use as well. It's a much more vivid white than the lunar white stock color, and doesn't attract finger prints or oiled at all. Overall I'm very happy with it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well they are making it! :D

Emailed dbrand and thay said it will be available in early November soon. Just to give something to consider before getting a case lol, cuz I'm definitely getting dbrand skins instead of cases for the back :good:
    Does anyone know if dbrand decided not to release a Nexus 9 skin?

I've contacted them multiple times for an update and received no answer at all. I am about to go with a different company. I love dbrand and usually have no issues getting a response from customer service, but in this case, I admit I am getting a little annoyed at complete refusal to update or answer the question.

Looks like there are going ahead with the skins! Should be releases Friday according to Dbrands Facebook page.

A little late but at least something :)

IMAG0299.jpg
    IMAG0300.jpg
    dbrand doesn't make nex9 CF skin? if not, i wish they did!

They do...
    Do you have pictures yet?

Oh yes, forgot to post it here.

http://imgur.com/a/8Nepz

This album contains images of the N9 bamboo skin & the concrete skin for my N6P.

I have also ordered the marble, mahogany & carbon fiber skins for my 6P & N9, should get delivered by 2/3 weeks.