FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FIX] build.prop variety fix (aka contact manufacturer problem)

331 posts
Thanks Meter: 482

By gladiac, Senior Member on 12th June 2015, 07:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everybody,

this is a fix for the rather common build.prop variety problem on nexus 9 (and maybe others). This is the error-message that users often see after boot:

Android System
There's an internal problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details.

The problem occurs because of a check that google implemented in Android 5.1 which compares /system/build.prop with the values found in /vendor/build.prop. If they differ you get that error message. All one has to do to get rid of the error is to change the 3 values in /vendor/build.prop according to the values in /system/build.prop.

Doing this manually after every flash is cumbersome so I created an update-zip that corrects the values in /vendor/build.prop in a generic way (it should work no matter what rom you use). It mounts /system and /vendor, extracts the relevant information from /system/build.prop and creates a new /vendor/build.prop. I successfully tested it on my nexus 9 so I decided to release it to all of you.

Just install it via your recovery and you are done! This has to be done every time you flash a new rom.

Tell me if it worked for you!

cheers, chris
Attached Files
File Type: zip vendor-build-prop-fix-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.9 KB, 31514 views)
The Following 79 Users Say Thank You to gladiac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gladiac Ad-Free

12th June 2015, 01:03 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Works for me. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
14th June 2015, 08:54 PM |#3  
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 280

More
Works on http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3129778
15th June 2015, 04:30 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Welp, I flashed this while flashing the AICP rom and GAPPS and now touch is completely broken on my device. No touch commands work, not even in recovery mode. So I flashed to stock + unrooted with the Nexus Toolkit and still no touch. I have no idea what to do next...lol.
15th June 2015, 08:15 AM |#5  
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 280

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfujay

Welp, I flashed this while flashing the AICP rom and GAPPS and now touch is completely broken on my device. No touch commands work, not even in recovery mode. So I flashed to stock + unrooted with the Nexus Toolkit and still no touch. I have no idea what to do next...lol.

Have you flashed the stock vendor.img with fastboot?
The Following User Says Thank You to fleischbanane For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fleischbanane Ad-Free
15th June 2015, 11:47 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vienna

More
Quote:

Hey wfyjay,

sorry to hear about your nexus. Well, my fix only creates a property-file which stores version-information in /vendor and should have nothing to do with your touchscreen problem. However, as fleischbanane said, have you tried flashing the vendor image which is included in Google's factory image?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gladiac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gladiac Ad-Free
15th June 2015, 12:41 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleischbanane

Have you flashed the stock vendor.img with fastboot?

No but any idea where to find this?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
15th June 2015, 01:58 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vienna

More
Quote:

No but any idea where to find this?

Factory images are located here: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
The Following User Says Thank You to gladiac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gladiac Ad-Free
15th June 2015, 02:03 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiac

Factory images are located here: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Yes this is what I did with the Nexus Toolkit when I stated I "flashed to stock + unrooted". I flashed the latest LMY47X build and still no touch commands work.

15th June 2015, 02:23 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vienna

More
Quote:

Yes this is what I did with the Nexus Toolkit when I stated I "flashed to stock + unrooted". I flashed the latest LMY47X build and still no touch commands work.

Well, that's odd. If you flashed back to stock then the vendor-partition (as well as all the other important partitions) must be in their original state. I'm afraid your touchscreen problem is unrelated to my fix. You could post a logcat (adb logcat) on the forum and someone might be able to figure something out or relock the bootloader and send your nexus in for warranty. I'm not sure if I can help you any further.
16th June 2015, 02:04 AM |#11  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 0

More
What is the command I enter to flash this file?

fastboot flash <????> vendor-build-prop-fix.signed.zip
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)