FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v2.1.4 [Updated 01/16/16]: Nexus 9 Thread

2,199 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,928

By WugFresh, Recognized Developer on 19th November 2014, 02:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following 47 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]

19th November 2014, 02:30 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Video Root with NRT (Video by Rootjunky)

More videos here: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th November 2014, 02:42 AM |#3  
Flag Beach Haven
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Ah,.. So nice to see this. Thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to scram99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scram99 Ad-Free
19th November 2014, 05:21 AM |#4  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 293

Donate to Me
More
Cool
btw twrp is out.
19th November 2014, 10:08 AM |#5  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvar1

Cool
btw twrp is out.

Yes, it will auto update on first run and it will know twrp is out. Full root support. And everything.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th November 2014, 12:09 PM |#6  
Flag Richmond, VA
Thanks Meter: 623

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WugFresh

Yes, it will auto update on first run and it will know twrp is out. Full root support. And everything.

I usually flash my recovery the old fashioned way lvia fastboot like I did yesterday with the first version of TWRP but I decided to flash the newer version of TRWP with the Tooolkit. I was unencrypted prior to using the Toolkit and when it did the modified boot.img my device rebooted and encrypted itself. I assume I can just restore my backup from yesterday to go back to unencrypted.
19th November 2014, 12:54 PM |#7  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrage23

I usually flash my recovery the old fashioned way lvia fastboot like I did yesterday with the first version of TWRP but I decided to flash the newer version of TRWP with the Tooolkit. I was unencrypted prior to using the Toolkit and when it did the modified boot.img my device rebooted and encrypted itself. I assume I can just restore my backup from yesterday to go back to unencrypted.

This makes no sense. Yes to your question. But how did you come to that conclusion? Can you add me on Google hangouts chat.

19th November 2014, 01:45 PM |#8  
Flag Richmond, VA
Thanks Meter: 623

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WugFresh

This makes no sense. Yes to your question. But how did you come to that conclusion? Can you add me on Google hangouts chat.

Started a hangouts chat
19th November 2014, 06:19 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Tnx for this tool.

I did something wrong(fix permission) in twrp and i got boot-looped.
then i thought it would be smart o delete everything on the device...(not my brightest moment)

used the tool to flash stock + unroot.
Worked fine but:
When finishing it couldn't connect to the network when it was setting up.
I resolved this by rebooting.
Then when i put my backup back from Google play the navigation bar was missing and the notification tray was missing too.
I resolved that by doing a factory reset.

tnx again.
19th November 2014, 06:40 PM |#10  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berendspruijt

Tnx for this tool.

I did something wrong(fix permission) in twrp and i got boot-looped.
then i thought it would be smart o delete everything on the device...(not my brightest moment)

used the tool to flash stock + unroot.
Worked fine but:
When finishing it couldn't connect to the network when it was setting up.
I resolved this by rebooting.
Then when i put my backup back from Google play the navigation bar was missing and the notification tray was missing too.
I resolved that by doing a factory reset.

tnx again.

Thats a lot of rando weirdness, you may want to flash stock again. Glad to hear its helped you.

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following User Says Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th November 2014, 06:41 PM |#11  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrage23

Started a hangouts chat

Determined to be kernel related. I am looking into whats involved with unencrypted N9 devices now though, and will see what I find out.

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following User Says Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)