FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Nexus 9 Android N Preview

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By adch, Junior Member on 10th March 2016, 02:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
It seems the n9 is eligible. Anyone has tried or thinking of trying? I might try
The Following User Says Thank You to adch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adch Ad-Free

10th March 2016, 03:02 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,575

Donate to Me
More
Flashing it right now. Just going to miss root, so u can drop my DPI and restore some apps.

Edit: sweet!! Though you can't fine tune the size, it now has default a way to change screen size/DPI. Now I'm only needing root to restore some apps and data.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dictionary For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dictionary Ad-Free
10th March 2016, 03:36 AM |#3  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
Thanks Meter: 4,164

Donate to Me
More
Works pretty well for me so far, except for the fact that kernel support for libusb is gone, which stops my Headunit app from working over USB.

No root yet.

Recovery is replaced with stock recovery after a reboot.

There is more discussion in popular phone threads, like the one for Nexus 6p.
10th March 2016, 04:01 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary

Flashing it right now. Just going to miss root, so u can drop my DPI and restore some apps.

Edit: sweet!! Though you can't fine tune the size, it now has default a way to change screen size/DPI. Now I'm only needing root to restore some apps and data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereidis

Works pretty well for me so far, except for the fact that kernel support for libusb is gone, which stops my Headunit app from working over USB.

No root yet.

Do we have to be on stock to receive the notification?
10th March 2016, 04:26 AM |#5  
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I opted in for the Android N program. Received the OTA and installed but the install FAILED. Now I can't boot and can't install an image because my bootloader is locked. Am I screwed?

EDIT: It's stuck on the "Google" screen
10th March 2016, 04:46 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greiland

I opted in for the Android N program. Received the OTA and installed but the install FAILED. Now I can't boot and can't install an image because my bootloader is locked. Am I screwed?

EDIT: It's stuck on the "Google" screen

Same thing happened to me. The ota failed about 1/4 of the way through. Luckily my bootloader was unlocked. After reinstalling the system image and booting up it failed a second time when installing the ota. I think the ota has some definite issues.

Try the Nexus Root Toolkit to return to stock.
10th March 2016, 04:53 AM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag u:r:usbhost:s0
Thanks Meter: 6,784

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereidis

No root yet.

Well I don't think the kernel if it had libusb stopped supporting it.
Because this is pretty much what changed in it https://github.com/USBhost/FIRE-ICE/...b43956d78004c9
the defconfig. I ripped the defconfig from the kernel image, and I applied the needed changes to my defconfig.
edit:
if you want the N defconfig here you go https://github.com/USBhost/FIRE-ICE/...91d3e60c9ccc7e
The Following User Says Thank You to USBhost For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift USBhost Ad-Free
10th March 2016, 05:01 AM |#8  

More
I also went the OTA route and then got stuck in a Google logo boot loop. Boot loader is locked so I am trying a factory reset. Factory reset just finished as I'm typing this. It took about 40 minutes!!!! Once again seems to be stuck on the Google logo.

Edit--
Was able to get into fastboot and install factory image! Used the Nexus Toolkit to unlock the bootloader and so far things seem to be going smoothly.
10th March 2016, 05:56 AM |#9  

More
I got the OTA and it installed fine 2 bugs I have found are if you're watching YouTube and put it in split screen with hangouts and tap the hangouts screen the video will go black until you tap on the YouTube side and the other bug is that the device decided to randomly put itself in airplane mode but over all I am liking it

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
10th March 2016, 06:03 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
OTA fails for me with message stating "Android Beta Program Verification failed..." after the download. I've registered for the BETA program as normal and got the OTA notification. Same install method worked fine on my 6P. As stated above, looks like the OTA for the 9 has some issues...
10th March 2016, 06:58 AM |#11  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
Thanks Meter: 4,164

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by USBhost

Well I don't think the kernel if it had libusb stopped supporting it.
Because this is pretty much what changed in it https://github.com/USBhost/FIRE-ICE/...b43956d78004c9
the defconfig. I ripped the defconfig from the kernel image, and I applied the needed changes to my defconfig.
edit:
if you want the N defconfig here you go https://github.com/USBhost/FIRE-ICE/...91d3e60c9ccc7e

Has somebody released N kernel source ?

I don't think there is any /dev/bus/ directory, never mind /dev/bus/usb/... but I'd feel more positive about that if I had root to verify.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)