10th March 2016, 06:58 AM |#11  
Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
Thanks Meter: 4,123

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by USBhost

Well I don't think the kernel if it had libusb stopped supporting it.
Because this is pretty much what changed in it https://github.com/USBhost/FIRE-ICE/...b43956d78004c9
the defconfig. I ripped the defconfig from the kernel image, and I applied the needed changes to my defconfig.
edit:
if you want the N defconfig here you go https://github.com/USBhost/FIRE-ICE/...91d3e60c9ccc7e

Has somebody released N kernel source ?

I don't think there is any /dev/bus/ directory, never mind /dev/bus/usb/... but I'd feel more positive about that if I had root to verify.

10th March 2016, 07:02 AM |#12  
Recognized Contributor
Flag u:r:usbhost:s0
Thanks Meter: 5,632

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereidis

Has somebody released N kernel source ?

I don't think there is any /dev/bus/ directory, never mind /dev/bus/usb/... but I'd feel more positive about that if I had root to verify.

well Google did release the source for it but... they goofed on it
Check it out https://github.com/USBhost/FIRE-ICE/...10-n-preview-1

BTW my kernel works on the N preview
The Following User Says Thank You to USBhost For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift USBhost Ad-Free
10th March 2016, 07:08 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Couldn't flash mine, always have "missing system.img" and "unable to allocate -xxxxx bytes"... Didn't have much time, I will try again later. Do I need to come from clean stock to flash it ?
10th March 2016, 07:34 AM |#14  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 49

More
I registered my Nexus 9 for the beta and got the OTA. But it failed with an ERROR (android on it's back with a !). It then rebooted and gets stuck at the Google logo for hours. My Nexus 9 was completely stock on 6.0.1. I downloaded the factory image, but I cannot unlock the device to flash it. All guides seem to say I need to enable Developer Options and enable USB Debugging, but since I can't boot into Android, I can't go that far. Am I screwed?
10th March 2016, 07:36 AM |#15  
Recognized Contributor
Flag u:r:usbhost:s0
Thanks Meter: 5,632

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naddie

I registered my Nexus 9 for the beta and got the OTA. But it failed with an ERROR (android on it's back with a !). It then rebooted and gets stuck at the Google logo for hours. My Nexus 9 was completely stock on 6.0.1. I downloaded the factory image, but I cannot unlock the device to flash it. All guides seem to say I need to enable Developer Options and enable USB Debugging, but since I can't boot into Android, I can't go that far. Am I screwed?

sorry to tell you but yep!
you can try talking to Google to see if they can fix it.
10th March 2016, 08:06 AM |#16  
Flag Chicago

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by USBhost

sorry to tell you but yep!
you can try talking to Google to see if they can fix it.

So being straight laced and not rooting actually bricked my tablet? What the hell....

I'm a bit surprised there's no way to flash a factory image when the bootloader is locked. If security is a concern why not sign the factory image? Make it something we can sideload like an OTA update.
10th March 2016, 08:44 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I am in the same boat!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by naddie

So being straight laced and not rooting actually bricked my tablet? What the hell....

I am in the same situation. I figured that the software would be buggy but not actually brick my tablet. If anyone knows of a solution, I hope they post it here!! I would advise against installing this onto a Nexus 9 if anyone reading this is considering this firmware!!!
10th March 2016, 09:20 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 1,352

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by better33

Couldn't flash mine, always have "missing system.img" and "unable to allocate -xxxxx bytes"... Didn't have much time, I will try again later. Do I need to come from clean stock to flash it ?

No, just wipe everything except internal. You have to extract the last image.sksmsksjssksm whatever zip. Then just fastboot flash each file individually.
10th March 2016, 09:33 AM |#19  
Will I be able to recover if the Android N preview fails on my Nexus 9 by unlocking the bootloader and enabling USB debugging beforehand then install Android N preview?
10th March 2016, 09:44 AM |#20  
Flag Chicago

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalinskym

Will I be able to recover if the Android N preview fails on my Nexus 9 by unlocking the bootloader and enabling USB debugging beforehand then install Android N preview?

In short, yes. You're basically leaving yourself a backdoor to flash a factory image should the Android N preview OTA takes a dump on you.

As my professor said to us in the laboratory: Do as I say, not as I do.

To be fair, I was hoping to do a no-wipe upgrade so I could experience Android N with all my stuff intact. I knew it was beta, but come on!
10th March 2016, 09:46 AM |#21  
I'm definitely doing that. Should be getting my Nexus 9 either today or tomorrow by Amazon. I bought it just for Android N. Have you contacted HTC yet?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)