Nexus 9 wifi issue

Search This thread

onikett

Jul 31, 2018
Hello, My Nexus 9 suddenly had problem in wifi and bluetooth. When enabling wifi it says "wifi turning on". The mac address shows 02:00:.00:00:00 and ip address shows unavailable Apparently it's a common problem as I've seen after googling and surfing forums for a few hours.
Now after putting in around 12 hours following the suggestions in different threads i.e. factory reset, wiping cache partition, unlocking bootloader, rooting the device, installing custom ROM(lineage OS) etc nothing worked.
I took it to repair shops and they said it's a hardware issue. The IC that controls wifi and bluetooth is defective. They need a new IC. But this IC is not available at all where I live, this being an old device.

Now are they talking about this IC: www dot ifixit dot com/Store/Parts/Nexus-9-Wi-Fi-Antenna/IF286-006-1 (I cannot post the actual link, being a new user)
The title says "Nexus 9 Wi-Fi Antenna". But as I said I have both wifi and bluetooth issue which is controlled by same IC (according to the repair shop)
Thank you.