FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Video Review Win A Trip

[ROM][6.0.1]★ Pure Nexus ★[2/2/16]

1,802 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,862

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from dhacker29: Join Our Google Plus Community - https://plus.google.com/communities/103055954354785266764
PureNexus

The Pure Nexus Project

Disclaimer

We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

"This is a user friendly thread. All feature requests will be heard and considered. I am not against anything that doesn't stray too far away from the original idea of the ROM! Helping one another is also encouraged! Please be respectful and you will always be treated the same way, we are all here for a good experience."

About

The Pure Nexus Project aims to bring stability and features to your Nexus device, while keeping Google's vision in line and not straying too far away from that. If you are looking for a stable ROM with true tested features and minimal bugs, then this is the place to be.

Screenshot

Features

Code:
-General
*Based on AOSP Android 6.0.1_r13
*Working remote mic for Google Search
*Allow volume change from within Android
*Advanced Reboot menu enabled by default
*Additional information added to the About menu in Settings
*Overscan adjustment option added to Settings
*Added AOSP Browser with customizations (Credit CyanogenMod Project)
*Added AppDrawer to allow viewing sideloaded non-LeanBack apps
*Fixed force close when uninstalling apps from Settings
*Added native kernel support for EXFAT and NTFS OTG auto mount
*Added ADB over network to developer options
*Added option to Settings to reset the default launcher
*Forced animations to .5x as google's code is broken in Developer Options
*Pre-rooted with SuperSU 2.52
*SELinux Enforcing
*Busybox
*Init.d support
*Addon.d support
*Google sounds from factory image not the horrible AOSP ones
*Show apps being optimized during initial boot
*Bug fix's and stability improvements
*Removed googles bug report option
*Removed googles SystemUpdate option
*Removed googles legal information

-PureNexus Customizer
*Custom LeanBack UI Wallpaper
*Adjusted default layout of installed apps to move most used apps (Netflix, Hulu, etc) to the beginning of the My Apps row
*Custom PureNexus Apps row with one click access to install Kodi
*Added cLock as the default widget for time and weather on the LeanBack Launcher
*Added cLock preferences to the My Settings row
*Modified cLock layout to look better for AndroidTV
*Fixed cLock getting cut off when images were too big *for real this time* :D
Change Log

Google Doc's Changelog

Quote:

Detailed flashing instructions from post 31

Unlock your bootloader using fastboot. (fastboot oem unlock)
Flash PureNexus recovery. (fastboot flash recovery "purenexus_fugu_recovery-112515.img")
Reboot Bootloader (fastboot reboot bootloader)
Once in bootloader short press bottom button once until you see recovery option then long press the bottom button.
Once in recovery short press until you get to ADB then long press to get to the ADB sideload screen.
Sideload Rom (adb sideload pure_nexus_fugu-6.0.1-2016-xxxx.zip) where xxxx is the date of the rom you are flashing
Sideload Gapps (adb sideload purenexus-gapps-mm-x86-leanback-20151202-signed.zip)
Short press until you get to Wipe data/factory Reset then long press (Clears data & cache)
Select reboot now
Once booted setup everything including Kodi
Then go back to recovery and sideload Kodi Mapping zip file. (adb sideload NexusPlayer-kodi-keymap-streaming-fix-signed.zip)

PureNexus Recovery: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087004103

Reboot into recovery and:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery purenexus_fugu_recovery-112515.img

Rom Builds: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=44941

Highly Suggested Gapps - PureNexus Gapps 2-2-16: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24399994186367742

Kodi keymap and streaming optimizations: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087005468

After you have installed and setup Kodi you can flash this zip in recovery by:
Code:
adb sideload NexusPlayer-kodi-keymap-streaming-fix-signed.zip
This enables the pause/play button to be used to access the contextual menus in kodi, and also optimizes the download buffers for the 1GB of RAM in the Nexus Player to minimize buffering.

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][6.0]★ Pure Nexus ★[12/22/15], ROM for the Asus Nexus Player, ROM for the Nexus Player

Contributors
dhacker29, BeansTown106
Source Code: https://github.com/PureNexus

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader, Custom recovery
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: pure_nexus_fugu-6.0.1
Stable Release Date: 2016-02-02

Created 2015-11-30
Last Updated 2016-01-05
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2015-11-26-214628.jpg
Views:	14480
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	3559842   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2015-11-26-214641.png
Views:	14800
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	3559843   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2015-12-03-002602.jpg
Views:	18370
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	3563401   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2015-12-05-040005.jpg
Views:	16388
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	3565617   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2015-12-05-040132.jpg
Views:	13960
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	3565618   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2015-12-06-101955.png
Views:	15414
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	3567014   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2015-12-08-012127.png
Views:	14544
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	3568756   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2015-12-08-035441.jpg
Views:	78092
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	3568820  
The Following 63 Users Say Thank You to dhacker29 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dhacker29 Ad-Free

30th November 2015, 05:28 AM |#2  
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag BeanTown USA
Thanks Meter: 54,814

Donate to Me
More
Mine

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to BeansTown106 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2015, 08:09 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
This is Awesome!
I am currently running Pure Nexus on my Nexus 6! Pure Nexus is my first ever custom rom flash and I have felt no need to try any others as it does everything I want / need! (My Nexus 6 is my first Android device, coming from many years of IOS. Haven't looked back since!)
I now own a Nexus 7 and a Nexus Player. I was about to flash Pure Nexus to my Nexus 7, and I thought I would check to see if maybe, just maybe it was available for the Nexus Player as well. Sure as Hell! It is! WOOT!

I will be flashing here in a bit and I will update later with what I think! You guys rock!

EDIT: Do I have to use PureNexus Recovery or is TWRP okay?
30th November 2015, 04:05 PM |#4  
Flag Napoli
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Do I have to use PureNexus Recovery or is TWRP okay ?

I'm a keyboard/mouse combo user...
does the leanback launcher has the mouse support ?
(there's a modded launcher that has)

Actually I'm using Stock Marshmallow ROM (with root) removing Leanback Launcher and using Nova Launcher
then I installed a Modded Leanback Launcher with Mouse Support.
I have a Logitech K400 keyboard+trackpad so using leanback launcher with arrow keys is not so funny...
I prefer to use mostly Standard Android Launcher but I want to have the opportunity to use leanback launcher.

I see the app drawer on leanback launcher
is it a mod to the launcher or an android setting ?
What If I use my leanback launcher with mouse support ?

What do you suggest ?
30th November 2015, 08:41 PM |#5  
Flag 214
Thanks Meter: 261

More
Has anyone tried this?
30th November 2015, 09:16 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by treezy26

Has anyone tried this?

I am running it right now. It is working great for me so far and I haven't run into any issues.

I used TWRP to flash it. I did a full wipe in TWRP, placed the ROM and Gapps Zip's in the TWRP folder via micro USB cable hooked to my computer, then installed. So you do not have to use the Pure Nexus Recovery if you don't want to. I used TWRP because that is what I have on my Nexus 6 and Nexus 7.
(I run Pure Nexus on my 6 and 7 as well)

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTeknology

Do I have to use PureNexus Recovery or is TWRP okay ?

I'm a keyboard/mouse combo user...
does the leanback launcher has the mouse support ?
(there's a modded launcher that has)

Actually I'm using Stock Marshmallow ROM (with root) removing Leanback Launcher and using Nova Launcher
then I installed a Modded Leanback Launcher with Mouse Support.
I have a Logitech K400 keyboard+trackpad so using leanback launcher with arrow keys is not so funny...
I prefer to use mostly Standard Android Launcher but I want to have the opportunity to use leanback launcher.

I see the app drawer on leanback launcher
is it a mod to the launcher or an android setting ?
What If I use my leanback launcher with mouse support ?

What do you suggest ?

I am running Pure Nexus on my Nexus Player now. I also use the Logitech K400, and it is working just like on stock. You have to use arrow keys when in the home menu. Tapping the trackpad and clicking the left and right click does nothing.
However, you do get full functionality in the app drawer! Taps and clicks both work in the App Drawer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rektifying For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rektifying Ad-Free
30th November 2015, 09:41 PM |#7  
Flag 214
Thanks Meter: 261

More
[QUOTE=Rektifying;64084912]I am running it right now. It is working great for me so far and I haven't run into any issues.

I used TWRP to flash it. I did a full wipe in TWRP, placed the ROM and Gapps Zip's in the TWRP folder via micro USB cable hooked to my computer, then installed. So you do not have to use the Pure Nexus Recovery if you don't want to. I used TWRP because that is what I have on my Nexus 6 and Nexus 7.
(I run Pure Nexus on my 6 and 7 as well)[COLOR="Silver"]

So does this have the option to run full android or is it just the leanback version?
1st December 2015, 05:09 AM |#8  

More
[QUOTE=treezy26;64085341]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rektifying

I am running it right now. It is working great for me so far and I haven't run into any issues.

(I run Pure Nexus on my 6 and 7 as well)[COLOR="Silver"]

So does this have the option to run full android or is it just the leanback version?

Consider it the leanback version with an app drawer. I like it more than stock, I know that.
1st December 2015, 06:08 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
This sounds awesome. I'll be installing this next chance I get.
1st December 2015, 07:55 AM |#10  
Flag Around the bend
Thanks Meter: 10

More
@BeansTown106 and @dhacker29 Thank you very much for sharing your work with us. I love PureNexus on my Nexus 6, my Nexus 9, and now I get to enjoy this wonderful rom on my NexusPlayer! Thank you for NexusPlayer support! Once I get paid this Friday I will make sure to donate to you guys. Once again, thank you!

Oh yeah, so far, works GREAT on my NP, had it running and installing apps the past 2 hours or so, seems much faster while navigating the system menus and what not.... very nice!

Cheers,
DFL
1st December 2015, 08:26 AM |#11  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Millsboro, DE
Thanks Meter: 3,862

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rektifying

This is Awesome!
I am currently running Pure Nexus on my Nexus 6! Pure Nexus is my first ever custom rom flash and I have felt no need to try any others as it does everything I want / need! (My Nexus 6 is my first Android device, coming from many years of IOS. Haven't looked back since!)
I now own a Nexus 7 and a Nexus Player. I was about to flash Pure Nexus to my Nexus 7, and I thought I would check to see if maybe, just maybe it was available for the Nexus Player as well. Sure as Hell! It is! WOOT!

I will be flashing here in a bit and I will update later with what I think! You guys rock!

EDIT: Do I have to use PureNexus Recovery or is TWRP okay?

No as long as you have a mouse you can use TWRP.
The Following User Says Thank You to dhacker29 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dhacker29 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)