Sony TV Apps: Amazon Instant Video, Netfilix, VUDU and more

Search This thread

kawshik201

Sep 22, 2015
Dhaka
Does anyone have the UK version of the Amazaon video app? The version from apkmirror works, but doesn't recognise my UK prime subscription
I asked a UK Sony owner for AIV UK apk but he said Sony still didn't update the UK Amazon app

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

just side loading it directly? Did they remove the platform check that prevented it from being used before?
Amazon redesigned the app for Sony Android TV, maybe they forgot to add the Platform Check when they made the update.

tdw197

May 17, 2008
I asked a UK Sony owner for AIV UK apk but he said Sony still didn't update the UK Amazon app

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Amazon redesigned the app for Sony Android TV, maybe they forgot to add the Platform Check when they made the update.
Ah shame, hopefully they will update it soon. The new app looks fantastic and on the free tv shows I was getting 1080p too

Reactions: XxMP25xX

corporal_hades

Apr 1, 2012
Nvidia shield user here, been using this Amazon video app ever since Prime day and today I loaded up the app, went to play something and I hear the audio just fine but there is a red X on the screen. I uninstalled and reinstalled and same thing. I think Amazon killed this app sadly.

corporal_hades

Apr 1, 2012
Really¿ What the heck is going on with mine then? Loads up and looks just like usual, search to find something to watch, select to play...red X but working audio. Really strange!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

McChen147

Nov 30, 2012
Not sure, maybe try deregistering it from your Amazon account and reinstall and reregister the app?

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

corporal_hades

Apr 1, 2012
I'll try that tomorrow, didn't think about that. Crossing fingers that might do the trick.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

IthsSunnyB

Oct 7, 2010
Been having this issue with the stock netflix app everything loads fine, menu, movie selection, and the moment I go to play a movie it goes 99% then errors out saying "unable to play selected media at this time" that's for all videos or it gets stuck at 25 and never goes past that. I'm on a nexus player anybody have this issue or can help. I've clear cache and data same thing.

wileywos76

Jun 13, 2015
Been having this issue with the stock netflix app everything loads fine, menu, movie selection, and the moment I go to play a movie it goes 99% then errors out saying "unable to play selected media at this time" that's for all videos or it gets stuck at 25 and never goes past that. I'm on a nexus player anybody have this issue or can help. I've clear cache and data same thing.
I've been having issues with the Netflix app on my Shield TV. It's the same issue except it'll also crash in the background.

marisatomei

Nov 27, 2009
PS Now apk??

Hello guys,

Does anyone have the ps now apk from Sony's Android TV installed in any other device? Do you have the apk to sideload to Shield? I would like to try it. Also I would like to know if you have tested the PS Vue app in Android TV.

Thank you!!!

Top Liked Posts