Can I force an app to install as ARM instead of x86?

Search This thread

Mogster2K

Jun 25, 2011
Moto G 5G
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have a game, Chain Chronicle, that runs correctly when installed as ARM (on my phone and Andyroid) but is broken when installed as x86 (on the Nexus Player and Genymotion). It seems to be caused by broken/missing libraries. Is there a way to force it to install as ARM? I realize it will run slower, but that's better than not running at all.

AmznUser444 Dev

I have a game, Chain Chronicle, that runs correctly when installed as ARM (on my phone and Andyroid) but is broken when installed as x86 (on the Nexus Player and Genymotion). It seems to be caused by broken/missing libraries. Is there a way to force it to install as ARM? I realize it will run slower, but that's better than not running at all.

Can you download the APK from APKMirror. Can select the architecture to x86, x86-64, or universal.
Nexus Player uses an Intel Atom Z3560 x86 processor. That cannot install ARM APKs on x86 platform, you can install x86 APKs instead.

Last edited:

fddm

Feb 24, 2011
I agree, using apkmirror or dumping the APK from your phone is the way to do this. Just disable auto-updates or resign it with a debug key.