FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Lost Casting function after upgrade to Android 6.0

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Jovadolla2, Junior Member on 15th October 2015, 04:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I can't cast from Ipad, android phone or google chrome anymore. Device is not showing up as a casting device anymore.
Anyone else with this issue?

15th October 2015, 04:37 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
The same for me. The Chromecast is still working, but the NP is not. I've also did a factory reset but the result is the same! The Nexus Player is not found in the device list in any of my devices.
15th October 2015, 06:00 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I can only repeat what was said before me. Cast shows 'no devices available'. Also tried a factory reset since that is mentioned for earlier versions of android. But that did not work for me also.
15th October 2015, 07:18 PM |#4  
Miami
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Both of mine updated to 6.0. I was able to cast yesterday evening.. There was an update to the cast app about 2 or 3 days ago. Is your app up to date?
15th October 2015, 07:45 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Only the Google Play Music sees the Nexus Player, but an atemp to connect to it fails. I've tried reinstalling the Google Cast Receiver, but there is no change.
The Following User Says Thank You to ungureanub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ungureanub Ad-Free
15th October 2015, 09:37 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The same for me. The Chromecast is still working, but the NP is not. I've did a factory reset but it did not help. Only the Google Play Music sees the Nexus Player, but the connection fails.
The Following User Says Thank You to EldarH For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EldarH Ad-Free
15th October 2015, 10:13 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Same problem for me
15th October 2015, 11:40 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
The latest google cast receiver app update broke casting for me on 6.0 and 5.1.1... the only app i had which found the nexus player was hulu. YouTube, netflix, bein sports were not finding the nexus player. Try uninstalling the update
16th October 2015, 01:33 AM |#9  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Anyone have casting working since the 6.0 update? If so, what version of the Google Cast Receiver do you have?
16th October 2015, 03:31 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
No casting for me since yesterday. I'll check to see if I am on 6 later.
16th October 2015, 04:26 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Casting from ios without a problem. make sure you guys have the updated casting app in the playstore.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)