usb to ethernet plug?

Search This thread

elw4chi

May 31, 2019
Ugreen USB-rj45 3.0

someone checked the operation of Ugreen USB-rj45 3.0?
I would like to try it on my nexus player

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks, i think i have a spare otg cable laying around somewhere. my only question is does the micro usb on the player get used for power or for plugging in peripheral devices such as the ethernet adapter?

I don't have any inside information, but as far as I can see, it is powered through the micro USB. (Just like ChromeCast).

That is why you would need a cable like the one I linked to. Notice that it has a separate micro USB female for Power only.

Note also that there is another post in this forum "What Nexus Player won't Do", and Ethernet is not mentioned as removed in that list, so that may give some hope that it is in there.

The settings menus would also have to know how to allow you to configure the new network interface.

ChromeCast (stock ROM) does not support USB Ethernet, but of course the ChromeCast is a much simpler, no-UI device.

We will just have to wait until they are in peoples hands.

Frankly, I have to say that I am out. There are many good Android Set-top boxes out there that have a full selection of ports, possibly better processors, and are cheaper.

By the time you buy the Nexus Player, a wireless keyboard (which you are going to want), the game controller, USB adapters, and Ethernet dongle, you are going to be in the $200 range, and you are going to have a mess of wires and adapters -- No thanks.

I'll "stick" with my "stick", or upgrade to a newer Chinese Android STB that has a decent processor and all the ports.
    dynadock?

Just wondering if anyone had tried something like a toshiba dynadock?

its powered, has multiple usb ports and ethernet! Would be great if it worked as i have access to them!:fingers-crossed: