Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[ROM][AOSP][LolliRock][v.2.1]

2,341 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,478

By zulu99, Senior Member on 24th December 2014, 09:34 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Content removed.
The Following 59 Users Say Thank You to zulu99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zulu99 Ad-Free

24th December 2014, 09:35 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Content removed.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zulu99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zulu99 Ad-Free
24th December 2014, 09:36 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Content removed.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zulu99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zulu99 Ad-Free
24th December 2014, 05:24 PM |#4  
Flag SCHUYLKILL HAVEN
Thanks Meter: 6,088

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu99

Full version of Android 5 Lollipop on Nexus Player.

What's inside ?

Kernel:
✔ NTFS, NFS/CIFS/F2FS Filesystem support
✔ USB Webcam support & USB Audio

Firmware:
✔ Full AOSP firmware with standard Android Launchers.
✔ Compatibility with many more apps from Google Play ( Also Google Plus work )
✔ MTP + ADB (transfer file from NP to PC via usb cable like your tablet/phone)
✔ Unlocked fixed Volume (now you can use any remote to UP/DOWN volume)
✔ UVC Webcam for now can work with apps like USB Camera Trial infinitegra.trial.usbcamera

What not working and i'm working on ?
✔ HAL for usb webcam (for apps like Hangout, Google Camera)
✔ External usb and bluetooth microphones. If you connect a bluetooth mic, you can lose the audio but a reboot solve.

Installation:
Download the firmware from this link: http://goo.gl/1pDBAJ

Put the device in bootloader mode:

1) fastboot flash boot boot.img
2) fastboot flash system system.img
3) fastboot -w

To root download this file http://download.chainfire.eu/631/CF-R and extract the file root.img
4) fastboot boot root.img

To restore the original firmware you can use the Factory Images "fugu" for Nexus Player https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Note:
This video is just a visual example, the firmware is much faster, because i'm recording in real time with SCR app at high resolution, while using many apps.
The little hardware remote work, but for this firmware is preferable to use a mouse and keyboard.
Personally i use DroidMote because i can have mouse, keyboard, multi touch actions, soft gamepad and voice dictation all in one.
I love Android in TV and i use it from 3 years. I made this firmware for my personal use, because i like Android in my Tv with standard Android apps, that are more accessible and fast and with customizable launcher.
I have the Nexus Player just from 7 days, many more things will come in the near future.

I need your help especially to add HAL for usb uvc webcam and in the modification of the audio HAL to accept usb mic from usb webcam.
All works will be public and i'm open to share all that i have modified for now in the fugu device tree.

Sorry for my BAD English

Great work, I can't wait to see USB webcams work with hangouts and other apps, if we can get that working it will be badass, congrats on being the first ROM for the nexus player and excellent work! Happy holidays!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to defconoi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift defconoi Ad-Free
25th December 2014, 10:31 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 132

Donate to Me
More
Dude this is amazing. Thank you i am scared to install just because its a xmas gift and i want to see someone give the ok and i will dive in. I just want to know the best way to sideload apps/ have more apps on market maybe with a build fingerprint and some internal build.prop changes. Any help on that would be lovely
26th December 2014, 04:02 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 204

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero_is_Over

Dude this is amazing. Thank you i am scared to install just because its a xmas gift and i want to see someone give the ok and i will dive in. I just want to know the best way to sideload apps/ have more apps on market maybe with a build fingerprint and some internal build.prop changes. Any help on that would be lovely

Chainfire has a side loading app you can use. I installed es file explorer and then opened it with the sideload app then from my phone I transfer apk's to the nexus player over WiFi.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to cdub50 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cdub50 Ad-Free
26th December 2014, 02:11 PM |#7  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Is HDMI audio output one of the things not working yet or is it just my system?

Edit: Just my system apparently. Sound only works with the HDMI is plugged directly into my TV. It doesn't work when plugged into the HDMI on my audio receiver.
26th December 2014, 04:41 PM |#8  
Flag Raeford, NC
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Great work! I think it is strange that there is not that much activity on this ROM. I am looking forward to installing it either tonight, or tomorrow, but one quick question.

Is there anything inside the stock lollipop that isn't working? Like apps not working, or something like that? Casting I am not that concerned about, for now.

I will test soon enough and post my findings as well, but a heads up would be nice.
The Following User Says Thank You to amberkalvin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift amberkalvin Ad-Free
26th December 2014, 06:15 PM |#9  
Flag Lexington, NC
Thanks Meter: 79

More
I second this! Would love to keep the cast feature. And is the Included remote useful and does the mic still work good?
26th December 2014, 10:01 PM |#10  
Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I found the included remote barely functional because most apps are configured for touch and you can't navigate.
26th December 2014, 11:11 PM |#11  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberkalvin

Great work! I think it is strange that there is not that much activity on this ROM. I am looking forward to installing it either tonight, or tomorrow, but one quick question.

Is there anything inside the stock lollipop that isn't working? Like apps not working, or something like that? Casting I am not that concerned about, for now.

I will test soon enough and post my findings as well, but a heads up would be nice.

So far the only ones I've found that don't work at all are Netflix and Hulu. Both crash immediately upon opening.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread