[DEV] [SOURCE] Nexus S 4G Vendor Setup

Search This thread

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
honestly building from source is easy, its finding how to change the source to get what you want that is the hard part :D

as computer illiterate as I am, the fact I even figured out how to do what Ive done is a miracle lol. i am very interested in making a kernel, hopefully waht ive done so far will help me get that accomplished..

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
/bin/bash: bison: command not found

I keep getting that error, any ideas pete? Ive tried to install bison and m4 a million times, I think im doing it wrong or reading the wrong info...

XxsydenxX

Apr 4, 2010
Baltimore
Oh joy, now a ton of people can make a ton of horribly themed AOSP rom's which i wont download, still a wonderful tool, +1 good job.

ComplexMinded

Feb 14, 2009
Thanks Pete. Just wanted you know I was able to use your source for the vendor setup building from AOSP. This is my first real dive into doing anything for android although I've programmed in a lot of languages. This is my first time in a linux environment too.. I'm familiarizing myself pretty quickly. My first ROM even booted lol. The usual roaming problems but using your source fixed that. Will give you full credit if I decide to release anything. Thanks again

dreamsforgotten

May 4, 2010
Louisiana
I want to give linux a try where do I start and how do I get it

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA Premium App

Search ubuntu in google the official site will pop up. Navigate to download and grab the live cd. It will be an iso file. Burn that with an iso burner, put it in the cdrom and reboot. You will boot into the cd and have a choice to install ubuntu. Choose that and a graphical installer loads it will show you your current windows partition and let you choose how much to give to linux. After that it does all the work and when you restart you will always have an option to boot linux or windows its pretty easy and relatively quick pm me if you get stuck and good luck

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts