12.06.2011 [PORT][NS4G] Koush's ICS Build for CDMA [Koush Alpha 11 Based] MMS Fixed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rlasalle15

Oct 6, 2010
Providence, RI
I take no credit for this what so ever!!! All I did with the help of Joelz9614 is port to our CDMA Nexus 4Gs. This is a source build from Koush, he did all of the amazing work to get this rom to work! I spoke with Koush and have his permission to post. Also thank you to Kwiboo and AOSP, I used some of his Libs as well to get CDMA working.

Well here are the goods:

http://www.multiupload.com/SQ0KV2RR2V <-----Rom

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0LTFO07V <-----Gapps Thanks daproy!

Changelog

120611 Build:

Zipaligned all apks for optimal ram usage
Added Mathkids Custom kernel to the boot.img, no need to flash it now :)
Added GoogleMusic.apk
Added VoodooControlApp.apk
Added NSTools.apk (but our kernel might not support using it, still need to test)
Changed Build name in About Screen
Fixed missing ADB files

CM Alpha 11: <---- Based off Koush 11
Fixed MMS!!!! It took a week but finally got it. <0000 Thank you to Bigrushdog, Joelz9614, Solarnz, Preludedrew and xXVirusXx (all helped me in accomplishing this)
Added ES File Manger
Added ODB.apk
Added SystemUpdateUI.apk
Added Sprintmenu.apk
Changed out various libs and bin files to improve performance
Changed from MTP to MassStorage (MTP was not working on on Linux, Mass storage is more universal) <0000 Thanks to steven676!
Edits to Ramdisk to get storage to mount
Added new Superuser.apk
Wallet is fully working
A2DP bluetooth audio should be working. <0000 Thank you daproy
GoogleEarth will be working when Location fully works, just seems a little flaky now.
I havent fully tested it yet...but Talk Video should be working as well.

I will be working on getting location to work this week. I want to add the Center Mod Clock and Percent battery mod into the rom. Also will be making a Reboot Menu this week as well....stay tuned!!

This rom does seem snappier compared to the previous one, but that just might be me.

I have also been using Format All zip before flashing. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1225630&highlight=wipe+all

Alpha 10:
Fix signal strength.
Fix mounting usb storage on computers.

Alpha 9:
Fixed usb tether.
Fixed live wallpapers.
Fixed data usage stats.
Fixed data limits.

Alpha 8:
Fixed Gapps.
Fixed i9023 HOME button.
Fixed calendar sync.

Last edited:

thefsfempire

Apr 26, 2010
Massachusetts
Could you please post what's not working? I'm on kwiboo v2 and everything is good minus camcorder and USB at least. Are these working?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

rlasalle15

Oct 6, 2010
Providence, RI
Reactions: thefsfempire

intheb0x

Dec 8, 2007
Racine WI
OnePlus 8
Personally,
i think kiwiboo v2 with the eri roaming fix and the latest franco ics kernel is faster.

it also includes all the apps, koush rom did not have maps or other google apps included, i was unable to download them either, kept getting some unknown error on installing..

appreciate the effort here, i dont see the advantages over what i mentioned above along with the 11/23 franco kernel with nstools.

fadentales

Dec 16, 2009
Mission Viejo
I wiped phone
Installed Full-crespo-ota-eng.koush.zip
then installed
Gapps
turned the phone off and then turned it on again

Everything seems to work
Market Works perfect
Camcorder works

only issue i am having is my Facebook contacts will not sync.

FL0OD

Jul 27, 2010
No GPS here. Keyboard from stock is a little wacky but I was able to install SwiftKey and shut off spelling correct and I am good to go. Seems quicker than the other ICS roms so far. Also initially data was super slow and some things were not connecting but after a quick reboot everything was fine.

Sent from my neXus s 4G

Last edited:
Reactions: brazimus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I take no credit for this what so ever!!! All I did with the help of Joelz9614 is port to our CDMA Nexus 4Gs. This is a source build from Koush, he did all of the amazing work to get this rom to work! I spoke with Koush and have his permission to post. Also thank you to Kwiboo and AOSP, I used some of his Libs as well to get CDMA working.

Well here are the goods:

http://www.multiupload.com/SQ0KV2RR2V <-----Rom

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0LTFO07V <-----Gapps Thanks daproy!

Changelog

120611 Build:

Zipaligned all apks for optimal ram usage
    Added Mathkids Custom kernel to the boot.img, no need to flash it now :)
    Added GoogleMusic.apk
    Added VoodooControlApp.apk
    Added NSTools.apk (but our kernel might not support using it, still need to test)
    Changed Build name in About Screen
    Fixed missing ADB files

CM Alpha 11: <---- Based off Koush 11
    Fixed MMS!!!! It took a week but finally got it. <0000 Thank you to Bigrushdog, Joelz9614, Solarnz, Preludedrew and xXVirusXx (all helped me in accomplishing this)
    Added ES File Manger
    Added ODB.apk
    Added SystemUpdateUI.apk
    Added Sprintmenu.apk
    Changed out various libs and bin files to improve performance
    Changed from MTP to MassStorage (MTP was not working on on Linux, Mass storage is more universal) <0000 Thanks to steven676!
    Edits to Ramdisk to get storage to mount
    Added new Superuser.apk
    Wallet is fully working
    A2DP bluetooth audio should be working. <0000 Thank you daproy
    GoogleEarth will be working when Location fully works, just seems a little flaky now.
    I havent fully tested it yet...but Talk Video should be working as well.

I will be working on getting location to work this week. I want to add the Center Mod Clock and Percent battery mod into the rom. Also will be making a Reboot Menu this week as well....stay tuned!!

This rom does seem snappier compared to the previous one, but that just might be me.

I have also been using Format All zip before flashing. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1225630&highlight=wipe+all

Alpha 10:
    Fix signal strength.
    Fix mounting usb storage on computers.

Alpha 9:
    Fixed usb tether.
    Fixed live wallpapers.
    Fixed data usage stats.
    Fixed data limits.

Alpha 8:
    Fixed Gapps.
    Fixed i9023 HOME button.
    Fixed calendar sync.
    Okay guys I am back to work...I am going to try to work on this now...but no promises. I have dinner tonight and will be home...since no work tomorrow I am going to work on it all night. I appreciate all the feedback, but also realize this is a WIP, there will be things wrong. If you encounter an error I will need a logcat and dmesg of the error to spot where things are going wrong. Then use pastebin to provide them to me. This is of extreme importance. Also, please remember I am still learning and getting advice from others and will work my best to get these issues ironed out. Thank you so much for understanding!!!
    I will fix the link guys...and will upload a new version...fixed MMS :)

Sorry I was MIA yesterday...lol fought the hard fight with Linux...My Paths were all screwed up and now letting me use my tools...Thanks to Steve676 for helping me get linux fixed...Lol I had a fix for MMS 3 days ago!
    http://www.multiupload.com/9JXIATP5CN <----Please do a full data reset and wipe! This is based of Koushs A9.

You guys can try that and let me know what works and doesnt. I dont think we have mms fixed yet, not sure about Nav, so could please someone let me know. Also Added all of the ICS audio, changed the keyboard so it should be fine now, although still has the little icon in the corner. Added more live wallpaper.

I am trying to build a rom from source right now. A good friend of mine is the Xoom dev and they have the same kind of storage that we have. He mentioned to me its an easy fix to get automount while you are in source.

Please remember this is a very prelim Alpha. I am not worried about Gtalk video, NFC or anything like that. I just want to get the main things working and then we can worry about that stuff...

Thank you!
    I just got home...and going to spend the next few hours working on this...will let you guys know. Hold tight please :)