520 posts
Thanks Meter: 169

Post Reply Email Thread
3rd September 2012, 04:04 AM |#501  
Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 2

More
wiping situation
This has probably been answered already somewhere, but do you have to perform a full wipe when going from stock to AOSP? If so is it the normal everything? Thanks in advance.

3rd September 2012, 06:00 AM |#502  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee mcfly

This has probably been answered already somewhere, but do you have to perform a full wipe when going from stock to AOSP? If so is it the normal everything? Thanks in advance.

Sorry but you must wipe. Also be sure to flash the gapps in the first post as it is signed differently than other gapps.
The Following User Says Thank You to cteneyck For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cteneyck Ad-Free
3rd September 2012, 06:03 AM |#503  
Atlanta

More
Thanks for not being a dick about it. Guess I'll just back up and flash tomorrow. Wiping is the only thing that kept me from flashing

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app
3rd September 2012, 06:05 AM |#504  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee mcfly

Thanks for not being a dick about it. Guess I'll just back up and flash tomorrow. Wiping is the only thing that kept me from flashing

I added to my post.
4th September 2012, 09:39 AM |#505  
Flag CA, USA
Thanks Meter: 190

More
Are you able to release patches instead of just full builds?

Lat time I just to flash and updated build my phone got all screwed up and I had to do a clean wipe.
4th September 2012, 12:55 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pclov3r

Lat time I just to flash and updated build my phone got all screwed up and I had to do a clean wipe.

he said you must wipe before flashing the newest build

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
4th September 2012, 03:34 PM |#507  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pclov3r

The reason for the full wipe on this build is due to the fix for Google backup. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium
5th September 2012, 03:33 AM |#508  
Flag hampton,va
Thanks Meter: 806

More
Anybody have any problems sending pictures through mms? Other than that this rom has been running awesome!

5th September 2012, 07:05 AM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2d551

Anybody have any problems sending pictures through mms? Other than that this rom has been running awesome!

I've always had problems sending/receiving MMS on every single rom I've ever had. Legend has it that turning WiFi off should help, or that MMS will only work over 3G connections. Try it? The WiFi switch used to work for me when I first got my NS4G, but now nothing helps. I've also heard it could be a specific problem for our actual phone or for Sprint.

Can someone else shed any light on this?
5th September 2012, 09:10 PM |#510  
Atlanta

More
MMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_tarandus

I've always had problems sending/receiving MMS on every single rom I've ever had. Legend has it that turning WiFi off should help, or that MMS will only work over 3G connections. Try it? The WiFi switch used to work for me when I first got my NS4G, but now nothing helps. I've also heard it could be a specific problem for our actual phone or for Sprint.

Can someone else shed any light on this?

Yeah you have to do it over3/4g. With Wifi you're gonna have trouble sending or getting mms. An MMS is done over the network, and wifi doesn't use the network. It's stupid and took me a while to get but yeah. The Rom runs awesome BTW!

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

What happens once the OTA releases? We're all using the Full Google Now without the OTA. Once it comes will it remember anything we've done concerning Google now? How do Google's servers react to our NS4G using it?
5th September 2012, 11:42 PM |#511  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Ok I have all problem everything is working except wene I plug in my headphones in I can bearly hear the music it was working good in the early mourning loud tried 2sets of head phones and don't really want to restore untill I'm home any suggestion thank you nice stock rom
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)