[ROM][4.2.1_r1.2] Bland Android Project [02/05]

Search This thread

budm

Jun 28, 2010
South Bend
is this ROM pretty stable? I am looking forward to flashing this but I know its a pretty new ROM and my phone has been acting funny and dont want to chance screwing it up!!

I'm running it on my phone right now (Well actually the previous build, but that reminded me to update to the current build so I'm updating right now) I've been running the previous build since it got finished, and only had two processes FC and they didn't FC anymore afterwards or inhibit the functionality of everything, and I think that was due to the fact that I didnt clear anything. So in terms of stability, its pretty stable.

Last edited:

Sc4ryB3ar

Mar 3, 2012
Plymouth
Google Pixel 5
I have a 4.2 g-apps flashable file, but I don't know how to get it up? It's on my phone...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Is it still missing call audio?

jpmi23

Oct 24, 2008
Detroit-Metro
twitter.com
I just installed this, just to give it a shot, and I keep getting (on reboot) FC of com.google.process.gapps. Any thoughts? I didn't see anything else stating this issue.

pardonmyownage

Nov 17, 2009
Wichita
plus.google.com
NFC is working. i could send a webpage to my Nexus 7. i'll test tags when i get to work tomorrow.

running fairly stable from what i've seen. i didnt install the separate gapps from the OP. i got the two Force Closes right when i start up. close them and they are done. only two though

not the smoothest. but not the worst by all means for a week old source code and a early build. any word on what kernels are working with this?

budm

Jun 28, 2010
South Bend
I just installed this, just to give it a shot, and I keep getting (on reboot) FC of com.google.process.gapps. Any thoughts? I didn't see anything else stating this issue.

This is the two FCs I get, I hope to get some spare time tomorrow morning to fix and remove this, and apply a few more tweaks to the Rom

Which one is more recent 42b1 or 42v2

42b1 is the latest build, also call audio is working, I have not had any issues with it and have held a few phone calls on it today, so there should be no issue.

pardonmyownage said:
NFC is working. i could send a webpage to my Nexus 7. i'll test tags when i get to work tomorrow.

running fairly stable from what i've seen. i didnt install the separate gapps from the OP. i got the two Force Closes right when i start up. close them and they are done. only two though

not the smoothest. but not the worst by all means for a week old source code and a early build. any word on what kernels are working with this?

I've been using Matr1x off and on during my testing, but as far as what I've been told you should be able to use any 4.1.2 kernel, if you have any issues with any of them, let us know though, it'll help others with the same question as you.

r4dik4l

Dec 12, 2009
I will just not flash gapps then :) thanks!

is there another kernel that we can put on this? How is battery?

rjones9902

Jul 24, 2010
Also, when trying tochange the voicemail from *86 to my actual number to access my voicemail, it will not change.

r4dik4l

Dec 12, 2009
not sure how to run a logcat on it, but GPS is not working in google search/google now

griffincash

Aug 19, 2009
Auburn, AL
Bluetooth audio works in my car but the calls i make don't show up in the call log, also i have to manually end calls.

Sent from my Crespo4G using xda premium

budm

Jun 28, 2010
South Bend
Force closes using Marmite 7.1 non cm. Back to stock now. Matr1x is working well? 24.0?

Sent from my Crespo4G using xda premium

I've had issues with Marmite, even before android 4.2, so I didn't test it, but Matr1x is working well, 24.0 works great.

not sure how to run a logcat on it, but GPS is not working in google search/google now

Ok, thanks for the heads up, I'll try to get that fixed.

Also, when trying tochange the voicemail from *86 to my actual number to access my voicemail, it will not change.

I just recently stumbled across this bug myself, I'll try to fix it today.

rjones9902

Jul 24, 2010
Thanks, dude. I know you're hard at work on this ROM. I know i'll be patient as you do your thing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dIqJPbt.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm in the Process of Reworking this post, so be warned things will change...
    Also, I'm currently in the process of building the newest version of the ROM​

Introducing
    Project Bland Android, The successor to Bland Android. The goals of Project Bland Android, are simple. To Create three flavors of Android, Original, Cherry, and Dirty Boot (Sadly Name is now Temporarily Final). All work will remain open source, including Dirty Boot. Each Version will always be built upon the latest code base, and always attempt to update quickly. With the goal, of always being open, always being transparent, and always being helpful. This ROM is aimed to be a effort to help the community, and always have the community help others. If your not into that, this ROM will most likely not be for you.

Just like the Previous builds of Bland Android, I am not wanting to work on this all by myself the whole time, so any offers to help will not be turned down, I would love to see this working 100%, and growing, so PM me if interested, or just post in the thread, together, we can grow this ROM from more than a small project, but rather a community effort.

Introducing the Flavors:
    • Original Flavor, will remain Strictly AOSP, with small amounts of changes.

• Cherry will become the Version that develops Somewhat rapidly, every week, there will be a vote for something to be cherry picked into Cherry, then during the next weeks vote, minor builds will be released with the goal of becoming stable by the time the next weeks cherry is integrated.

• Finally, Dirty Boot, which will be the flavor that will develop at a slower pace, but with aims of always being stable. Again, code will remain open source, as long as credit is always provided. Not to mention, with enough request, support will be extended to other devices.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Android Version: 4.2.1_r1.2

Current Original Flavor: 0.0.3
    Download:

-This build is tested to boot, not much more, unclear of bugs, most if not all should work, just supply your own G-APPs.

Current Cherry Flavor: 0.0.0

VOTING CLOSES FOR THIS BUILD: Feb 15th, 2013

Download:
    WooVGj6.png

Current Dirty Boot Flavor: 0.0.0
    Download:
    WooVGj6.png

CREDITS FOR RESOURCES:
    • Thanks to greenblue for his easy to use source, which can be found here: on his github. or his tutorial:
      here..
    • Kevdliu's Additional Toggles are integrated into the source, which can be found here: in this thread.

What works?

• IDK yet

Whats Doesn't work?
    • IDK yet

Whats weird?
    • IDK yet

Old Versions...

ROM Build 3 is missing (hoping for a mirror)

ROM Build 2 (Missing Call Audio):
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bpib8jovq69xx3m

ROM Build 1 (Missing Audio and G-APPS):
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e352ga7jvx2sh4i
    I have been following it loosely, because when you try to use his source, you can't pull most of AOSP, so I'm mixing and matching his, IAmTheDarkOnes, and AOSP.

I updated the greenblue github tree to 4.2.1_r1.2. It should now pull the latest aosp and I created new repos for firmware. Let me know if you are still having trouble pulling the source.
    Downloads are down I deleted the one I had!!!! I need it again lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

I checked, and Its no longer there, if someone has a old copy they could share with you until I get the new builds rolling again, that would probably be much appreciated... If not, I'm not making a Definitive ETA, but I'm setting up a new dev enviroment as I type this, and hopefully should have the first new original build rolling out between tonight and sunday or monday...

----------------------
    EDIT: 1/26/2013
    ----------------------
    Been having issues getting AOSP to compile in my environment, so I'm probably not going to have it ready soon... But working on it every day.

----------------------
    EDIT: 1/27/2013
    ----------------------

I may have spoke too soon, I ran a test build between last night and this morning, and I awoke to it completely built. I still have to test it out, and add the features from the original build... So I'm going to push that ETA back a day or two, we are now looking at the Monday to Wednesday range...
    I flashed the gapps from this rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1994221
    Stopped the gapps FCing.
    Sorry anyone/everyone for the lack of update for the past couple days, I've been busy seeing family for the past couple days, and they got into town before I could get time to work the rom. I should be back to working on it Sunday, also, ubnub82 thanks for the posted G-Apps, I'll replace the one in my OP, and try to get everything changed out.