Current version: 0.4.1
This custom Android project is built off of Google android-4.0.4_r2.1 source code.
The Crossbones Kernel is included in the ROM which was modified from the stock Google kernel source code.
* [6/19] Version 0.4.1 released
* [4/20] Version 0.3.1 released
* [4/8] Version 0.3.0 released - Android 4.0.4 update
* [3/3] Version 0.2.5 released as preview for 0.3.0
* [1/23] Version 0.2.0 RELEASED
* [1/8] Version 0.1.3 release
* [1/6] Since we are using http://www.goo-inside.me to host our builds, all versions of the ROM will show when the download link is clicked
* [1/6] We have a new server hosting our builds. http://www.goo-inside.me Do not directly link to the files and please click ads to support them!
* [1/5] Version 0.1.2 released
* [1/1] Version 0.1.1 released (New Years Day release!)
* [12/28] Version 0.1.1 released (New Years Day release!)
* [12/27] Version 0.1.0 released which now includes a custom kernel requiring a full wipe and new gapps
* [12/26] Changed all links as we now have an HTTP server. Will have a link to his hosting services soon!
* [12/26] Removed download links for unsupported versions of the ROM.[/B]
* [12/20] Version 0.0.2 released requiring a full wipe and new gapps
* [12/20] Using a more complete version of gapps, you must do a full phone wipe if you want to flash them
* [12/19] Version 0.0.1 released
* [12/19] You no longer need to flash Superuser as of 0.0.1
* [12/19] Mike is now in the phase of adding Crossbones specific branding. Each version will have changes which will make this ROM unique compared to any other AOSP ROM.
The alpha stage (0.0.X) will be focusing on properly branding the ROM and making sure that it is a solid base.
The beta stage (0.X.0) will be focusing on custom tweaks, kernels, and modifications.
The stable stage (X.0.0) will be focusing on fixing any left over issues from the beta stage.
Wipe your phone through recovery
Download links: (Changelog below)
Current Version: 0.4.1
ROM: 0.4.1 Download
* Crossbones v0.3.1
* Crossbones v0.3.0
* Crossbones v0.2.0
* Crossbones v0.1.3
* Crossbones v0.1.2
* Crossbones v0.1.1
* Crossbones v0.1.0
* Crossbones v0.0.3
* Crossbones v0.0.2
* Crossbones v0.0.1
* Added Quick Settings to Notification bar!
* Update to Android 4.0.4_r2.1
* Fix screen flash bug when turning screen on/off
* Fixed an issue with flashing on latest version of TWRP
* Update to Android 4.0.4_r1.1
* Introduce Welcome to Crossbones app. This app shows changes between ROM versions and other information about Crossbones. Expect this app to be expanded before official release of 0.3.0
* Update kernel with more governor and scheduler selections
* Added a Torch LED Flashlight. Longpress Search button or use app icon to activate
* Included a basic File Manager
* Added support for goo-inside.me OTA updates and included app
* ROM Manager OTA updates are now fixed and working
* New gapps are now the standard gapps package. Crossbones gapps are obsolete and are no longer maintained
* Minor bugfixes and typo corrections
* Default Launcher layout fixed and customized
* Default background changed to PhaseBeam
* Added Extended Reboot Settings
* Added CPU settings into Settings app to control kernel specific CPU controls (governor, frequency, scheduler)
* Added BLN settings into Settings app under "Sound > Notifications & Ringtones"
* Added Donate button to Settings app in case you feel like supporting Crossbones Development
* Removed NSTools from build as the features from Crossbones Kernel have been made native in the Settings app
* Default voicemail number is now your cell phone number, not *86
* Updated kernel to 0.1.3
* Crossbones is now available in Rom Manager
* And lots of little bugfixes that I won't bore you about
* Added all languages into build per user request
* Fixed long SMS message send (with code mwielgosz wrote for CM as his first Android project)
* Added Crossbones bootanimation
* NSTools is now actually included - Mike worked with arifhn to make this possible. You will also be able to download NSTools updates from the market if arifhn releases a new version!
* Camcorder and picture editing effects have been fixed
* Only en_US versions will be built. Less compilation time and don't have translators for new features.
* Backend changes for allowing the ROM to be built on other Linux distros than just Ubuntu. (Mike did this specifically for Gentoo as he uses Gentoo)
* Crossbones kernel 0.1.0 added
* New gapps
* Face Unlock fixed
* NSTools added - built from source into ROM
* Settings > About phone > Rom version added[/B]
* kernel info in second post
* Fixed MMS receive
* New gapps now have YouTube
* Fixed missing apps from Market (Including Google Wallet)
* Fixed long SMS message garble - converts SMS > 160 characters into MMS
Crossbones brand initial release
Superuser builds from ChainsDD source, no longer required to flash
Stock Nexus X boot animation restored - Crossbones boot animation is in the works
All Live Wallpapers from ICS added
Multiple changes to how filenames are created when building ROM
AOSP Base Build 2:
Flashing no longer overwrites custom recovery
Added some strings while flashing zip
Fixed minor file naming issues
AOSP Base Build 1:
Initial release of Crossbones ROM AOSP base. This will be used as the base for building the custom ROM.
Please visit us @ - http://xbones.org or click on Signature Pic
Follow @Xbones_dev on twitter for updates.
Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]