FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] *Updated* 6/27/11

8,875 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,225

By mikeyinid, Senior Member on 9th May 2011, 05:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is a little update to the mostly stock ROM I posted when we first got the NS4G. It is mostly the same, I updated the kernel to matr1x 1.2ghz cfs kernel. Its been working well for me. It is deodexed/zipaligned. It has dreamsforgotten's Quick Panel mod, so huge thanks to him for the time he put in porting it. I removed any apps that can be downloaded from the market, I think g-mail and voice are newer than the ones that came on the phone.

Here is another small update. I updated the market, tweaked a few things, and added the matr1x cfs kernel by mathkid95. It is oc'd to 1.2 at boot so setcpu is not needed.
ROM v.0.1.1

ROM v.0.1.1 w/Matr1x 1.4 and smartass
This new kernel still boots at 1.2, but it has a 1.4 slot also. It is also bfs.

Attached Files
File Type: zip noQuickPanel.zip - [Click for QR Code] (350.8 KB, 319 views)
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mikeyinid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikeyinid Ad-Free

9th May 2011, 06:00 AM |#2  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 32

More
SD card not mounted? Did I miss something simple? It booted up fine, looks like everything is working OK but no SD card. Mount SD is dithered out in Storage as well.
9th May 2011, 06:03 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boise

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oubravs2b

SD card not mounted? Did I miss something simple? It booted up fine, looks like everything is working OK but no SD card. Mount SD is dithered out in Storage as well.

No sd card, like its not mounted? Try a reboot and see if that helps. My phone has been doing that since I rooted, before I even put this on it. A reboot helped.
*Wow, I guess you made it pretty clear your sd wasnt mounted :/
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeyinid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikeyinid Ad-Free
9th May 2011, 06:07 AM |#4  
Flag Kansas City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyinid

No sd card, like its not mounted? Try a reboot and see if that helps. My phone has been doing that since I rooted, before I even put this on it. A reboot helped.
*Wow, I guess you made it pretty clear your sd wasnt mounted :/

Sure enough - that worked. Weird. Hadn't noticed that in the 2 days since I've been rooted. I only noticed it because I went in to Titanium to restore apps and they weren't being detected. Problem solved I guess!

And thanks mikey - I tried other ROMs for non-4g NS and I can't get a data connection with any of them.
9th May 2011, 06:09 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boise

More
Any devs know what is causing the sd to unmount? I was having the issue just stock rooted also.
9th May 2011, 06:11 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boise

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oubravs2b

Sure enough - that worked. Weird. Hadn't noticed that in the 2 days since I've been rooted. I only noticed it because I went in to Titanium to restore apps and they weren't being detected. Problem solved I guess!

And thanks mikey - I tried other ROMs for non-4g NS and I can't get a data connection with any of them.

Your welcome My sd unmounted sometime earlier, I tried to take a pic of my kids and the camera told me to mount sd before using camera. Its happened a few times randomly. It was for sure happening to me before I ever flashed anything, so I dont know what it could be.
9th May 2011, 06:30 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
What benefit does deodexing do?
9th May 2011, 06:40 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boise

More
None. It just gives you the ability to theme and modify things. Some say it slows things down, others say its faster deodexed. We may see a theme or two in the next few days..its nice to have options til the CM guys figure this out. I was just trying to help, maybe get the ball rolling on things. Also, even if you don't want to flash this, netarchy's kernels are awesome, I recommend flashing one of those at a minimum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveisPeace2012

What benefit does deodexing do?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App
9th May 2011, 06:52 AM |#9  
Pembroke Pines
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Is this for the 4g only?
If so why not have a separate section for the 4g. Last thing you want is somebody who doesn't know the difference brick the n s.
Just a thought
Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App
9th May 2011, 06:56 AM |#10  
Flag Kansas City

More
Personally, I'm very happy you put this together. If nothing else, it validated for me that the other ROMS for non-4g ns are not going to work out of the box.

As I stated earlier, I had zero data services on multiple flashed ROMS. This is the first one that has worked flawlessly...obviously meaning there are definitely differences in some files for ns. Vs. Ns4g and ROMS will need to be tweaked for them to work correctly.

Thanks again for the work.

9th May 2011, 06:56 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boise

More
Yes, sorry. I really think they should separate the gsm and cdma versions. Mods? You there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsonar

Is this for the 4g only?

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)