1850 mAh Extended Batteries from eBay

Search This thread

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
simply WOW! :eek:

Before you continue, jump to post # 87 http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10913484&postcount=87

so far so good, it's been almost the end of the work day and it's still on 74%

i'm going to run it a few more days, before i give my recommendations

also i'll reset the counter tonight midnight, and let it run a whole normal daily cycle to see how long it can last without recharging.

then repeat the process with the stock 1500 mAh battery :D

but just for reference, the stock battery by this time of the day, is already way down to 50% or less

sorry shaky hands :p

img0288hp.jpg

open eBay website
then search for item 220683021453

[1850 mAh Extended Battery] Here are the pictures you've all been waiting for... :)
... old results, new ones will come on Monday, to capture the same info captured on the stock 1500 mAh test

snap20110113231605.png
snap20110113231541.png
snap20110113231635.png

[1500 mAh Stock Battery] Results are here
seems like the stock battery last slightly longer in a normal day routine than the extended battery, however by the same time in the morning the stock battery was already down to 63%

snap20110115002920.png
snap20110115003037.png
snap20110115003049.png
snap20110115002927.png
snap20110115002934.png

Last edited:

Cheeze[iT]

Dec 4, 2008
Dallas, Tx
I hope this has more juice than the stock ones... normally anything the same size usually doesn't run any longer... heres to hoping it does!

dinan

Oct 28, 2008
There's been a lot of testing of aftermarket batteries... and they usually hold 70-80% of what they claim, so I'll be really surprised if this battery lasts any longer than the stock Samsung one. If it does, then that's great, I might pick one up, but I'm very skeptical... maybe a placebo effect?

The only way to really test is to get a voltmeter or do some controlled testing like video playback looping.

robstunner

May 13, 2010
Chicagoland
There's been a lot of testing of aftermarket batteries... and they usually hold 70-80% of what they claim, so I'll be really surprised if this battery lasts any longer than the stock Samsung one. If it does, then that's great, I might pick one up, but I'm very skeptical... maybe a placebo effect?

agreed, cant remember that site off the top of my head but it was pretty sad. However, if this battery indeed does better I would invest in one asap.

DKYang

Mar 19, 2009
Better to risk $20 rather than $50 on Sedio's worthless 100 mah increase battery.

shrivelfig

Sep 7, 2010
Picked up a set for myself. What is the correct way to cycle new batteries to give it the best performance ?

Lithium-ion is a low maintenance battery, an advantage that most other chemistries cannot claim. There is no memory and no scheduled cycling is required to prolong the battery's life.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/is_lithium_ion_the_ideal_battery

There is only one way to charge lithium-based batteries. The so-called 'miracle chargers', which claim to restore and prolong batteries, do not exist for lithium chemistries. Neither does super-fast charging apply. Manufacturers of lithium-ion cells have very strict guidelines in charge procedures and the pack should be charged as per the manufacturers "typical" charge technique.

Lithium-ion is a very clean system and does not need priming as nickel-based batteries do. The 1st charge is no different to the 5th or the 50th charge. Stickers instructing to charge the battery for 8 hours or more for the first time may be a leftover from the nickel battery days.

http://batteryuniversity.com/index.php/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

Although lithium-ion is memory-free in terms of performance deterioration, batteries with fuel gauges exhibit what engineers refer to as "digital memory". Here is the reason: Short discharges with subsequent recharges do not provide the periodic calibration needed to synchronize the fuel gauge with the battery's state-of-charge. A deliberate full discharge and recharge every 30 charges corrects this problem.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Reactions: sapienta

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    STOP BUYING THIS ITEM!!!

I ripped off the yellow sticker and a 1150mAh battery stamp was on it. also those batterys are not even lasting the HALF of the stock ones.

its a SCAM. give bad feedback and report to ebay!

simply WOW! :eek:

Before you continue, jump to post # 87 http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10913484&postcount=87

so far so good, it's been almost the end of the work day and it's still on 74%

i'm going to run it a few more days, before i give my recommendations

also i'll reset the counter tonight midnight, and let it run a whole normal daily cycle to see how long it can last without recharging.

then repeat the process with the stock 1500 mAh battery :D

but just for reference, the stock battery by this time of the day, is already way down to 50% or less

sorry shaky hands :p

img0288hp.jpg

open eBay website
    then search for item 220683021453

[1850 mAh Extended Battery] Here are the pictures you've all been waiting for... :)
    ... old results, new ones will come on Monday, to capture the same info captured on the stock 1500 mAh test

snap20110113231605.png
    snap20110113231541.png
    snap20110113231635.png

[1500 mAh Stock Battery] Results are here
    seems like the stock battery last slightly longer in a normal day routine than the extended battery, however by the same time in the morning the stock battery was already down to 63%

snap20110115002920.png
    snap20110115003037.png
    snap20110115003049.png
    snap20110115002927.png
    snap20110115002934.png
    Picked up a set for myself. What is the correct way to cycle new batteries to give it the best performance ?

Lithium-ion is a low maintenance battery, an advantage that most other chemistries cannot claim. There is no memory and no scheduled cycling is required to prolong the battery's life.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/is_lithium_ion_the_ideal_battery

There is only one way to charge lithium-based batteries. The so-called 'miracle chargers', which claim to restore and prolong batteries, do not exist for lithium chemistries. Neither does super-fast charging apply. Manufacturers of lithium-ion cells have very strict guidelines in charge procedures and the pack should be charged as per the manufacturers "typical" charge technique.

Lithium-ion is a very clean system and does not need priming as nickel-based batteries do. The 1st charge is no different to the 5th or the 50th charge. Stickers instructing to charge the battery for 8 hours or more for the first time may be a leftover from the nickel battery days.

http://batteryuniversity.com/index.php/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

Although lithium-ion is memory-free in terms of performance deterioration, batteries with fuel gauges exhibit what engineers refer to as "digital memory". Here is the reason: Short discharges with subsequent recharges do not provide the periodic calibration needed to synchronize the fuel gauge with the battery's state-of-charge. A deliberate full discharge and recharge every 30 charges corrects this problem.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries
    I'm mostly curious about the application you use to track the health of the battery. May I have the name of that app?

Also, what did you think about the build quality (or however you'd describe it) of these batteries? I'm worried about Chinese batteries scarring half of my face and that's not just to knock on Chinese people (I'm Chinese). I'm genuinely concerned about the combination of "made in China" and <$20.
    Does anyone know if this is the onliest 1850 mAh batterie that is compatible to ne ns?

engrish much?