Genuine Nexus S Batteries?

1,226 posts
Thanks Meter: 254

By Jonathon Grigg, Senior Member on 27th January 2011, 08:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th March 2013, 09:34 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
My battery is 2 years+ old, so I am trying to look for battery replacements, hoping that it will give my phone a bit extra juice before the year end Nexus come out.

I am confused by the batteries that are sold in ebay, e.g.:
http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/270982067...84.m1423.l2649

It says "New OEM Samsung" so it means that this is not Genuine?

There are some that uses the "Original" keyword, will those be Genuine?

Or I really need to be looking for the Genuine keyword?

26th March 2013, 06:18 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Re: Genuine Nexus S Batteries?
I'm in the same situation. Been looking all over. Don't know what is genuine and what is not.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app
26th March 2013, 09:46 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
OEM stands for "Original Equipment Manufacturer", which means that, in a perfect world, it would be a genuine Samsung part.

But in our world, you often have Chinese companies wrap their 50 cent battery in a copy of a Samsung sticker and sell it on eBay for much more.

The only guaranteed way to get a genuine Samsung battery is to buy it from Samsung. If that's too rich for your blood, then you have to accept the risk of getting a knock-off.

I got a battery for my NS4G from Samsung with a 50% off coupon code for registering the phone with Samsung, if you haven't previously registered your phone you might be able to get the same deal.
28th June 2013, 05:54 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I just ordered one from here http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?productid=37367 for 19 shipping included. The price looks legit and they reference Samsung's site for warranty info, but who knows.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)