[Q] Screen Protector - Curved Screen causes bubbles?

Search This thread

kvs678

Feb 28, 2011
Hi,

I have tried several dry-application screen protectors, and I am unable to apply them without strip of air at the top and bottom edges. I am presuming that this is due to the curvature of the display.

Has anyone found a screen protector that doesn't have this issue? I am aware that some manufacturers shorten the top and bottom edges of their protectors to avoid this.

Also, do wet-application protector fare better in this regard?

Thanks.

neo_x22000

Jun 21, 2009
Hi,

I have tried several dry-application screen protectors, and I am unable to apply them without strip of air at the top and bottom edges. I am presuming that this is due to the curvature of the display.

Has anyone found a screen protector that doesn't have this issue? I am aware that some manufacturers shorten the top and bottom edges of their protectors to avoid this.

Also, do wet-application protector fare better in this regard?

Thanks.

I had the same problem...so i decided to use a hairdryer to remove the bubbles..it worked well for me...n i use generic screen protectors...lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA Premium App

kvs678

Feb 28, 2011
neo: That's good to know. You're referring to the strips of air at the very edges of the display, right?

CMX: hmm, that's quite interesting. I have never heard of a curved protector before.

neo_x22000

Jun 21, 2009
Yea i just used a hairdryer...it work great!!..i used a heat gun once n that work even better

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA Premium App