◄ ▌[24.Jan.13][MOD][Guide] Brainmaster's Tweaks for Android 4+ ▌►

Search This thread

explorer-10

Dec 28, 2010
L.A.
Anyway, after numerous reboots and numerous cache and dalvik cache wiping, eventually it came through, but now I have no status bar and not able to change wallpaper. It's always stuck at the nexus lap no matter what static wp I change it to. Also, long-pressing the home button doesn't bring up the recently open apps =(

Last edited:

Cyboy

Jul 2, 2013
if i manually copy-paste these lines to built.prop?
#Disable.ADB.Notification.Icon
persist.adb.notify=0
#Disable.Google.OTA.Checkin
ro.config.nocheckin=1
#Disable.Google.Reports
profiler.force_disable_err_rpt=1
profiler.force_disable_ulog=1
#Enable_Google_DNS_Servers
net.dns1=8.8.4.4
net.dns2=8.8.8.8
#HSPA.Tweaks
ro.ril.hsxpa=2
ro.ril.gprsclass=12
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=16
ro.ril.hsupa.category=8
#Dalvik.Optimization
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
dalvik.vm.verify-bytecode=false
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=v=n,o=v

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ◄ ▌[24.Jan.13][MOD][Guide] Brainmaster's Tweaks for Android 4+ ▌►

Here is the description of the Tweaks:

• Scripts in the /system/etc/init.d folder:

• 08dalvik - Moves the Dalvik cache from the ext4 /data/dalvik to the faster yaffs /cache/dalvik partition

• 95zipalign - This is more enhanced zipaligning method. Its zipaligning the apps in the /system/app and /data/app. It also creates the database that contains infos on apps that are already zipaligned, and checks that databe on reboot. If all apps are zipaligned, it skips the zipalign process. Zipaligning is useful because its reducing the amount of used RAM

• 99bmtweak - Contains the tweaks that I've collected and enhanced over the time. Included are IO tweaks, TCP tweaks, SDCard ReadAhead tweak, SQLite Vacuum Database tweak

• hosts file in the /system/etc folder:

• Hosts file makes your Phone ADFree.

• resolv.conf file in the /system/etc folder:

• Google DNS Servers

• placeholders in the /system/app and /data/app folders:

• If you want to add a system app or install data/app with the CWM Zip file, just drop the apk in the /system/app or /data/app folder in the CWM Zip file and they will be installed when you flash the CWM Zip.

• /kernel folder:

• Enables the init.d script support.

• updater-script in the /META-INF/com/google/android folder:

• Deletes the Cache and Dalvik Cache, mounts the /data and /system partitions, copying the needed files. It sets the permissions. If you are editing that file, be SURE to use the Notepad 2 or Notepad ++ and use the Unix file system encoding when saving the file, not the regular Notepad Windows app.

• build.prop tweaks Injector in the /tmp folder:

• Injects the values in the /system/build.prop file. The /tmp/mytweaks.sh file shouldn't be edited! The file /tmp/misc contains the buildprop tweaks. You can add your own build.prop tweaks in that file.If you are editing that file, be SURE to use the Notepad 2 or Notepad ++ and use the Unix file system encoding when saving the file, not the regular Notepad Windows app, also IF you use comments (#Disable.ADB.Notification.Icon), DON'T use spaces, use ONLY the underline or dot character! These tweaks are included:
      Code:
      #Disable.ADB.Notification.Icon
      persist.adb.notify=0
      #Disable.Google.OTA.Checkin
      ro.config.nocheckin=1
      #Disable.Google.Reports
      profiler.force_disable_err_rpt=1
      profiler.force_disable_ulog=1
      #Enable_Google_DNS_Servers
      net.dns1=8.8.4.4
      net.dns2=8.8.8.8
      #HSPA.Tweaks
      ro.ril.hsxpa=2
      ro.ril.gprsclass=12
      ro.ril.hsdpa.category=16
      ro.ril.hsupa.category=8
      #Dalvik.Optimization
      dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
      dalvik.vm.verify-bytecode=false
      dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=v=n,o=v

Installation

Step 0: You must be rooted!

Step 1: Download the Busybox installer app and install the Busybox to /system/xbin. Again - install the Busybox to /system/xbin not to /system/bin!

Step 2: Reboot to recovery and install the BM.Tweaks.NEXUS.S.zip file.

Optional Memfree tweak - set to 100 MB:

In order to use the Memfree tweak on every ROM, extract the /system/framework/services.jar from the ROM and upload it to android.mimic.ca, let the site edit the file, download the edited services.jar and put it in the BM Memfree zip file. Then flash the BM Memfree zip in the Recovery.

The attached Memfree zip is for the stock JZO54K ROM.

Optional BM Seeder:

You can read everything about the tweak here.

This is my version adjusted for the Nexus S.

How can I be sure that the tweaks are working?

Open the RootExplorer and click on the /cache folder. IF the dalvik-cache folder is present, THEN the tweaks are working properly. Check also your /system/build.prop file for the #Brainmaster Tweaks area.

The tweaks are universal - not ROM version related, and can be flashed over any ROM but ONLY for NS or NS4G.

Disclaimer:

ALWAYS make a NANDroid Backup of your current ROM so that you can go back if you don't like the tweaks.

I will NOT reply any users PM's regarding this thread or my ROMs, only the DEVs should contact me over PM.

If you are user and have questions, write HERE in the thread.

BEFORE asking any questions, make sure that you read this post.

I have edited the Mobile_Sensei's ROM prepare tool and added the deletion of the /sdcard/.android_secure folder.

Now when you flash new ROM and want to do a clean install, just flash this file.

It does following:

• deletes /sdcard/.android_secure
    • deletes /cache
    • deletes /data/dalvik-cache
    • formats /cache
    • formats /data
    • formats /boot
    • formats /system
    Happy flashing!

Here you can also find just the Dalvik-Wiper when you're updating your ROM.
    Tweaks are now updated. They can be applied to ANY ROM.

The boot.img is not a part of the tweaks anymore. The init.d scripts support is applied trough the script that is executed when flashing the tweaks zip.

If you are already using my tweaks, then please install the new tweaks package AFTER you install the ROM that you're using.
    So guys, to answer your LagFix app question - its trimming the file system like you already know it from the SSD drives. You don't need the app for that, just the remount command.

New version of the BM Tweaks released:

I've rewritten the 99bmtweak and have added the trim command to the remount command.

Also added the new DB Tweak and removed the logging on the user behavior.

Flash over the old BM.Tweaks package.
    Optional BM Seeder:

You can read everything about the tweak here.

This is my version adjusted for the Nexus S.

Download in the OP.