By morfic, Inactive Recognized Developer on 15th April 2011, 08:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th April 2011, 03:39 AM |#21  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1,319

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

set your cpu to 1440/1440, then test 4 times in a row. the 1st is always much lower then the rest. the 3rd or 4th test should be more accurate.

I got 4051 then it murphed on me, with corpses

16th April 2011, 03:43 AM |#22  
Los Angeles

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandam500

@800MHZ is the voltage the same or lower than 1GZ?

Morfic's github just gave me a headache . Couldn't find the acpu file that would have the listing of all the voltages he used.
16th April 2011, 03:46 AM |#23  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by morfic

359 and later 363, but been a while.
Curious to see if superuser still hangs in "VM_WAIT" with 363 now or not.

Sent from my Nexus S

I'm just asking because that version looks like it is supposed to be matched with the kernel cyan uses now...I haven't compiled a kernel but I have screwed around with ramdisk images etc... but I think this could lead for a more stable BFS version. I love BFS because it can be really fast if done correctly. I haven't seen an awesome kernel with BFS since I had my G1, when we first started incorporating it into kernels. What do you think?
16th April 2011, 04:02 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 177

More
What is the easiest way to completely disable the bootanimation? I liked the Honeycomb one, but I'm not feeling this new one . . . I still get the splash screen before the bootanimation if I disable it.
16th April 2011, 04:02 AM |#25  
Los Angeles

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adewey234

I'm just asking because that version looks like it is supposed to be matched with the kernel cyan uses now...I haven't compiled a kernel but I have screwed around with ramdisk images etc... but I think this could lead for a more stable BFS version. I love BFS because it can be really fast if done correctly. I haven't seen an awesome kernel with BFS since I had my G1, when we first started incorporating it into kernels. What do you think?

Cyanogen using BFS kernels AFAIK he hasn't used them in years going back before the Nexus One was released.
16th April 2011, 04:07 AM |#26  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlevy73

Cyanogen using BFS kernels AFAIK he hasn't used them in years going back before the Nexus One was released.

Yes I know, but im saying the kernel that he is using, 2.6.37.4 and use the patch that matches that version.
16th April 2011, 04:09 AM |#27  
Los Angeles

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adewey234

Yes I know, but im saying the kernel that he is using, 2.6.37.4 and use the patch that matches that version.

Gotcha, make sense.
16th April 2011, 04:13 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 164

More
Rebooted again at 1.44ghz.
I guess i have to use 1.0ghz, which sucks because it was fine at 1.4ghz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickROM

What is the easiest way to completely disable the bootanimation? I liked the Honeycomb one, but I'm not feeling this new one . . . I still get the splash screen before the bootanimation if I disable it.

The splash at the start is programmed into the kernel.
The only way to remove it, is to get the kernel source, change it, and build it yourself. I'm not sure why the splash is needed when there's already the boot animation, and the spash is just the same as the first frame of the boot animation.
I guess morfic wants to still show his kernel, even when people change the boot animation.
16th April 2011, 04:23 AM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryhau

Rebooted again at 1.44ghz.
I guess i have to use 1.0ghz, which sucks because it was fine at 1.4ghz.

The splash at the start is programmed into the kernel.
The only way to remove it, is to get the kernel source, change it, and build it yourself. I'm not sure why the splash is needed when there's already the boot animation, and the spash is just the same as the first frame of the boot animation.
I guess morfic wants to still show his kernel, even when people change the boot animation.

Thanks . . . that is what I gathered from searching, but I wasn't sure if that was the only way. I don't really want to mess with the kernel since I don't know what I'm doing.
16th April 2011, 04:25 AM |#30  

More
Highest score I've seen on any of my phones . . . runs really well so far. Thanks!

16th April 2011, 04:41 AM |#31  
Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 26,395

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickROM

Highest score I've seen on any of my phones . . . runs really well so far. Thanks!

if you kill some of that background activity that you have going on, youll probably hit 4000.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)