742 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,304

By Windows X, Senior Member on 27th April 2012, 06:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st May 2012, 07:17 PM |#71  
OP Senior Member

More
Guess it's better to remove DSPManager.apk then. What I planned yesterday are all done now but the more I look into, the more interesting things I wanna tryout. Now platform can be adjusted for any kernel to run extreme patches with uber-super-cool-godly-awesome tweaks I've just made and it's pretty much battery friendly too. I'm really glad that I can use new extreme_direct on _thalamus's latest voodoo kernel without using performance governor.

I'll leave the phone on with newly implemented kernel tweaks on stock-like kernel tonight and see if it'll keep singing fine tomorrow. If it goes well, I might try even more extreme patches before releasing tomorrow. Stay tuned!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Windows X For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Windows X Ad-Free

2nd May 2012, 12:29 PM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 531

More
using the 1.1 plus version with trinity for a couple of days now, the difference is not that big but noticeable.
version 2 seems to fix lots of minor issues that I had, for example in my car stereo couldn't leave voodoo value on 2amp, changed it to 0 and the sound was clear again,
cant wait until version 2 is out.
@Windows X - thank you for the hard work. really appreciated
2nd May 2012, 01:33 PM |#73  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshga

using the 1.1 plus version with trinity for a couple of days now, the difference is not that big but noticeable.
version 2 seems to fix lots of minor issues that I had, for example in my car stereo couldn't leave voodoo value on 2amp, changed it to 0 and the sound was clear again,
cant wait until version 2 is out.
@Windows X - thank you for the hard work. really appreciated

Version 2.0 is done now. Right now I'm adding other WM8994 devices support like Galaxy S and Tab. The improvements will make your jaw dropped for sure and worked fine on any kernel (and I'm talking about extreme ones )
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Windows X For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Windows X Ad-Free
2nd May 2012, 02:07 PM |#74  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windows X

Version 2.0 is done now. Right now I'm adding other WM8994 devices support like Galaxy S and Tab. The improvements will make your jaw dropped for sure and worked fine on any kernel (and I'm talking about extreme ones )

Can't wait
2nd May 2012, 03:49 PM |#75  
Philly, PA
Thanks Meter: 176

More
Quote:

Jaw dropping sound! That's what I'm talkin 'bout....
2nd May 2012, 03:54 PM |#76  
Recognized Themer
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 10,042

More
Quote:

I will support you in Galaxy S Development...

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to DaXmax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DaXmax Ad-Free
2nd May 2012, 05:12 PM |#77  
OP Senior Member

More
Finished patching all Galaxy S audio library files. Seems to work as good as Nexus S here (I have both phones and Tab is coming). It seems my hdd is running out and deleting crespo+galaxysmtd folder wont cut any space in VMWare. Looks like I'll have to redo everything from scratch again for Galaxy Tab.
2nd May 2012, 07:16 PM |#78  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Love it, makes a huge difference. I also love the gamma settings , makes black pitch Black and Blue pop.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium
3rd May 2012, 07:45 AM |#79  
OP Senior Member

More
Damn...internet always getting disconnected all night thanks to poor TP-Link router. Gotta download files again after waking up (70% done now I guess). I also fixed some tweaks last night during tests with plus and default ones. Now all should work fine though some may have little pause during first minute boot up.

With some demands on Galaxy Nexus, I'll try to look into Tuna code and see what can be done. Don't blame me if things don't work right on Galaxy Nexus because I don't own one to test.
3rd May 2012, 07:56 AM |#80  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 2,143

More
Quote:

Damn...internet always getting disconnected all night thanks to poor TP-Link router. Gotta download files again after waking up (70% done now I guess). I also fixed some tweaks last night during tests with plus and default ones. Now all should work fine though some may have little pause during first minute boot up.

Looking forward to trying out version 2.0 on my phone's rascream_thalamus combo.
3rd May 2012, 08:29 AM |#81  
OP Senior Member

More
Version 2.0 released. Information and downloads can be found in first page. I also added Galaxy S device support and other devices will come in 2.x branch.

Changelog

[03/05/12] Version 2.0
-Added audio thread priority optimizations to highest level
-Added audio I/O priority optimizations to highest real-time level
-Added CPU optimizations for low latency playback
-Added Galaxy S (I9000) device support
-Added kernel resource scheduling optimizations
-Added I/O optimizations for low latency playback
-Changed Voodoo Sound headphone gain to 0db (2db has too high hiss on low impedance phone)
-Fixed clear old scripts in init.d that didn't work last time
-Removed libaudioeffect_jni.so as it increase more load and latency
-Removed DSPManager as it can't be disabled and keep showing error during music playback
-Removed wildestpixel tweaks
-Tweaked audio library improvements
|-plus_music uses library from version 1.0 for Alsa's ideal specifications
|-plus_google added as alternative ideal 5ms design based on Google's Android code
|-extreme_direct now has 1/2 frame buffer size comparing to 1.1 version
|-extreme_linear now has 1/8 frames comparing to 1.1 version
|-extreme_insane added with everything smallest from other extreme patches
|-restore now also remove installed optimizations and restore libaudioeffect_jni.so
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Windows X For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Windows X Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
audiophile, head-fi, libaudio, mod, nexus s

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)