[RECOVERY][MOD][9.25.11] Clockwork 5.0.2.3 New wipe & confirm menus. For ALL variants

Search This thread

j_r0dd

Jun 9, 2009
Last house on the block
[RECOVERY][MOD][9.25.11] Clockwork 5.0.2.3 New wipe & confirm menus. For ALL variants

This is based on the latest CM7 source which I modified for myself. I take no credit for the recovery whatsoever, but I will take all the blame for my mods ;). We all know this is Koush's hard work. Just some things were driving me crazy personally. First was the confirmation menu. I really got sick of scrolling through all those "No"s just to flash something, so i changed it for me personally and just thought I would share. I also created a proper wipe menu. I got sick of some wipes in the main menu and the rest in the "advanced" menu. I made this more Amon_RA like. See the attached screenshot for my changes. That change has led to a few others by me. flash with fastboot or flash_image. THESE ARE NOT IN ROM MANAGER. Also if you have an issue with this take it up with me NOT Koush.

5023-cyan.img
20f1c842ed20ae637ecd4e4874ffd678

5023-green.img
5f24361c962383df5a7855f90eb54faa

NS4G Versions

ns4g-5023-cyan.img
5988836a66f535c4a7d499ee417ee9c5

ns4g-5023-green.img
3d79a7b5b0441ef635081656429b541b

Option for no confirmation at all. Just flash in recovery.
signed-noconfirm.zip

All source is on Github. Feel free to do whatever you want with it. If you make any changes that will work on all devices, send me a pull request! https://github.com/j-r0dd/android_bootable_recovery

Change log:
3/14
- capacitive back button now works properly

3/20
- updated to 3.0.1.9 source

3/22
- reverted back to stock 2.3 recovery kernel

3/24
- update 3.0.2.4 source
- removed "apply update from sdcard" (/sdcard/update.zip)
- recovery killed by pkill now instead of ps & grep (BlaY0)
- versions for i9020 & i9023

3/28
- new wipe menu. see screenshots below

3/29
-put the "no" above the yes in confirm menu
-fixed recovery.fstab so format radio, bootloader & misc no longer show

4/16
-reverted recovery.fstab due to Cyanogen's proper code fix for the mount menu for all phones
-updated to 3.0.2.5 source

5/17
-started fresh with 3.1.0.1 sources
-added color versions

6/4
-removed the home button from toggling menu and added back the function for the capacitive buttons to navigate through menus also
-updated to 3.2.0.0 sources

6/11
-updated to 4.0.0.2 source

8/3
-fixed battery stats confirmation of completion
-updated to 4.0.1.4 source

9/25
-updated to 5.0.2.3 sources
-removed orange. just going to stick with cyan and green.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 25,982
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 6,261
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 12,238
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 3,894
Last edited:

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
I just built this from the latest CM7 source. I take no credit for the recovery whatsoever. We all know this is Koush's hard work. Just one thing was driving me personally crazy, the confirmation menu. I really got sick of scrolling through all those "No"s just to flash something, so i changed it for me personally and just thought I would share. see the attached screenshot for my change.

http://www.mediafire.com/?g1od5wzaw604tc2

God bless you lol. Nice job, looks and works great.

deez1234

Aug 24, 2010
Very interesting project lol. I like it!

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium App

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
this is always fun... :eek:
i flashed it in the terminal emulator on the phone. after all those errors, i just typed the script again. it flashed fine the second time ;)

btw, to flash it through the terminal on the phone, put the file on the main part of the sd storage, open the terminal app, then type...

su(press enter)
flash_image recovery /sdcard/3014cw.img(press enter)
reboot recovery(press enter)

i renamed mine cw14 for ease.

attachment.php

Attachments

• snap20110310_213251.jpg
    snap20110310_213251.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 111,010

j_r0dd

Jun 9, 2009
Last house on the block
i flashed it in the terminal emulator on the phone. after all those errors, i just typed the script again. it flashed fine the second time ;)

btw, to flash it through the terminal on the phone, put the file on the main part of the sd storage, open the terminal app, then type...

su(press enter)

attachment.php

flash_image has given me that error recently when flashing boot.img. fastboot never fails me.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Reactions: loveboatcaptain

Kishtsang

Aug 10, 2010
Thanks!

Flashed it trough fastboot, really easy. It's going to save me my volume rocker and thumb.
I didn't knew a new version of CWM was available, until I saw this.

Thanks!

j_r0dd

Jun 9, 2009
Last house on the block
When you attempt to wipe it'll pop a error like unknown volume /sd-ext/

That will always pop up if there is no ext2/3/4 partition on the sdcard. That is what sd-ext is linked to. Wipe dalvik still works in spite of that error. Just wipe dalvik and see how long it takes to boot. On second thought wipe dalvik and run a logcat while it's booting and you will see it building the dex files.

Last edited:
Reactions: loveboatcaptain

LordPhong

Apr 19, 2005
That will always pop up if there is no ext2/3/4 partition on the sdcard. That is what sd-ext is linked to. Wipe dalvik still works in spite of that error. Just wipe dalvik and see how long it takes to boot. On second thought wipe dalvik and run a logcat while it's booting and you will see it building the dex files.

It actually doesn't do anything. after getting the error message, the cache is still there.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium App

LordPhong

Apr 19, 2005
After the error you have to confirm the dalvik wipe.

you're right. I was just going by what people have been saying. So, I finally did a test and used adb to check the before and after wipe. Sure enough, it actually DOES wipe. Sorry to add to the confusion.

Simms - that means you can stop doing it manually. Just wipe from CWM. It DOES work despite what people have been saying.

Reactions: simms22

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
you're right. I was just going by what people have been saying. So, I finally did a test and used adb to check the before and after wipe. Sure enough, it actually DOES wipe. Sorry to add to the confusion.

Simms - that means you can stop doing it manually. Just wipe from CWM. It DOES work despite what people have been saying.

aw man, theres goes the fun part ;)

irishrally

Jun 13, 2009
California
Soft back button not working for me in this recovery. It acts as the power button would instead.

Net scrolling is the same because now I have to scroll down to "go back" each time :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is based on the latest CM7 source which I modified for myself. I take no credit for the recovery whatsoever, but I will take all the blame for my mods ;). We all know this is Koush's hard work. Just some things were driving me crazy personally. First was the confirmation menu. I really got sick of scrolling through all those "No"s just to flash something, so i changed it for me personally and just thought I would share. I also created a proper wipe menu. I got sick of some wipes in the main menu and the rest in the "advanced" menu. I made this more Amon_RA like. See the attached screenshot for my changes. That change has led to a few others by me. flash with fastboot or flash_image. THESE ARE NOT IN ROM MANAGER. Also if you have an issue with this take it up with me NOT Koush.

5023-cyan.img
    20f1c842ed20ae637ecd4e4874ffd678

5023-green.img
    5f24361c962383df5a7855f90eb54faa

NS4G Versions

ns4g-5023-cyan.img
    5988836a66f535c4a7d499ee417ee9c5

ns4g-5023-green.img
    3d79a7b5b0441ef635081656429b541b

Option for no confirmation at all. Just flash in recovery.
    signed-noconfirm.zip

All source is on Github. Feel free to do whatever you want with it. If you make any changes that will work on all devices, send me a pull request! https://github.com/j-r0dd/android_bootable_recovery

Change log:
    3/14
    - capacitive back button now works properly

3/20
    - updated to 3.0.1.9 source

3/22
    - reverted back to stock 2.3 recovery kernel

3/24
    - update 3.0.2.4 source
    - removed "apply update from sdcard" (/sdcard/update.zip)
    - recovery killed by pkill now instead of ps & grep (BlaY0)
    - versions for i9020 & i9023

3/28
    - new wipe menu. see screenshots below

3/29
    -put the "no" above the yes in confirm menu
    -fixed recovery.fstab so format radio, bootloader & misc no longer show

4/16
    -reverted recovery.fstab due to Cyanogen's proper code fix for the mount menu for all phones
    -updated to 3.0.2.5 source

5/17
    -started fresh with 3.1.0.1 sources
    -added color versions

6/4
    -removed the home button from toggling menu and added back the function for the capacitive buttons to navigate through menus also
    -updated to 3.2.0.0 sources

6/11
    -updated to 4.0.0.2 source

8/3
    -fixed battery stats confirmation of completion
    -updated to 4.0.1.4 source

9/25
    -updated to 5.0.2.3 sources
    -removed orange. just going to stick with cyan and green.
    5.0.2.3 is up enjoy!
    How to Flash j_r0dd's Recovery Without a Computer (via ROM Manager)

I successfully flashed this in the stock rom, without a computer.

0. Download the new hotness.
    1. Open Superuser and "Forget" ROM Manager.
    2. Open ROM Manager, and Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
    3. After it downloads, it'll ask for superuser. Uncheck "Remember," and Deny superuser access.
    4. Go to /sdcard/clockworkmod/download/download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/, and rename the file that just downloaded to [whateverItIs].img.real. (The next step will be easier if you copy the filename first.)
    5. Copy the 4.2.0.2 hotness to this location & rename it to whatever the new ROM Manager download was called.
    6. Open ROM Manager, and Flash ClockworkMod Recovery again.
    7. This time, Allow superuser.
    8. Pat yourself on the head, and grin at your cleverness.

Note: If you prefer, you could also use joeykrim's Flash Image GUI.
    If you are on CyanogenMod, you can simply use
    Code:
    flash_image recovery yourrecovery.img

su(press enter)

attachment.php
    I just built this from the latest CM7 source. I take no credit for the recovery whatsoever. We all know this is Koush's hard work. Just one thing was driving me personally crazy, the confirmation menu. I really got sick of scrolling through all those "No"s just to flash something, so i changed it for me personally and just thought I would share. see the attached screenshot for my change.

http://www.mediafire.com/?g1od5wzaw604tc2

God bless you lol. Nice job, looks and works great.