CM based ROM for Samsung Nexus S (ICS for now, JB rolling out in coming weeks)
Love the minimal feel of CM? Love the themeing capability of MIUI?
The Avatar team brings you, both combined in one ROM. Now enjoy beautiful MIUI themes on Cyanogen base.
- Android ICS 4.0.4 (JB update coming very soon)
- Kernel Version: 3.0.36-Cyanogenmod-g632456b
- Baseband version: 19023XXkl1
- The platform for avatarrom as of now is CM9.1. The following components are changed on top CM9.1.
- Status Bar
- Toggles page to contain controls for toggles
- Fixed memory leaks
- Theme Chooser
- Has an online theme server - head here and download cool MIUI converted themes. Orginal themes coming soon.
- Changed the layout
- Added previews
- Bazooka Launcher (market link)
- Own launcher which is an enhanced version of Trebuchet (you can download this at the end of this post)
- Enhanced theming by adding dockbar
- Preview mode to edit workspaces
- Messaging App
- Changed message thread to make them themeable
- Boot Animation
- A beautiful boot animation - will be made themeable in upcoming versions
- Changed statistics to point to Avatar statistics server
- OTA updater - you can check for updates to Avatar right from your device
- Changed to support Avatar ROMs
- Support for Gapps - download latest Gapps package as an OTA update
- Integrated with ACRA Error Reporter for system wide crashes
- Changed to make them themeable
- Support for complex unlock gestures
- Port to JellyBean.
- Layout Theming – Changing a theme changes the entire layout of an app!
- Font Support – As you apply the theme the fonts will change.
- Boot Animation – Boot animations change with themes
Download Avatar ROM for Samsung Nexus S:
We also have ROM for SIII, Galaxy Nexus, S II, One X (will update with links and more devices soon)
Sample Video - checkout our MIUI style lockscreens, statusbar, messaging, etc and the smooth transition of themes:
Please let us know in this thread if you find any other issues.
- Notification page has some gap at the botom of the screen
- With some themes, in status bar signal type of 'H','3G' is not clear
- When the number of toggles is anything other than 12 then toggles page does not look good.
- Very rarely, Launcher crashes when applying themes continuously for a long time
- In Lockscreen, music widget does not display the correct song details
Feature request page - https://avatarrom.uservoice.com/foru...eature-request