[ROM][DEV][PRE-ALPHA] HTC Sense 4.0 | ICS 4.0.3 | 2/17/12

Search This thread

swamp goblin

Apr 2, 2010
**This is currently a WIP, there are problems but as a community we can get this port solid.**

-= INFO ON THIS PRE-ALPHA ROM =-

This is Sense 4.0, ICS 4.0.3. It is ported from the latest HTC Endeavour RUU leak. The Endeavour is a quad-core tegra 3 phone, with 720p display. So yes this rom will take some work.

The rom that I will be posting was rebased from the sensation port, so credit to those devs. I will not just be using their work, I will be doing my own fixes and whatnot.

This rom is more of a preview. It has alot of issues. But hey, this was one of the first Sense 4.0 ports EVER, and its on NEXUS S. Thats pretty crazy ;)

Realize, that by flashing this, you agree to not post any dumb things in this thread. Please do not post about things not working. Only post if you want to contribute to developing, or you have ideas on a potential fix. Thank you.

-= WORKING =-

-It boots
-Some htc apps
-Not much, hence the name PRE-ALPHA
-= MAIN PRIORITIES =-

-Radio ( may work for you gsm users, not sure )
-sound
-Stop random reboots and launcher problems

-= HOW TO BE GOOD AT THIS ROM =-

As of now, it isnt very stable (duhh). So after flashing, let it settle down a bit, it will reboot some and do its thing. After awhile it runs pretty damn smooth. You will have to get used to random reboots and force closes. It's still kinda cool to look at though, don't let these problems discourage you from flashing :)

Last edited:

swamp goblin

Apr 2, 2010
device_2012_02_17_160657.png
device_2012_02_17_160801.png
device_2012_02_17_160812.png
device_2012_02_17_160824.png
device_2012_02_17_160928.png
device_2012_02_17_161018.png
device_2012_02_17_161039.png
device_2012_02_17_161259.png
device_2012_02_17_161351.png

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
Measly? The Nexus S as a single core phone still rocks some dual core phones G2X, and most Tegra 2 phones...really.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

My friend has an Atrix over here in the UK, and whilst he says he loves it, I can tell he wants some Nexus S lovin. One thing tat always surprises me is that browsing on my phone has always been consistently better :)

Oh and his phone doesn't run chrome :)

Im not a huge fan of sense (the icons are an absolute shambles) but what I've seen of the sense ICS builds leaked this looks kinda nice.

Sent from my A100

Lirankn

Mar 17, 2011
Thank you very much man. Your work is appreciated and it's nice to see someone who tries to give us different and new things other than just regular roms that already got boring..

S7icky

Jun 23, 2011
gimmie 15 mins ill test it out on winds network im bored :p

Side note:
I'm scared lol

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

if i was supposed to flash this in cwm... errors out ro.poduct thingy lol still on crespo4g

Last edited:

brmayhem

Jun 7, 2010
Status 7 here too.

[assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "crespo4g" || getprop("ro.build.product") = "crespo4g"

swamp goblin

Apr 2, 2010
Dammit.. I thought that wouldnt matter since the build.prop is still crespo4g? Well if i'll attach new updater script and build.prop for those that want to flash it. I kinda wanna see some gsm testers ;)

View attachment META-INF.zip

this is the meta inf folder, unzip both this and rom, replace the folder, and rezip and flash :)

Last edited:
Reactions: g33kt and ffaiz.m

easye420

Sep 28, 2010
Dammit.. I thought that wouldnt matter since the build.prop is still crespo4g? Well if i'll attach new updater script and build.prop for those that want to flash it. I kinda wanna see some gsm testers ;)

I left my data cable at work so I'm unziping it on my phone now and changing the stuff and then I'll try it. This thing is huge. Now I see why a lot of phones with sense or touchwiz won't get it.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

swamp goblin

Apr 2, 2010
I left my data cable at work so I'm unziping it on my phone now and changing the stuff and then I'll try it. This thing is huge. Now I see why a lot of phones with sense or touchwiz won't get it.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

This thing is massive, it wouldn't install on /system completely so apps and framework installs to /data...

Reactions: g33kt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **This is currently a WIP, there are problems but as a community we can get this port solid.**

-= INFO ON THIS PRE-ALPHA ROM =-

This is Sense 4.0, ICS 4.0.3. It is ported from the latest HTC Endeavour RUU leak. The Endeavour is a quad-core tegra 3 phone, with 720p display. So yes this rom will take some work.

The rom that I will be posting was rebased from the sensation port, so credit to those devs. I will not just be using their work, I will be doing my own fixes and whatnot.

This rom is more of a preview. It has alot of issues. But hey, this was one of the first Sense 4.0 ports EVER, and its on NEXUS S. Thats pretty crazy ;)

Realize, that by flashing this, you agree to not post any dumb things in this thread. Please do not post about things not working. Only post if you want to contribute to developing, or you have ideas on a potential fix. Thank you.

-= WORKING =-

-It boots
    -Some htc apps
    -Not much, hence the name PRE-ALPHA
    -= MAIN PRIORITIES =-

-Radio ( may work for you gsm users, not sure )
    -sound
    -Stop random reboots and launcher problems

-= HOW TO BE GOOD AT THIS ROM =-

As of now, it isnt very stable (duhh). So after flashing, let it settle down a bit, it will reboot some and do its thing. After awhile it runs pretty damn smooth. You will have to get used to random reboots and force closes. It's still kinda cool to look at though, don't let these problems discourage you from flashing :)

Wow this is impressive - cannot wait to get a tegra 3 phone later on :)
    Hard to believe this will ever run well on our measly phone!

My goal is to push our ns/ns4g's as far as they will possibly go ;)

Still having many issues, but me Qube and Swamp are working our butts off to get this thing to work ;)
    I've been in Oklahoma for the past week with no phone internet etc.. downloading the ruu and about to dig in, expect something by the time I get home Thursday :)