[ROM] Slim Bean [Quality First !] [4.2.2 - Build 8] (05/08/2013)

Search This thread

finnak

Jul 13, 2008
Hallo, I have a guestion.

Is there any solution, I use czech language, but I can't use "gesture typing", when I write SMS, Chat, ... but with english keyboard it works perfect. English dictionary works too.

How can I enable czech typing with czech dictionary?

Nebucatnetzer

Feb 4, 2011
You would've to use the LatineIME.apk from another ROM because ours is stripped down.
I know it's a bit inconvenient atm but I'm sure we come up with a better way for the future.

Miguun

Nov 14, 2010
Sorry if anyone has already asked this, but I can't have any wallpaper using this rom.

Did the instructions, and in the end of the instalation, I have a black screen.
I have tried with different launchers, restarted the phone after choosing the wallpaper, it still keeps the same black background.

Any idea how to resolve this?

oswald-p

Dec 16, 2010
Bordeaux
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
You should always do this before you report a bug.

I did, twice actually.
This bug with USB storage activation was also present for me with the RC. Sometimes it works... sometimes it does not and reboot without asking for sim pin code.
Otherwise, the rom is really stable and smooth.

As It does not seem to affect other users I will try a full wipe (again).

Thanks for your help.

O-p

Reactions: Nebucatnetzer

jiro-kun

Sep 26, 2012
KL
Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo) [1.0] [very stable] [many features] [+inverted]

I did, twice actually.
This bug with USB storage activation was also present for me with the RC. Sometimes it works... sometimes it does not and reboot without asking for sim pin code.
Otherwise, the rom is really stable and smooth.

As It does not seem to affect other users I will try a full wipe (again).

Thanks for your help.

O-p

Yup i did too. I always do fresh install even if its just a ROM update. Since its not too much hassle.. Plus i like doing it, the process of installing a new rom and restoring apps seems to give me a certain satisfaction when doing it. After complete everything.. Give it another restart.. And yes! The feeling of complication. Haha. Yeah i know im weird n i should get help soon. :p

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

Nebucatnetzer

Feb 4, 2011
Hehe well you update probably only every two weeks if you're a loyal slim user (don't mind if not).
I flashed 6 builds the last two days and I reckon some of the team flash even more.

Reactions: jiro-kun

redglory

Sorry if anyone has already asked this, but I can't have any wallpaper using this rom.

Did the instructions, and in the end of the instalation, I have a black screen.
I have tried with different launchers, restarted the phone after choosing the wallpaper, it still keeps the same black background.

Any idea how to resolve this?

Try fixing permissions on recovery.

Miguun

Nov 14, 2010
Try fixing permissions on recovery.

Thanks!

During the afternoon I tried using live wallpapers, and they all would work, but if I tried to use a static image, the live wallpaper would stay.

I tried several times, and after a while, it worked.

If it happens again, I will try that :) !

smit.sanghavi

Apr 19, 2012
Mumbai
Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo) [1.0] [very stable] [many features] [+inverted]

Hey Nebucatnetzer, did jerryfan2000 contact you regarding Smart Statusbar?

I'd told him to contact you and help if he can...his new app 'Button Savior' has just made it to xda news...

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

jiro-kun

Sep 26, 2012
KL

Hehe well you update probably only every two weeks if you're a loyal slim user (don't mind if not).
I flashed 6 builds the last two days and I reckon some of the team flash even more.

Yup! Loyal slim user here! My flashing addiction seems to stop after i discovered the kick assness of slim!

Yeah crazy flashing. Haha

amieldl143

Oct 3, 2008
Brentwood

Hi, I have a problem. When working screen suddenly goes off and does not turn on, help to taking out the batteries. Have you encountered this as well? (version 4.2.1 Stable 1.0 or 1.1)

I had that issue twice. I go to sleep wake up and my phone won't turn on. I had to take battery out.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app

Nebucatnetzer

Feb 4, 2011

Hey Nebucatnetzer, did jerryfan2000 contact you regarding Smart Statusbar?

I'd told him to contact you and help if he can...his new app 'Button Savior' has just made it to xda news...

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Not yet.

treesurf

Sep 8, 2010
I've got that same error message at startup that others have mentioned. Also, the SlimOTA app keeps prompting me to update to the 1.1 version even though I have disabled these notifications in the settings.

Otherwise, great ROM, thank you!

ej8989

Jul 8, 2012
Manila
Been stable for 5 days. This has been the first ROM i used that has no issues whatsoever for at least 5 days, and so far, the highest AnTuTu mark i got on 1Ghz stock speed.
Matched with Matr1x v25.0 cfs non-cm kernel. Temple run 2 has zero lag/stutter ("better" graphics setting)

1r3tdt.jpg

Last edited:

tchaari

Dec 27, 2011
I've got that same error message at startup that others have mentioned. Also, the SlimOTA app keeps prompting me to update to the 1.1 version even though I have disabled these notifications in the settings.

Otherwise, great ROM, thank you!

For the message "system process not responding", it is caused by gapps (googlebackuptransport.apk more exactly). We will update them for next release. If you need a workaround, try to change googlebackuptransport.apk in /system/app/ from another recent gapps :). Anyway, that message doesn't affect anything in daily use.

For OTA app, update notifications can be effectively disabled (except at boot) in next release :)

ej8989

Jul 8, 2012
Manila
For the message "system process not responding", it is caused by gapps (googlebackuptransport.apk more exactly). We will update them for next release. If you need a workaround, try to change googlebackuptransport.apk in /system/app/ from another recent gapps :). Anyway, that message doesn't affect anything in daily use.

For OTA app, update notifications can be effectively disabled (except at boot) in next release :)

oh, i used non-slim gapps. no wonder mine's very stable lol.

Reactions: tchaari

sperelli

Nov 24, 2011
R: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo) [1.0] [very stable] [many features] [+inverted]

Hi there, after some days of heavy use, 1.1 has become nomore that snappy, but buggy in different very crappy and slowered circumstances. I am on latest stable r_data kernel.

tchaari

Dec 27, 2011
Hi there, after some days of heavy use, 1.1 has become nomore that snappy, but buggy in different very crappy and slowered circumstances. I am on latest stable r_data kernel.

I am on the stock kernel. I used my phone a lot these days and I have at least a dozen of extra apps installed. No slowdowns.
It may be an old app which wasn't updated by its developer. Many things changes in AOSP sources. Try to fix permissions in recovery or delete some apps. Check also the list of running apps in background ;)

sperelli

Nov 24, 2011
R: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo) [1.0] [very stable] [many features] [+inverted]

I am on the stock kernel. I used my phone a lot these days and I have at least a dozen of extra apps installed. No slowdowns.
It may be an old app which wasn't updated by its developer. Many things changes in AOSP sources. Try to fix permissions in recovery or delete some apps. Check also the list of running apps in background ;)

I am know back to marmite, lagging has quite completely gone, without changing anything else. :confused::sly:

Top Liked Posts