Is BLN getting ported? Answers here.

Search This thread

651stp

Feb 21, 2008
Minneapolis
Originally Posted by 651stp
Hi Neldar, I love this app and it works perfectly on my samsung Vibrant. I rescently bough A Nexus S and was wondering if it may be possible for you to port it to the NS. Im sure it will be vary usefull to all the NS owners and more. Thanks for your consideration.

Neldar: I already had a look at the nexus s sources and there is no way documented to control the touchkey backlight.
So i need access to a nexus s to check if there is an undocumented way.

For anyone who is wondering about BLN this is the answer i got today from the dev himself.

Thus, if anyone is knowledgable enough to help him out in accessing things in the nexus S we may finally figure out if we can get it :)

Last edited:

Jonathon Grigg

Dec 11, 2010
What's bln

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

BackLight Notifier/Notifications
Basically to get around the fact that the phone has no LED alert, BLN (originally for the Galaxy S, but the same problem arises with the Nexus S) uses the phone's capacitive buttons as notification lights, flashing them like a normal LED. This is different to NoLED (a software based solution), as it requires a bit of hacking, as most phones do not have a way to control the capacitive buttons by default.

Luxferro

Nov 19, 2009
Long Island, NY
Couldn't one of the google employees that post here point him in the right direction?

I'm sure they have access to any information he might need. After all, they are the ones developing the operating system for the phone. It would be in the spirit of openess :D