Hspa vs Hspa+

Search This thread

ikon8

Feb 23, 2010
L.A.
I found it pretty interesting reading through Anandtechs Nexus S review when they compared speedtests in an Hspa+ zone between the Nexus S and MyTouch4g. His tests showed that the average dl/ul speeds in an Hspa+ area are virtually identical, obviously results will vary depending on your location but I think it speaks to how the technology itself works and what you can expect in real world use.

Review

34592.png

ikon8

Feb 23, 2010
L.A.
Another thing of note is that the NS doesn't suffer from any sort of "death grip."

rashad1

Jun 22, 2010
New York
I used HSPA on my Vibrant last summer, and believe me it's fast enough. HSPA+ is just going to kill your battery faster, I can live without it.

n1kki6

Nov 10, 2010
I used HSPA on my Vibrant last summer, and believe me it's fast enough. HSPA+ is just going to kill your battery faster, I can live without it.

Especially when we are talking about loading webpages. When it comes to large file transfers sure the extra speed is nice, but at this point with mobile phones, if you are doing large file tranfers you are probably on wifi.

slowz3r

Jun 10, 2010
Malmstrom AFB, MT
yup. I'm good with half the potential of current HSPA+ or even a third of what it will be. (22)

And i've never gotten above 2.0Mbps down on my nexus in south florida, so anything above that would be awesome.

On average I get 6 megs down and 1.3 up on my N1

It should also be noted that MB/s does not represent true data transfer speed it would be kB/s and NOT kbps

neok44

May 19, 2009
Florida
On average I get 6 megs down and 1.3 up on my N1

It should also be noted that MB/s does not represent true data transfer speed it would be kB/s and NOT kbps

damn your lucky. even with full bars and the H symbol on the notification bar i've never seen more than 2.3/1.0. Just another reason why i don't mind that the NS doesn't have HSPA+ since it'll be 2-3 years until t-mobile gets around to getting anything above 7.2 here.

I didn't have 3G on my G1 for almost 6 months took t-mobile so long to finally add 3g to south florida.

slowz3r

Jun 10, 2010
Malmstrom AFB, MT
damn your lucky. even with full bars and the H symbol on the notification bar i've never seen more than 2.3/1.0. Just another reason why i don't mind that the NS doesn't have HSPA+ since it'll be 2-3 years until t-mobile gets around to getting anything above 7.2 here.

I didn't have 3G on my G1 for almost 6 months took t-mobile so long to finally add 3g to south florida.

Ya, wasnt Florida one of the last markets to get 3g?

Anderdroid

Dec 25, 2009
Palo Alto
ninjafighteronline.com
I found it pretty interesting reading through Anandtechs Nexus S review when they compared speedtests in an Hspa+ zone between the Nexus S and MyTouch4g. His tests showed that the average dl/ul speeds in an Hspa+ area are virtually identical, obviously results will vary depending on your location but I think it speaks to how the technology itself works and what you can expect in real world use.

Review

34592.png

Lolz. The G2 where I live can pull 10mbps and the Vibrant can pull 7.2mbps