[I9020T][REF] All OTA and Available Full ROM Packages

4,265 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,180

Post Reply Email Thread
31st January 2012, 11:17 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
@mrjimyjohn

To fix the 3G Market downloads problem on Mobilicity, go to Settings -> Wireless -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names.

Click on the MOWAP and MOMMS entries and delete anything that’s in the proxy field for each one.

You may need to reboot after doing this to see a change.

10th February 2012, 04:58 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,
ia hve cyanogen 7 ver. 2.3.7
and the baseband is I9020XXKD1.

can i flash stock 2.3.6 and then flash ics with the posted links?
10th February 2012, 05:04 PM |#13  
Flag Essex
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eben0

Hi,
ia hve cyanogen 7 ver. 2.3.7
and the baseband is I9020XXKD1.

can i flash stock 2.3.6 and then flash ics with the posted links?

Yes, or you could just flash full 4.0.3 rom if you wanted

Sent from my ice cream powered Nexus S
10th February 2012, 05:07 PM |#14  

More
so.. can i flash the stock 4.0.3 via the recovery without going back to stock 2.3.6 ?
10th February 2012, 05:55 PM |#15  
Flag Essex

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eben0

so.. can i flash the stock 4.0.3 via the recovery without going back to stock 2.3.6 ?

Yes, but do a full wipe first

10th February 2012, 06:32 PM |#16  

More
thx a lot update went flawlessly, the interface looks awesome.
24th February 2012, 02:22 AM |#17  

More
Hi I have a nexus s i9020. is it different from i9020T or i9020A? Which one should I use for my device?
24th February 2012, 02:26 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 628

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkyfrm

Hi I have a nexus s i9020. is it different from i9020T or i9020A? Which one should I use for my device?

If it doesn't have a A (check behind the battery), then it is a i9020T. They just use the T & A to distinguish in the US between the T-Mobile and AT&T versions since they support different bands but the T is implied unless it is the A version.
5th March 2012, 12:00 PM |#19  

More
Could you give me a few pointers please....
I bought my google nexus s from carphone warehouse and its on the vodafone network in the UK.

The details from the phone are:
Android version 2.3.6
Baseband version I9020XXKF1
Kernel version 2.6.35.7-gf5f63ef [email protected] #1
Build number GRK39F

My phone has not been rooted, and is completely stock (apart for the apps ive installed). The only updates that have been applied are those that come OTA. Im doing this because Vodafone UK seem to have no interest in updating the nexus s with the latest ICS.

From looking at these threads, I think this thread has the correct software to download and install on the phone, so I downloaded the incremental update 2.3.6 > 4.0.3 - firstly could you confirm that this is the correct rom ?

So then I renamed the file to update.zip, and copied it onto the root of the sd card.

I then powered off the phone and turned it back on whilst holding the power button and volume up to get to the bootloader.

I selected recovery and then phone reboots and shows the google logo for a second or two, then a box being unpacked for a second, and then an exclamation mark with a droid underneath it.

Could someone please give me some pointers as to what Im doing wrong here ? If its a stock update, then I dont think I have to unlock the bootloader.

I can then pull the battery and it will reboot as normal.

Thanks in advance.
5th March 2012, 12:08 PM |#20  
Flag Essex

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkeny

I bought my google nexus s from carphone warehouse and its on the vodafone network in the UK.

The details from the phone are:
Android version 2.3.6
Baseband version I9020XXKF1
Kernel version 2.6.35.7-gf5f63ef [email protected] #1
Build number GRK39F

My phone has not been rooted, and is completely stock (apart for the apps ive installed). The only updates that have been applied are those that come OTA. Im doing this because Vodafone UK seem to have no interest in updating the nexus s with the latest ICS.

From looking at these threads, I think this thread has the correct software to download and install on the phone, so I downloaded the incremental update 2.3.6 > 4.0.3 - firstly could you confirm that this is the correct rom ?

So then I renamed the file to update.zip, and copied it onto the root of the sd card.

I then powered off the phone and turned it back on whilst holding the power button and volume up to get to the bootloader.

I selected recovery and then phone reboots and shows the google logo for a second or two, then a box being unpacked for a second, and then an exclamation mark with a droid underneath it.

Could someone please give me some pointers as to what Im doing wrong here ? If its a stock update, then I dont think I have to unlock the bootloader.

I can then pull the battery and it will reboot as normal.

Thanks in advance.

Once you choose recovery hold volume down and tap power once the Droid pops up, then it should enter, oh and fyi our updates come from Google directly, not carries

The Following User Says Thank You to DarkhShadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DarkhShadow Ad-Free
5th March 2012, 12:09 PM |#21  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 482

More
@markkeny: Hold the power button and either volume up or volume down. This will get you past that splash screen with the android and exclamation mark, then continue with the updating. If it's not vol. up, it's vol. down, it's been way too long since i've done it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Harbb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Harbb Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)