hmm...still not working
Thank you both for your suggestions. After selecting recovery with the volume keys, and executing it with the power key:
1. if I hold volume up and power, then it just reboots into the bootloader
2. if I hold volume down and power, then it just reboots into the old os, ie 2.3.6
3. if I wait until the first unpack icon and then press power, it still goes to the exclamation mark.
I might be missing something obvious, so to recap:
1. the update.zip file is still zipped
2. the update.zip file is in the root of the sd card
Are you both 100% sure that this is the correct rom for the phone ?
Ive tried both the incremental one and the full rom now, and have the same results for both !
Thanks again for your help
---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------
OK, I think Ive got it....
Wait until you have the droid with the exclamation mark and then its power and volume up.
Sorry being a bit slow on this.