[info] how to install android on intel comuters

207 posts
Thanks Meter: 56

By Athhar, Senior Member on 23rd September 2012, 07:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1.Download android x86 iso from here

http://www.android-x86.org/

2.To install arm apps on android x86 use arm translator
for that you need to download 3 libraries from Buildroid and copy them into the system folder (so make sure you select to install the /system directory as read-write while installing Android-X86!):

Since the latest Android-X86 uses an ARM translator, not all ARM applications will work, for instance, Google Chrome won't work. Angry Birds (as well as Amazing Alex) on the other hand, worked in my test using a custom Android-X86 build in VirtualBox, though it was kind of slow (probably because of VirtualBox):

I'm sure there are readers who are wondering if Netflix works with this new Android-X86 release, but unfortunately I can't answer to this question because Netflix doesn't work in my country so if you try Netflix with Android-X86 4.0.4 RC2, let us know if it works in the comments!

you can download arm translater from here

http://www.webupd8.org/2012/07/andro...ased-with.html

3.To install the ISO either write it to a cd or burn it to a pendrive using unetbootin or usb installer.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Athhar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Athhar Ad-Free
27th September 2012, 06:40 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kochi

More
Oh..sad..nobody want to try this..?nobody have a net book?

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Athhar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Athhar Ad-Free
28th September 2012, 12:28 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
I tried it a few months ago on an Asus netbook

It was fun seeing it working but it's that practical as the whole user interface constantly needs "dragging" and a laptop trackpad is built for clicking
28th September 2012, 01:56 AM |#4  
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 218

More
I'm giving it a go. I'm going to try running in in virtualbox and I'll check for netflix.
28th September 2012, 08:17 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kochi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evcz

I tried it a few months ago on an Asus netbook

It was fun seeing it working but it's that practical as the whole user interface constantly needs "dragging" and a laptop trackpad is built for clicking

Just try it with a mouse...

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
28th September 2012, 08:18 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kochi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder2132

I'm giving it a go. I'm going to try running in in virtualbox and I'll check for netflix.

I think u cannot install it on virtual box...there is some partition error ....

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
30th September 2012, 10:42 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
I will probably try it tomorrow. Sounds like fun!

Envoyé depuis mon Nexus S avec Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to BenHeng For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BenHeng Ad-Free
1st October 2012, 05:01 PM |#8  

More
No matter how I do it, it doesn't boot on any of my laptops.

edit:
ok, now it works on my hp (using the latest asus version) and it's painfully slow. i'm going to look into it

2nd October 2012, 12:26 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kochi

More
latest
try latest version its fast and stable
2nd October 2012, 12:56 PM |#10  

More
The nighlty?
On my HP pavillon the rc 2 is slow. I haven't manage to boot anything on my asus a6000

edit: the brazos RC is quite fast on my hp but is not perfect (cause it is written for a touch screen)

8th October 2012, 08:11 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexussgeek

1.Download android x86 iso from here

http://www.android-x86.org/

2.To install arm apps on android x86 use arm translator
for that you need to download 3 libraries from Buildroid and copy them into the system folder (so make sure you select to install the /system directory as read-write while installing Android-X86!):

Since the latest Android-X86 uses an ARM translator, not all ARM applications will work, for instance, Google Chrome won't work. Angry Birds (as well as Amazing Alex) on the other hand, worked in my test using a custom Android-X86 build in VirtualBox, though it was kind of slow (probably because of VirtualBox):

I'm sure there are readers who are wondering if Netflix works with this new Android-X86 release, but unfortunately I can't answer to this question because Netflix doesn't work in my country so if you try Netflix with Android-X86 4.0.4 RC2, let us know if it works in the comments!

you can download arm translater from here

http://www.webupd8.org/2012/07/andro...ased-with.html

3.To install the ISO either write it to a cd or burn it to a pendrive using unetbootin or usb installer.

other builds to trywith arm libraries intergrated/ethernet/etc.)

http://www.tabletsx86.org

select Android-x86 Test Builds at top of page
The Following User Says Thank You to fgdn17 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fgdn17 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, x86

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)