[INFO] Official CM9 Nightlies rolling out NOW!

Search This thread

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
This.. Is... Nice.. I was an avid CM user until the cut off when ICS started being available.. Just went back tonight to CM9.. Best ICS rom I've used.. I've been hanging on to GB the entire time cause I just haven't been impressed with a single ICS rom until now.. Thanks CM Team!

Reactions: tarroyo

xanderdad

Mar 26, 2010
The kernel was updated to 3.0.22 in the 2/24 nightly. Same kernel that was in beta 3.4. It is worth flashing if you're still on nightly 2/23.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

Reactions: kladd and styckx

Skunk Ape1

Nov 26, 2011
Killeen
This is the first time on a nightly ROM and was wondering how it works. When I flash a nightly, do I just write cache and dalvik? Or do I have to do a clean install every night. Also will I need to flash gapps every time.

Thanks...

Last edited:

FL0OD

Jul 27, 2010
Thus it's the first time on a nightly ROM and was wondering how it works. When I flash a nightly, do I just wrote cache and dalvik? Our do I have to do a clean install every night. Also will I need to flash gapps every time.

Thanks...

Usually you can just do as you stated above. Gapps should be fine.

°•neXus S4G•°

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Yep. Usually a cache/dalvik wipe is all that is needed for nighties after the first initial factory reset and format install. Most of the time that isn't even really needed but it's an excellent habit to keep anyway because the one time you don't wipe is when your phone decides it's time to divide by zero just to mess with you. :D

Edit: I should also add. If you're new to the nightlies flashing. I'd read this thread before flashing a new nightly. Nightlies aren't guaranteed to work. May even be broken. So to avoid finding it out the hard way and having to flash back to an old nightly see what the early flashers report back and see if they give the `all clear'. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: mucking4on

FL0OD

Jul 27, 2010
Yep. Usually a cache/dalvik wipe is all that is needed for nighties after the first initial factory reset and format install. Most of the time that isn't even really needed but it's an excellent habit to keep anyway because the one time you don't wipe is when your phone decides it's time to divide by zero just to mess with you. :D

Edit: I should also add. If you're new to the nightlies flashing. I'd read this thread before flashing a new nightly. Nightlies aren't guaranteed to work. May even be broken. So to avoid finding it out the hard way and having to flash back to an old nightly see what the early flashers report back and see if they give the `all clear'. :)

+1

°•neXus S4G•°

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Flashed it, kernel stayed the same, nothing in the change log. Glad to see the nighties back though. I missed my daily flashing routine. :)

So far though this ROM is stable as can be.

Reactions: carlosaeg28

jojoost

Jan 8, 2012

Damn man, you scare me (•_-). Breaking my nexus with it... guess its worth it!! Thx for the info!!

Greetzz, Jojoost.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

Top Liked Posts