Learn from my mistakes....stick with Nexus phones!

Search This thread

jayvo

May 15, 2010
Ok, so I bought a Nexus S around January of this year. Full price from Best Buy. Thought it was fantastic. It was my first "Nexus" phone. But a few months later, I got bored and heard about the Dual Core HTC Sensation. So I sold my Nexus S and bought the Sensation.

I loved this phone at first, but the novelty wore off. But the entire time I had it, the Nexus S was in the back of my mind. Sure the Sense 3.0 looks good, but for a dual core phone it didn't feel better. The Nexus S is faster. I know that Sense uses a lot of memory, and the Sensation was my first Sense phone, but it ruined Sense for me. I dislike Sense because of the Sensation and will probably never pick up another phone running Sense.

So, this weekend I sold the Sensation to a user on this site and bought another Nexus S. I feel that at this point, if it isn't a Nexus phone, then I don't want it. Dual core or not!

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
LOL :D thanks, i guess that summarizes what i've been hesitant about

I was also thinking about picking up the Sensation, or the G2x, but no matter how i looked at it, it didn't have as much development going on as the Nexus S

also the lack of SAMOLED is a big no no for me.

the only phone i've set my eyes on at the moment is the Samsung Hercules due out on the 09/26th

jayvo

May 15, 2010
Yes, I missed the hell out of the Super AMOLED screen. It was one of those "don't know what you've got till its gone" type of things.

I would stay away from the Sensation and stay waaay the hell away from the G2X phones :)

The Super AMOLED spoiled me so I hope that Samsung gets the next Nexus phone too.

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
Yes, I missed the hell out of the Super AMOLED screen. It was one of those "don't know what you've got till its gone" type of things.

I would stay away from the Sensation and stay waaay the hell away from the G2X phones :)

The Super AMOLED spoiled me so I hope that Samsung gets the next Nexus phone too.

did you see the news about Google buying Motorola? http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-20092362-94/google-to-buy-motorola-mobility-for-$12.5b/

... seems like the next Nexus is going to be a Motorola :(

i wouldn't mind if they build them with SAMOLED from Samsung ;)

after all Google is buying Motorola to get the patents to protect all big 3 (HTC, Samsung, Motorola)

uansari1

Jul 27, 2008
Karachi
did you see the news about Google buying Motorola? http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-20092362-94/google-to-buy-motorola-mobility-for-$12.5b/

... seems like the next Nexus is going to be a Motorola :(

i wouldn't mind if they build them with SAMOLED from Samsung ;)

after all Google is buying Motorola to get the patents to protect all big 3 (HTC, Samsung, Motorola)

Too late into the development cycle for Moto to get the next Nexus..but maybe the one after that. Plus, Andy Rubin just said even Moto would have to bid for the Nexus just like everyone else.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Zorachus

Dec 15, 2010
Lombard, IL.
I returned my EVO-3D for my Nexus-S. The Nexus is the faster and smoother phone in my opinion.
Plus this screen after setting up Voodoo is amazing.

The next Nexus will be made by Samsung most likely or LG. I see Motorola making the Nexus-Four

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

Skimp Killah

Apr 27, 2007
To be quite honest, this is one of the less active boards, development wise. Not complaining, just pointing it out.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Those guys in the Epic forums would kill to have the stock nexus rom, its just so good there is not much to improve on. We have Cm7, miui, and that Pete Alfonso dude...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App

strung

Mar 24, 2010
To be quite honest, this is one of the less active boards, development wise. Not complaining, just pointing it out.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

I think partly because it "just works".

The EVO boards everybody was trying to get AOSP/Cyanogenmod working and bugfree (bluetooth stack issues) and add Wimax support.

G2x also trying to get AOSP working, in a stable fashion. And they're trying to port the LG camera to AOSP. Also bluetooth issues there.

Here everything already just works.

Skimp Killah

Apr 27, 2007
Same for me. I came from the epic to this and I don't look back. I love that I have cm7 and miui :D

Sent from my MIUI powered Nexus S 4g using XDA Premium App

Yeah, I remember seeing your name on the epic forums, the Epic ain't a bad phone, but the nexus is just to legit in every single way.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App

matt2053

Dec 17, 2010
Clearwater, FL
This has been covered ad nauseum, but basically the other phone development forums are swamped with activity, most of which revolves around trying to get their phones to be like the Nexus is out of the box.

Maybe someone can start posting ROMs with features like "SENSE-less, no Touch Wiz, MotoBlur removed, ZERO BLOAT!!!!!?!" and then we can be like the other forums.

p00kienrayray

Dec 28, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I second that, OP. Had the NS4G but then bought an SGSII and jumped on AT&T. SGSII was an AWESOME phone hardware-wise, and really liked that I was only paying $10/mo data for unlimited hspa+. But software wasn't as good as stock GB, and I missed the form factor of the NS. So I sold the SGSII and now looking for an AT&T NS, probably a white one since they went down in prices recently...then consider the Nexus 3 when it comes out:D

p-slim

May 25, 2008
San Jose
I have to agree with most on this board. if you want the newest updates always and if you want all the apps to work with your phone right off the back, stick with nexus. skype and netflix worked with the nexus right off the back, it took a couple of months before most of the other phones caught up. nexus prime is definitely my next phone, and hopefully it drops soon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i am on the same situation. I´ve bought one GS2 and it is superb but i miss the fully functional features of the nexus s. The size of the screen for me its the ideal one (4") but the S2 is great on the pocket too.
    So beside the specs of the S2, in real life i prefer the Nexus S because everything works and is one of the first phones to get every new versions of android. The single core processor behaves very well for daily usage and i am not a big fan of games on the phones.

My luck is that i still have my nexus s and the S2 is now waiting for a new owner :p
    Why would u get flamed? Android is popular bc one of its aims is to allow users choices and personal preferences. If u genuinely like ios better, we respect that.

Sent from my Nexus S