By Menace II Society, Member on 13th January 2011, 12:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
diversificationied
13th January 2011, 01:21 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrally

I'd still prefer this Google Nexus S without HSPA+ (all speculation) over a Samsung Nexus S variant and tmobile printed all over it

lol, what are you on?
13th January 2011, 01:23 AM |#22  
California
Thanks Meter: 515

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCopernicus

lol, what are you on?

I'm on crack(flashers)!

I gave justification for that statement in my other post. Do you think G2 owners are going to dump their phones to pick one up that can handle 21Mbps? Not a change because they aren't even close to maxing out their 14Mbps cap yet. Hell they can barely max out the 7Mbps limit we have.

At CES I was playing with the HTC thunderbolt and it could load pages a fraction of a second faster than the NS.
13th January 2011, 01:24 AM |#23  
OP Member
Flag Brooklyn

More
Quote:

I'd still prefer this Google Nexus S without HSPA+ (all speculation) over a Samsung Nexus S variant and tmobile printed all over it and slow updates. The networks can not handle a full 21Mbps or even half of that yet. My buddies download speeds on his g2 are barely better than mine. Once the network can achieve more I'll be perfectly happy maxing out my 7Mbps, and by then I'll probably own the Nexus dual core with HSPA+ anyway.

What? How do you know that this one isn't Google as well? You're assuming that Samsung will release a Nexus phone when that is a Google branding. I'm sure this would be all Google still. The Nexus S we have now has AWS for T-Mobile bands and we don't have T-Mobile bloatware all over it.
13th January 2011, 01:26 AM |#24  

More
Thumbs down
I really really don't want to believe that Google would release a new Nexus (S) model with more/better features than the device they released barely less than a month ago. Thats just evil

Hoping its just a new color...
13th January 2011, 01:26 AM |#25  
OP Member
Flag Brooklyn

More
Quote:

I'm on crack(flashers)!

I gave justification for that statement in my other post. Do you think G2 owners are going to dump their phones to pick one up that can handle 21Mbps? Not a change because they aren't even close to maxing out their 14Mbps cap yet. Hell they can barely max out the 7Mbps limit we have.

That's mostly because of the network which is why they push out low speeds. I have a G2, I know. And us not being able to hit them RIGHT NOW doesn't mean we can't want it. Whenever T-Mobile fixes their network to be able to actually push out HSPA+ speeds then we can have a device ready to take it.
13th January 2011, 01:27 AM |#26  
California

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace II Society

What? How do you know that this one isn't Google as well? You're assuming that Samsung will release a Nexus phone when that is a Google branding. I'm sure this would be all Google still. The Nexus S we have now has AWS for T-Mobile bands and we don't have T-Mobile bloatware all over it.

I'm saying it won't be a Nexus phone, it will be a Samsung phone that is almost identical to the Nexus S, like the HTC Desire and Nexus One. Google will not release another Nexus phone that is almost identical to the Nexus S. That wouldn't make any sense, but I suppose anything is possible.
13th January 2011, 01:28 AM |#27  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 669

More
Quote:

I don't see what people are getting upset about. Who cares if there is a different color Nexus S coming out, and there is no mention that there will anything added to this version over what we have. If the only change is color and maybe SLCD screen then who cares? Wait, don't the euro NS already have SLCD? Either way, I highly doubt Google will be releasing a new Nexus phone before the end of the summer, especially with just an incremental update to 2.4. Even if they added HSPA+ that would not be enough to release a Nexus S Plus.

Agreed. Ill be furious too, but this is all complete speculation at this point. I'd say its a new color or slcd. Maybe they'll sell a new color in Canada to their aws networks?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
13th January 2011, 01:29 AM |#28  
California

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace II Society

That's mostly because of the network which is why they push out low speeds. I have a G2, I know. And us not being able to hit them RIGHT NOW doesn't mean we can't want it. Whenever T-Mobile fixes their network to be able to actually push out HSPA+ speeds then we can have a device ready to take it.

Correct. Who knows when that will be, but when it does happen it will allow us NS owners to max ours out to 7Mbps. I'm not sure what you are getting on yours now but that will more than double my speed. I'm happy with that for the next 8 months until I buy the next Nexus phone.
13th January 2011, 01:33 AM |#29  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I am so... I just hope this is an SLCD screen or different colour

Sent from my Nexus S
13th January 2011, 01:34 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Would be annoying... but if it has an amoled plus screen I'd be all over it... **** pentile matrix
13th January 2011, 01:37 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3604

Soooo...

Samsung has held back 2.3 from the Nexus One to help sales of the Nexus S

Samsung is holding back 2.2 from the Vibrant to help with sales of the Vibrant Plus

Samsung now going to hold back 2.4 from the Nexus S to help sales of the Nexus S Plus?

History indicates yes

I don't know how Samsung can hold back 2.3 from the Nexus One when
1) Google is the one that releases OTA updates on that phone and
2) Nexus One wasn't built by Samsung. HTC manufactured it.

Samsung is not going to hold back 2.4 from the Nexus S to help Nexus S Plus. Google is the one that controls the OTA updates... not Samsung. If anything, it would be Google holding back the update.

As for the Vibrant for the sale of the Vibrant Plus, that's all speculation.

I don't see how updating the original vibrant to 2.2 will cause anyone to pick the original vibrant over the vibrant plus. If they both have the same android OS version, the vibrant plus will still the better phone spec wise. There's no competition between the two since the vibrant plus is superior in every way.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)