Post Reply Email Thread
13th January 2011, 01:58 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 443

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangjt

I don't know how Samsung can hold back 2.3 from the Nexus One when
1) Google is the one that releases OTA updates on that phone

Samsung was working directly 1 on 1 with Google to make the Nexus S. You REALLY think they wouldn't ask Google to hold back 2.3 from the Nexus One for 3-4 months in order to increase peoples desire of the Nexus S???

If you don't think Samsung is a company that would do that then you need to see how they handled the Behold II update and Vibrant update they are holding back in order to increase desire for the Vibrant Plus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangjt

Samsung is not going to hold back 2.4 from the Nexus S to help Nexus S Plus. Google is the one that controls the OTA updates... not Samsung.

"Hey Google, please hold back 2.4 ota update from the Nexus S so we can sell this new phone some more" - signed, Samsung

Sounds pretty easy to me

Then again I'm all about the conspiracy theories
13th January 2011, 02:00 AM |#42  
OP Member
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrally

I'm sure the HTC Desire had a separate filing than N1 and there were very minor changes for that.

The changes aren't that minor in terms of design.. lol.
13th January 2011, 02:01 AM |#43  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 47

More
I guess one could return the Nexus S for a full refund... then buy it again and have a fresh 30 days... I think...

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App
13th January 2011, 02:02 AM |#44  
OP Member
Flag Brooklyn

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmall

I guess one could return the Nexus S for a full refund... then buy it again and have a fresh 30 days... I think...

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

O.o

Sounds like a good idea.. lol. Hmm..
13th January 2011, 02:04 AM |#45  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmall

LoL

Why not do this every 30 days then and never pay for a phone again?
13th January 2011, 02:06 AM |#46  
OP Member
Flag Brooklyn

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3604

LoL

Why not do this every 30 days then and never pay for a phone again?

Even better!!
13th January 2011, 02:10 AM |#47  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashad1

Damn, so many cry babies in this thread. If your Nexus is good enough for you today, why wouldn't it be a few days, weeks, months from now. No one is putting a gun to your head forcing you to buy a slightly improved phone.

+1 on this. That's just how technology is. Something new and better will always come out in the future. Nobody promised us it wouldn't. That's just part of the price early adopters pay.

And I highly doubt Google will release a new flagship anytime soon. They aren't positioning themselves as a phone maker. They're more focused on the OS and the development of the phone's software.

If anything, I'm guessing it'll mainly be a non Super AMOLED version of the Nexus S.

http://www.samsunghub.com/2010/12/07...-super-amoled/

Russia already has that version. I suspect they're doing this because of the shortage of SUPER AMOLED

http://asia.cnet.com/blogs/digihunte...tm?id=63020146

It's not something uncommon. After all, they did the exact same thing with the Nexus One (swapping out the AMOLED screen and replacing it with an OLED one).

And that whole possibility of HSPA+, engadget even said it's pure speculation on their part.

Of course I could be totally wrong but either way, don't jump to any conclusions. The Nexus S will still be a great phone regardless of what's released.
13th January 2011, 02:10 AM |#48  
Thanks Meter: 152

More
We probably won't have any concrete information until the Samsung event in February, for those wanting to return it within 30 days.
13th January 2011, 02:13 AM |#49  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I remember reading something that said Sammy is gonna release something better than the nexus in Feb...

Sent from my Nexus S
13th January 2011, 02:16 AM |#50  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwr2d2

I remember reading something that said Sammy is gonna release something better than the nexus in Feb...

I think you gave us much too much concrete information for us to understand... Can you please be a little more vague to help us out?
13th January 2011, 02:16 AM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 152

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwr2d2

Sent from my Nexus S

I recall that as well. Rumors... sometimes they become true.

By the way, we're really imagining this disparity between clean Android and OEM skins. The fact of the matter is stock Gingerbread hasn't liberated us from the issues which we unapologetically shun those skins for; how they hamper the experience, slow the phone down, etc. These problems still exist to some degree in stock Gingerbread. Some problems, in fact, seem even more glaring (random ringtone changes, rebooting during phone calls, etc). Granted, a clean Google Android is still preferred over OEM skins, but we're creating this gulf that doesn't exist as widely as some think it does between clean Android and OEM skins. Likewise, we blow out of proportion the audacity of bloatware. Yes, it's junk, and no, we don't want to see them, but do they do any real harm? The answer which no one wants to admit is no.

Given also that developers will likely port whatever Android iterations over (sometimes with improvements), I'm really beginning to reevaluate the worth of the Nexus line.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)