[Q] Can't Boot/Can't go into Recovery mode

Search This thread

jjaeger

Aug 14, 2013
My friend brought me her I515. She's had the following issues:

When trying to boot up, sometimes it will show bootloader screen, sometimes won't. So that means the LCD isn't busted. Will not go into recovery mode to do a hard reset. After some fiddling with it today, I definitely have it turned on, as it is giving me notification sounds and low battery noises. However, the screen is black. I have no idea what is causing this. I didn't think the phone was booting but, as I said, I just received notification sounds. I tried plugging it into my computer but it didn't recognize it.

My friend isn't tech savvy, so as far as I know, the phone is stock. She bought a new battery to try but that doesn't seem to be working. Now that it's on, kind of, I'm going to leave it charging.

Any ideas why the screen is black? And how to fix it?

Hopefully this thread is still active....

jjaeger

Aug 14, 2013
My friend brought me her I515. She's had the following issues:

When trying to boot up, sometimes it will show bootloader screen, sometimes won't. So that means the LCD isn't busted. Will not go into recovery mode to do a hard reset. After some fiddling with it today, I definitely have it turned on, as it is giving me notification sounds and low battery noises. However, the screen is black. I have no idea what is causing this. I didn't think the phone was booting but, as I said, I just received notification sounds. I tried plugging it into my computer but it didn't recognize it.

My friend isn't tech savvy, so as far as I know, the phone is stock. She bought a new battery to try but that doesn't seem to be working. Now that it's on, kind of, I'm going to leave it charging.

Any ideas why the screen is black? And how to fix it?

Hopefully this thread is still active....
additional info: the touchscreen works. When I've had it turned on (still can't see anything on the screen), I can feel the haptic feedback as I unlock it. There is also an LED light that will light up occasionally. Drivers recognize the device when plugged into the computer. Again, no screen.

Last edited:

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
More than likely the ribbon connecting the LCD to board is shot, hopefully just loose
Open it up and clean the connection and hope it works, if not than a new LCD is in order