Why dose everyone keep coming out with the same ROM's

Search This thread

tri-gun

Apr 26, 2011
Most roms that are coming out are always so stockish, y keep making the same thing...

Believe me I understand it takes time and effort to make something deferent but ain't that whole point to start with... Thats the whole hacking idea in general, im not hating on anyone its just the way I see it, it takes to long to make the same crud over and over again and just got some small type of differences which make one stand out, here and there... I believe that if ox and devil and peter something came together something better would just spring up idk you guys tell me what you think?

Its not really about petter and ox even thou ox and devil are the same devs its just about new experiences

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App and thanks again for taking a look ;)

asb123

Dec 15, 2009
Vancouver
I do miss the HTC Dream (g1) days. Where so many devs compiled their own work and even themed their own roms. Each ROM had its own taste

Rem3Dy

Jun 28, 2010
I do miss the HTC Dream (g1) days. Where so many devs compiled their own work and even themed their own roms. Each ROM had its own taste

That was before the theme engine days. Themes aren't for everyone, so leaving the rom looking stock gives the enduser the power of personalization.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Alicklee

Jul 9, 2011
vancouver
I kind of like stockish

well from what i been trying i really dont mind a os that is stockish but with some features. I am looking at stability and features. so far the only one i have found this with after trying all the cm7 nightly(114 to 180) I finally switch to superosr and its seems good comes stock but options to custom from the menu. I find that cool.
:)

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
believe it or not there's this craze going on, about everyone wanting slim, clean, fast roms

you should check out SuperAOS, that one is packed with tons of stuff

but if you really want to be unique, start creating your own ROM, then you can do whatever the heck you want to it, and fully load it with stuff you want

Most roms that are coming out are always so stockish, y keep making the same thing...

Believe me I understand it takes time and effort to make something deferent but ain't that whole point to start with... Thats the whole hacking idea in general, im not hating on anyone its just the way I see it, it takes to long to make the same crud over and over again and just got some small type of differences which make one stand out, here and there... I believe that if ox and devil and peter something came together something better would just spring up idk you guys tell me what you think?

Its not really about petter and ox even thou ox and devil are the same devs its just about new experiences

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App and thanks again for taking a look ;)

MrDrumngun

May 24, 2011
CM7 is about as modded as I like a ROM to be but I do miss all the options that were available on the EVO 4G. Sense is fun to play with but I always come back to CM7. I just love some of the simple refinements such as toggle widgets on the status bar and the lock screen.